Game is all on the Defense

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lol he was our only offense tonight. He carried us for 308 yards in 23 minutes time of possession.

You’re about as clueless as they come

Clueless!?!.....this coming from a braindead fellow fan that is more excited about 308 yards of offense and 23 min of TOP in a loss in the playoffs!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Very young on defense. I remember the 91 team getting pantsed in the Divisional playoff against a good Detroit team. It was clear we were good, but not quite ready that day.

I feel that way now. Our defense is good, but we have good, young pieces.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were worst I have ever seen. They should be embarrassed, Dak was the only thing we had all night and thats sad. 22 ******** years and still nothing

Don't worry bud Dak will turn it around for us....:laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
They were worst I have ever seen. They should be embarrassed, Dak was the only thing we had all night and thats sad. 22 ******** years and still nothing

Question, wasn't the Rams favored for a reason? They were considered the better team, they played like it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Or the Defense could have force more than one punt
Or the offense could have done more early in the game when we were holding the Rams to FG's, this can go on and on. WE averaged 21 points a game this season who expected us to score more than that? and the rams averaged 33 points a game this season so who in their right mind really thought we would hold them to less than 30? If we held them to 24 would that have been good? We still lose the game

Noclaf

Reaction score
Very young on defense. I remember the 91 team getting pantsed in the Divisional playoff against a good Detroit team. It was clear we were good, but not quite ready that day.

That was not a good defense in any way shape or form. Look that same D what 4 weeks ago got destroyed by Indy and look what happen to Indy. Maybe just maybe this d sucks?

aikemirv

Reaction score
How in the sam hell was Dak trash, he was the only thing we had tonight, Zeke sucked, Oline sucked, D was trash.
Thatbwas a d who sold ou to stop Zeke and Dak is not consistent enough to take advantage of receivers running open all over the field.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

WE have outstanding LB's i'm still not sold on our D-Line or our backend

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The defense was terrible, terrible at every position, terrible all night long. It wouldn't mattered what the offense did, the defense would have just kept giving up more points.

windjc

Reaction score
Defense looked so slow compared to the Rams which is weird considering how fast they usually look.
McVays offense is designed to freeze he linebackers. And it’s damn good at doing that. Dallas made LA make long drives and LA did just that. We lost because our front four could do nothing to disrupt the LA progressions.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
It was pretty embarrassing, all the trash talk and they lay a pterodactyl size egg.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Or the offense could have done more early in the game when we were holding the Rams to FG's, this can go on and on. WE averaged 21 points a game this season who expected us to score more than that? and the rams averaged 33 points a game this season so who in their right mind really thought we would hold them to less than 30? If we held them to 24 would that have been good? We still lose the game

Or the Defense could have stepped up, when the offense made it 7-3. Even while the offense should have been able to do better at times, it is never acceptable for the D to be so bad, that the offense has to score nearly on every possession. This was just about the case tonight, because the Rams basically scored on every possession they got. Defense gets no credit for holding them to FGs.

Because no one blaming Dak for the loss, is going to give him credit for the things he did to give the Cowboys a chance to comeback and tie the game, if the D had held at the end up the game. Dak doesn't get credit from his haters, even when the Cowboys win. But, the D should be praised for forcing a couple of FGs, in an overall bad performance.