Game is all on the Defense

Wizarus

Reaction score
And despite that, if Jeff Heath doesn't make the most head scratching defensive play I saw all season we have the ball with 1:40 left with a chance to tie the game.
That goes both ways. If their Safety did push Cooper OOB to stop him from catching an uncatchable ball, the game would be over much sooner. We were just dominated.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The only reason we lost this game was because we couldn’t stop the Rams running game. For you haters who blame it on Dak or anyone else, you have no clue about what it takes to win football games.

That is the only reason we lost.

McVay added a wrinkle with the jet sweep motion and suddenly one of the leagues best run defenses gives up 7 yards a carry for 4 quarters.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The only reason we lost this game was because we couldn’t stop the Rams running game. For you haters who blame it on Dak or anyone else, you have no clue about what it takes to win football games.

I can almost hear you ineptly whimpering as you typed that out.

Shut up.

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
100%. A person with no clue about football could see it. There is nothing more demoralizing than to be beaten to a pulp by an opponents running game. Not to mention the Cowboys strength, their running game, was shut down.

kskboys

Reaction score
And couldn't pressure the QB.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Our D allowed the Rams to set a franchise record for most yardage ever in a playoff game. Process that and then get back to me about Dak.

I'm not blaming Dak for anything all i'm saying is he did what he always does and for this game it's wasn't enough. Dak played his game he put up 22 (basically our season average) we needed more against a team that put up 33 points a game this season. You had to understand that going into this game. Blame the D all you want but if you thought you were going to hold the Rams to less than 30 going into this game then you know nothing about football. This was a game we were always going to have to win 35-31 or 30-28 or 38-35

AzorAhai

Reaction score
There are two obvious liabailities out there on this defense. Both have 8's in their numbers. 38 and 98. Get them out of the positions they're playing and this defense might be better.
ET3 is a priority as a stopgap. Unless L. Collins somehow hits the market. Crawford is as good as gone. His money is going to D-Law. Lee is also gone. I’m not going to get my hopes up on a decent DT being brought in though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ET3 is a priority as a stopgap. Unless L. Collins somehow hits the market. Crawford is as good as gone. His money is going to D-Law. Lee is also gone. I’m not going to get my hopes up on a decent DT being brought in though.

Just get Heath off the field. A day late and a dollar short every time he's expected to make a play. Might as well wear a bullseye.

I'm just done with Crawford being miscast in whatever role he's put in. No pass rush whatsoever from right defensive end and on top of it, he fails in contain responsibilities on top of it.

Let's see? No pass rush, and fails at run contain. Why exactly is he out there?

The two biggest defensive liabilities this team has.

Dre11

Reaction score
we went 3 and out a number of times this game, lets face facts the Rams have a good D-Line but overall they are not a great D, they were ranked 20th this season and they gave up 24 points a game. What did we do on offense to expose that? They were 23rd against the run but we couldn't run on them, why?

How many times? Do you know, did you expect us to score on every possession? The gave up 24, we scored 22 , pretty much their average, again, there defense rank don't mean anything, when their offense controls the game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
How many times? Do you know, did you expect us to score on every possession? The gave up 24, we scored 22 , pretty much their average, again, there defense rank don't mean anything, when their offense controls the game.

Bingo.

You can’t exoect your offense to put up a lot of points when they never have the ball. How many plays did we run? Like 53? That’s no enough plays.

That’s why you can’t win games giving up 250+ yards rushing.

The rams ran the ball and played keep away with us. It’s what we usually do to other teams. But this time it was done to us.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

No i do not expect us to score on every possesion, but i knew going into this game we were going to have to put at least 30 on the board to have a chance to win, unfortuneatly most around here must have thought otherwise

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Just get Heath off the field. A day late and a dollar short every time he's expected to make a play. Might as well wear a bullseye.

I'm just done with Crawford being miscast in whatever role he's put in. No pass rush whatsoever from right defensive end and on top of it, he fails in contain responsibilities on top of it.

Let's see? No pass rush, and fails at run contain. Why exactly is he out there?

The two biggest defensive liabilities this team has.
I kind of feel bad for him. Always hurt, always moved around to accommodate others and not even playing the position he was drafted for. Oh well, he got his big money so I don’t feel too bad.

This is the 1st year it’s an easy win to cut him from a cap space perspective though. He’s almost 6 million by himself. Him and Lee are 13 million and easy decisions imo based on what we’ve seen.

Williams is another cut and Hurns might be too. I’m just not sure what that’s going to be like with his injury situation and how that affects it. Those 4 are over 20 million in savings though and rather easy decisions to make imo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of feel bad for him. Always hurt, always moved around to accommodate others and not even playing the position he was drafted for. Oh well, he got his big money so I don’t feel too bad.

This is the 1st year it’s an easy win to cut him from a cap space perspective though. He’s almost 6 million by himself. Him and Lee are 13 million and easy decisions imo based on what we’ve seen.

Williams is another cut and Hurns might be too. I’m just not sure what that’s going to be like with his injury situation and how that affects it. Those 4 are over 20 million in savings though and rather easy decisions to make imo.

I was hopeful that they could work out a restructured and lowered deal where they would keep Crawford and he could retire as a Cowboy. He's a great team guy and gives his best effort. But if this is how they're going to play him? Misaligning him as a RDE? Yeah, cut him. Cut him and let him go Andrew be the 3-4 DE that he should have been all along.

Reaction score
Last I checked Jason Garrett was the leader of BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL

I WANT AN ANSWER FROM A PRO GARRET FAN: How many years does this guy need??
He was hired in 2007, 2007 does everyone realize he was hired in 2007?

I feel like I might just post ‘2007’ without any context over and over in this forum until we all lose our minds, or we accept being a non-relevant mediocre team that is fine with never winning

HungryLion

Reaction score
No i do not expect us to score on every possesion, but i knew going into this game we were going to have to put at least 30 on the board to have a chance to win, unfortuneatly most around here must have thought otherwise

It’s hard to put up 30 when the defense can’t get off the field and doesn’t create a single turnover too.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Bull I thought this D was elite, they looked lost out there all ******** night. Screw this D they suck
The freakin Eagles beat them in LA 3 weeks ago or so. Not sure what that was tonight.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s hard to put up 30 when the defense can’t get off the field and doesn’t create a single turnover too.

It's hard to put up 30 when you go 3 and out 3 times in the game twice in the 1st half and once to start the 2nd half This wasn't the Bears D we were playing, they were the 20th ranked D in the leauge and 23 in points given up at 24 a game