Game of Thrones: Season 2

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
When people criticize this show, its like the people that criticize DeMarcus Ware. They should just sit back, shut up and enjoy some of the best entertainment they'll ever lay eyes on.

RamziD

Reaction score
theogt;4582925 said:
When people criticize this show, its like the people that criticize DeMarcus Ware. They should just sit back, shut up and enjoy some of the best entertainment they'll ever lay eyes on.

I don't think anybody is not entertained by the show. I think it's the best TV I've watched in a long time. I think a lot of people here have read all the books and are just bringing up some differences for discussion.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
theogt;4582925 said:

Completely agreed. Some of the complaints are absolutely ridiculous, and I'm someone who has read the books. I'm really not bothered at all by the changes. The finale was epic...DAT LAST SCENE!!!

a_minimalist

Reaction score
RamziD;4582936 said:
I don't think anybody is not entertained by the show. I think it's the best TV I've watched in a long time. I think a lot of people here have read all the books and are just bringing up some differences for discussion.

That's not okay. According to him you're dumb if you compare a re-worked piece of art to the original.

With that being said, I thought the last episode was really good. I hated the one before it, and think they are butchering the story that happens beyond the wall. Other than that, it's been good.

The first season still beats this season, IMO.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think the series will end with Jon Snow being proclaimed king. With the ultimate threat of the series seeming to be what lies beyond the wall I believe they will head in the direction that Jon Snow ill be in a position to be a compromise leader, one that would appease those beyond the north as well as those in the south. With quite a bit of symbolization in the last episode of the season they hinted that Daenerys Targaryen sole motivation is not to regain the iron throne, so if it came down to a war vs the creatures of the north or sacrificing the throne to Jon Snow the character would conceivably surrender the throne. With all three major storylines thus far unveiled - The battle for the throne, the rise of Daenaerys and her dragons and the story beyond the wall this seems like a logical ending to wrap up all three. I also believe that Tyrion will remain a powerful character, possibly betraying Joffrey and leading to his removal from power. I would like if Joffrey were to turn against the Lannisters and begin embracing Baretheon symbols and beliefs, this would alienate the only allies he has in the Lannisters and make him an absolute loner with the crown, would create a interesting scenario. However whatever they do with Joffrey I doubt he ends season 3 with the crown still on his head, or better yet ends season 3 with his head.

I never read the books, so I have no idea if this is completely unfeasible by the point they are up to in the novels.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4583505 said:
I think the series will end with Jon Snow being proclaimed king. With the ultimate threat of the series seeming to be what lies beyond the wall I believe they will head in the direction that Jon Snow ill be in a position to be a compromise leader, one that would appease those beyond the north as well as those in the south. With quite a bit of symbolization in the last episode of the season they hinted that Daenerys Targaryen sole motivation is not to regain the iron throne, so if it came down to a war vs the creatures of the north or sacrificing the throne to Jon Snow the character would conceivably surrender the throne. With all three major storylines thus far unveiled - The battle for the throne, the rise of Daenaerys and her dragons and the story beyond the wall this seems like a logical ending to wrap up all three. I also believe that Tyrion will remain a powerful character, possibly betraying Joffrey and leading to his removal from power. I would like if Joffrey were to turn against the Lannisters and begin embracing Baretheon symbols and beliefs, this would alienate the only allies he has in the Lannisters and make him an absolute loner with the crown, would create a interesting scenario. However whatever they do with Joffrey I doubt he ends season 3 with the crown still on his head, or better yet ends season 3 with his head.

I never read the books, so I have no idea if this is completely unfeasible by the point they are up to in the novels.

Here's some advice, I'm not saying if you're right or wrong about anything, but never try and predict a George R.R. Martin story.

RamziD

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4583505 said:

Why do you say that? I saw the symbolism as Daenerys turning away from being with Khal Drogo and her son, Rhaego, in the House of the Undying so she could reclaim her dragons to go claim the throne. They were stealing gold and jewels so they could buy ships to cross the Narrow Sea.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
RamziD;4583615 said:
Why do you say that? I saw the symbolism as Daenerys turning away from being with Khal Drogo and her son, Rhaego, in the House of the Undying so she could reclaim her dragons to go claim the throne. They were stealing gold and jewels so they could buy ships to cross the Narrow Sea.

That is exactly what I saw, they tempted her with Drogo and her son and the Iron Throne to keep her in the House of the Undying but she shunned them to rescue her dragons.

RamziD

Reaction score
Question to those who have read the books: Does the Kingdom of Dorne ever become a major part of the series? They talk about the Dornish being independent for the most part and previous allies of House Targaryen, but nothing else so far is mentioned about them. It seems that such a large part of Westeros would have some role to play before the end. Just curious...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4583600 said:
Here's some advice, I'm not saying if you're right or wrong about anything, but never try and predict a George R.R. Martin story.

:hammer:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RamziD;4584137 said:
Question to those who have read the books: Does the Kingdom of Dorne ever become a major part of the series?

Yes. :starspin

RamziD

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4584146 said:
Yes. :starspin
Sweet, thanks. I can't wait to get through the books. I figured Dorne would be a player in this sooner or later.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
RamziD;4584151 said:
Sweet, thanks. I can't wait to get through the books. I figured Dorne would be a player in this sooner or later.

They start playing an important role in book 3, but depending on how the show handles it (with them splitting it into 2 seasons) they may not really show up until season 4.