Twitter: Gallup says impending return is all mental now

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
As much as I’d be inclined to agree, I will say that coming back from ACL is mentally challenging because your brain doesn’t trust your knee and it takes time to rebuild that trust. Sounds weird but it’s true.
Been through it and it takes a year to even stop caring

offlimits

Reaction score
It's a tough injury/rehab to return to football from. He has not had what would be considered a typical amount of time to recover. Get your mind right and the rest will follow.

Our daughter tore hers in her freshmen year of college soccer. We hired a great surgeon and he took a tendon from her hip. She was able to rehab with the trainers at school and was able to train again with her teammates in 5 months. She had no concerns at all... but me and her mom did. You're always worried about the next tackle.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Our daughter tore hers in her freshmen year of college soccer. We hired a great surgeon and he took a tendon from her hip. She was able to rehab with the trainers at school and was able to train again with her teammates in 5 months. She had no concerns at all... but me and her mom did. You're always worried about the next tackle.
Kudos to your Daughter. I believe the mental recovery can be as challenging as the physical recovery.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Among all thing important and real. He probably knew he wasn't physically ready also. Glad he's taking his time getting back to the grind and physical rigors of the game. Players should really think about themselves first than the game.

Better safe than sorry.

shabazz

Reaction score
Its BS is what I am saying. the term "mental health" is broad.

What they are dealing with is pressure and they simply cant take it.

The Gymnast in particular should have given her spot to another girl if she was so distraught . She basically took a girls place on the team, then quit.

agree 100%……any media person that dared to point that out got destroyed on social media and the news.

people done want to hear the truth sometimes……it can hurt feelings. Soft culture

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
where do you live? In Canada we do not have the ability to take "someone else's" tendon I believe they call it a cadaver so I used my hamstring tendon... still some issues with tightness post op 2 years and what not... I've heard in the states and with NFL players they do use cadavers and it makes the recovery that much easier as your not taking a ligament from another portion of your own body

calico

Reaction score
Call me crazy but this sounds like BS.

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

It's a short season in this league. One game could mean a playoff berth or not.
You are crazy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
according to a report on nfl.com...gallup is not listed on the injury report for the washington game and is likely to play on sunday.
wonderful news.
Go☆Cowboys!