Gallup, Shultz, Bland, or Cooper

conner01

Reaction score
Not if he restructured like he did with the browns cbr
The problem with restructure is it costs just the same but more of it becomes guaranteed and extended
But I never thought cooper was traded because of money or talent
And he wasn’t traded from the raiders because of those reasons either

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The offense looks to be in good shape without him, and I didn't think it would be. The record is directly attributable to the defense though.

That's a fair take. I won't argue the latter. :thumbup:

Just to be clear. When I said there are people here that claim to be smarter than most, I wasn't talking about you. There's a guy here that lives in the mountains somewhere that likes to say, "Well it's not my fault you don't know football" when it comes to evaluating the team. He's the one who started a thread (I think it was thread) and said "Cooper will sorely missed."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
care to expound?

He's better than the rookies. Dak is comfortable with him. And he has more in common with Witten than people give him credit for. because people actually remember Witten as a good blocker. And forget he often got pre-snap penalties because he had to get out in front of the DE he was blocking.

Also, earlier this season Schultz lost a fumble. I saw a stat on him that in his time here, that is the only one he has lost.

Proof

Reaction score
That's a fair take. I won't argue the latter. :thumbup:

Just to be clear. When I said there are people here that claim to be smarter than most, I wasn't talking about you. There's a guy here that lives in the mountains somewhere that likes to say, "Well it's not my fault you don't know football" when it comes to evaluating the team. He's the one who started a thread (I think it was thread) and said "Cooper will sorely missed."

gotcha and agreed. I don’t mind saying that even if it wasn’t meant for me, it does apply to me lol. I thought we’d be doomed

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Let’s get mahomes?

He is under contract.

A-Rod on the other hand was on the market. But our FO decided to ben dover to an unwatchable money hore. But dont ask them. Old men who arent able to get women tend to think they payed a top notch gal.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Essentially, letting Cooper go allowed us to resign Gallup and keep Shultz in the passing game. And although Jerry got fleeced on the trade we did pick up a 5th and we can say they used it well drafting Bland.

So who are you taking? Gallup, Shultz and Bland or Cooper?

And lets remember that had Cooper stayed he would be the #2 here with Lamb going into full #1 role feature mode.
Easy. You take the deal that gives you the best bang for your buck (Gallup, Schultz and Bland deal). Jerry knocked it out of the park by trading Amari Cooper and using his money to resign Gallup, franchise Schultz and use the 5th round pick traded for Amari by drafting DaRon Bland.

Another thing, Jerry lucked out Randy Gregory backstabbing the Cowboys and signed with the Broncos during the offseason. This forced the Cowboys to focus an early round pick on an edge rusher. They totally knocked it out of the park once again using a late 2nd round pick on Sam Williams. That's 4 single homeruns by Jerry which equals a grand slam!