Signed by Cowboys Gallup signs deal

jujoboys

Reaction score
If true that he is a $5 million cap hit this year then you can deduct that he is getting a $1 million salary in 2022 with a $20 million signing bonus. That $20 million signing bonus gives you a cap hit of $4 million a year for 5 years. $4 million bonus hit this year gives you a $5 million cap hit with the $1 million salary. The $21 million received this year tells you that the 2nd year salary is $6 million since it has been reported that $27 million of guaranteed money in first 2 years. That would give a cap hit of $10 million in 2023.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When they said they can't afford him(didn't hear them say that) they are saying he's a price that makes no sense for them.

If what they said was he's a price that makes no sense for them, then that's just as stupid. Makes no sense to not keep a WR who played better and who had better chemistry with your struggling golden boy QB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Should have let him walk, seems fragile. I like my crow blackened if it comes to that….:laugh:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
You guys really have to start seeing these players for what they truly are. What the heck has Michael Gallup ever done to warrant top money?

How in the hell is what he's got paid top money???

it comes out to approx. 9 mill a year. Thats on par w/ Randall Cobb....... NOW not earlier Cobb now

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
WAY TOO MANY YEARS....I am warning you that this could really end up like Miles Austin, who was Dog S his last 3 years here.

The reason for all the years is to spread out the cap hit. And with the cap likely to go up steadily throughout the life of the deal Gallup will get cheaper and cheaper.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hasn't he been injured the past two years? :huh:
Yeah, let's just hand him the bank. :rolleyes:

Gallup missed eight games last year and aside from minor injuries he hasn't missed extended time prior (two games in 2019 and one game in 2020).

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
So? He's been injured two consecutive years. How do we know he's going to make it through this year?

And, watch, we'll select a WR with one of our three early picks.

He played in 16 games in 2021, 14 in '19, and 16 in '18.

I don't get what you are saying.

Carson

Reaction score
So? He's been injured two consecutive years. How do we know he's going to make it through this year?

And, watch, we'll select a WR with one of our three early picks.
SO you’re paying market value for a #2 guy who knows your system, your QB offense etc.

Instead of overpaying for a guy who may not work out. They aren’t starting 2-3 rookies at WR

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gallup's annual salary is below the top 20 average among NFL wide receivers and yet there is so much hand-wringing about overpaying. This is an excellent deal.

And I can guarantee if the Cowboys didn't do this and Gallup walked there would be 12 pages and counting of calling Dallas cheapskates.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
SO you’re paying market value for a #2 guy who knows your system, your QB offense etc.

Instead of overpaying for a guy who may not work out. They aren’t starting 2-3 rookies at WR

I am so happy Gallup is coming back instead of Dallas going after an overrated player like D.J. Chark, Will Fuller, or JuJu Smith-Schuster.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I wish they would structure all deals for games played only.

Gallup gets $800,000 per game played. Salesmen do not get paid for sales they do not make.

Carson

Reaction score
I wish they would structure all deals for games played only.

Gallup gets $800,000 per game played. Salesmen do not get paid for sales they do not make.
But if another company offers that and another company pays you regardless, you have no salesmen left.