Game Observations

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So Mike Nolan is a good coach after all

Maybe. Let's hope he'll continue to coach this defense into improving. He's simplified the defense to help them adjust this year. Hopefully, he won't make the same mistake Rob Ryan did and make the "D" too complex for our guys to handle next year. He's ok for now, though. ;)

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
-Thought new look OL played very well, run game was excellent, but I wonder how good Minnesota D is.
-Dalton seemed to get the ball out quicker.
-CeeDee was a beast yesterday, perhaps he was reading all the clippings of Jefferson's strong play
-Wilson is on the verge of earning a starter's spot for the future. Changed the game with that hit on Cook.
-Anthony Brown had a tough match-up and really struggled. He always grabs and never locates the football.
-Saw Defensive Ends, even DLaw struggle with outside containment.
-Thought both Lve/A. Woods flashed at times, it shouldn't be a surprise D has been better with both of them.
-This was a litmus test for their run defense, they were improved, but still not good enough.

Every defender responsible for containment has struggled all year. It's frustrating.

75boyz

Reaction score
Said no one.

Lol, too funny. And accurate as well. They still got torched through the air and on the ground but there were some splash plays at least and turnover.
I guess I can say they appear to be trying harder than the earlier season performances.
I mean, as if paid professionals are supposed to receive kudos for giving effort that is.
But then again, the bar of expectations is pretty low defensively around these parts so it ain't hard to see improvement if even in not getting totally embarrassed. Lol :)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dallas ran the ball 31 times and had a 5.8 avg, that is what made them look better.
They did try harder, and played hard, like they wanted to win, havent seen that in awhile.
Andy looked way better than I thought he would.
ceedee wasnt a beast lol, he only had 34 yds rec, but that one td catch was good.

I thought shultz was the surprise steady receiver. but they all did their part, even noah brown had a catch.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I believe they have him rotating with a few others at the position, where X. Woods hasn't come off the field.

He's played the vast majority of the snaps since week 4. Only game he really "rotated" was one where he got hurt.

Ya know, you could look facts up rather than just talk outta yer butt.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Everyone needs to tap the brakes on this O-line being fixed..the Vikes D-line is bad and the one we play Tursday is top 3....we wil find out how fixed the O-line is, I'm hoping for great but will be happy if they don't put Dalton out of the game again. Thursday will be a tough offensive outing against a very good DC defense.

garyo1954

Reaction score
dallas ran the ball 31 times and had a 5.8 avg, that is what made them look better.
They did try harder, and played hard, like they wanted to win, havent seen that in awhile.
ceedee wasnt a beast lol, he only had 34 yds rec, but that one td catch was good.

I thought shultz was the surprise steady receiver. but they all did their part, even noah brown had a catch.

The Schultz TD was gorgeous. I loved it.
CD is turning into an all around ball handler. 2 rushes for 12 yards to go with 4 rec for 34. And the TD. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him pull up and toss one before the year is over, ala Dez Bryant.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

I seem to recall that Noah Brown even made the block that helped to produce the TD by Tony Pollard. Seemed like practically everyone stepped up in that one. CeeDee totally established himself as a rookie on the rise. He also got NFLN recognition for having the "catch of the day." Much credit also goes to the OL for allowing Andy time to set up and throw so well.

Last edited:

calicowboy54

Reaction score
-Thought new look OL played very well, run game was excellent, but I wonder how good Minnesota D is.
-Dalton seemed to get the ball out quicker.
-CeeDee was a beast yesterday, perhaps he was reading all the clippings of Jefferson's strong play
-Wilson is on the verge of earning a starter's spot for the future. Changed the game with that hit on Cook.
-Anthony Brown had a tough match-up and really struggled. He always grabs and never locates the football.
-Saw Defensive Ends, even DLaw struggle with outside containment.
-Thought both Lve/A. Woods flashed at times, it shouldn't be a surprise D has been better with both of them.
-This was a litmus test for their run defense, they were improved, but still not good enough.

Justin Hamilton (79) had good bull rush yesterday and was instrumental in the strip sack by Wilson (37) by pushing the Center and Guard back in QB's Cousins face allowing DLAW to fly inside the tackle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where's Aldon Smith? Granted I didn't expect too much coz of the lay-off and perhaps that's catching up with him but damn, he's been a non-factor the last few games. Also, maybe it's just me he seems a bit heavy for LBer. If remember correctly he started the season around 280.

But overall, this D is night and day from a few weeks ago.
he played well pressures and run defense i saw him enough..sacks are not the only indicator. Hes the one that nearly got to Cousins to end the game mad eit throw it sooner and it sailed..some fans expecting PB lay every game..SMH..

I believe they rotated the DL even more then usual given Lawerence and Gregory had the flu and to make sure they were fresher Thursday short turnaround game..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wilson has been starting for weeks my keen observer
yes and the defesne for the last 3 games have been much improved, they went from historically bad to decent LOL

Diggs was a big loss they were turning a corner..having to rotate in Robinson was not great..

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Maybe. Let's hope he'll continue to coach this defense into improving. He's simplified the defense to help them adjust this year. Hopefully, he won't make the same mistake Rob Ryan did and make the "D" too complex for our guys to handle next year. He's ok for now, though. ;)
why do they always have to simplify the plan? are the players intellectually challenged?

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's good to get McGovern some experience in hopes he can push to become the starter next season. Erving has actually played well and wouldn't be opposed of bringing him back. Combination of him and Knight could fill that swing role. Still would like the team to draft a developmental, future starting Tackle.

It would take a lot of pressure off the draft if they were confident in Erving and/or Steele holding down the swing tackle spot. You could take a developmental guy in the 3rd or 4th round instead of using a higher pick.

Einstein

Reaction score
I thought Brown played as bad as what got Worley cut.
I though the mixing of the RB's was very good. Zeke beats them down, and Pollard has the burst to take it to the house when the D is gassed.
I thought Wilson reminded me a little of another 37 we had briefly in James Washington.
I thought the 2pt conversion was a great play design and run to perfection.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What i liked was that the team played hard.

2-7 and they were hitting like i haven't seen them hit in a very long time.

Offensive line was really solid, excellent job by the coaches has to be acknowledged.

Donovan Wilson, dude enjoy your day in the tub today you deserved it.

CeeDee was a great pick, there isn't a soft part of the field he can't find, and for a guy built like a Slim Jim he is a tough son of a gun.

I liked the Reggie Robinson sighting, to see one in the wild is a rare treat.

Where did this Ankou guy come from?

And once again the coaching. Can't say how much i've been impressed with the way they have the team playing the last two games. No give up at all.

reggie didn't play. he was sitting next to annae back in dallas as inactive. Their is another guy named robinson who saw a few snaps at cb.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It would take a lot of pressure off the draft if they were confident in Erving and/or Steele holding down the swing tackle spot. You could take a developmental guy in the 3rd or 4th round instead of using a higher pick.
You can add Brandon Knight into that mix as well. I can't envision them taking a offensive lineman except Sewell with a top 50 pick, unless a high value player falls into their laps, kind of like when they drafted McGovern.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Justin Hamilton (79) had good bull rush yesterday and was instrumental in the strip sack by Wilson (37) by pushing the Center and Guard back in QB's Cousins face allowing DLAW to fly inside the tackle.
Good catch!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I thought Brown played as bad as what got Worley cut.
I though the mixing of the RB's was very good. Zeke beats them down, and Pollard has the burst to take it to the house when the D is gassed.
I thought Wilson reminded me a little of another 37 we had briefly in James Washington.
I thought the 2pt conversion was a great play design and run to perfection.

Excellent insights. I too am somewhat worried about our current corners not named Diggs. They are terrible locating the football. Brown always seems to grab even when he is in good coverage.

Special Teams also was bailed out on another call, in which the Vikings should of gotten a first down.