Twitter: Gallup says impending return is all mental now

ghst187

Reaction score
Ah, so basically he’s getting lazy like his other overpaid counterparts, just trying to say it in a nicer way. He’s been hanging out with Dak, Zeke, and D-Law too much. Team should be renamed to the Dallas Conboys

As much as I’d be inclined to agree, I will say that coming back from ACL is mentally challenging because your brain doesn’t trust your knee and it takes time to rebuild that trust. Sounds weird but it’s true.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I’d be inclined to agree, I will say that coming back from ACL is mentally challenging because your brain doesn’t trust your knee and it takes time to rebuild that trust. Sounds weird but it’s true.
Totally true. Not just as a pro athlete but a regular person. You favor the injury.

When you PT, train, and feel confident.....it makes all he difference in the world!

It's why I wanted Romo back late 2016. Fully healed for once.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally true. Not just as a pro athlete but a regular person. You favor the injury.

When you PT, train, and feel confident.....it makes all he difference in the world!

It's why I wanted Romo back late 2016. Fully healed for once.
You never really fully heal from a back injury, especially chronic injuries.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Call me crazy but this sounds like BS.

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

It's a short season in this league. One game could mean a playoff berth or not.

cej757

Reaction score
I honestly didn't expect Gallup to come back until late October or Early November to begin with. It made no sense for Jerry to put out he may be ready week 2. Should've put him on pup and then worked him back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ah, so basically he’s getting lazy like his other overpaid counterparts, just trying to say it in a nicer way. He’s been hanging out with Dak, Zeke, and D-Law too much. Team should be renamed to the Dallas Conboys
Those are some of the hardest workers on the team you’re bugging or misinformed….the guy is coming off a ACL injury what do you expect?