Game Day Menu

JustChip

Reaction score
I live in south jersey. I finally found a place that sells shiner bock near me.
It's not bad.
It reminds me of Yuengling Lager without the scabby ownership.
If you're ever up in PA or NJ and you're looking for something similar to shiner bock, Yuengling Lager is your beer.
I was at State College for business a few years back and partook of Yuengling. Good, but not a Shiner .

Yuengling is available down here now.

JustChip

Reaction score
i gotta tell you though i used to like shiner a lot but ZiegenBock it almost tastes the same but without a little bit of the after case the Shiner has..
I can’t remember ever having a ZiegenBock. I’m like the dad in the Champion Energy ad - I pick a lane and stay in it. I might just try one Wednesday when I’m at the bar for trivia.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can’t remember ever having a ZiegenBock. I’m like the dad in the Champion Energy ad - I pick a lane and stay in it. I might just try one Wednesday when I’m at the bar for trivia.
I think it's better I think they took Shiner and refined it just a little bit more it very much has a similar taste everything but for me Shiner leaves a little bit of a after taste on your tongue but ziegenbach does not.. We all have different palettes though so maybe you won't like it I don't know.. Never hurts to try I remember the first time I tried it I was trying to order a Shiner I believe it was at the old bennigan's and they didn't carry Shiner they had ziegenbock instead because they said it was similar and i always buy that now instead of shiner it took me and made me believe lol