Game of Thrones: Season 2

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4577976 said:
I thought about the chain too. Though, I do not remember Stannis being on the battlements during the battle.

That said, I also have to admit that I don't think Stephen Dillane makes a good Stannis Baratheon. First off, he is too thin and doesn't seem all that imposing or scary for that matter. I think they could have made a better choice. One of the few poorly casted characters IMO, though I must admit. I'm not sure who I would choose either.

When they flashed to Stannis on the wall I wasn't even sure it was him right away. The guy looked too ordinary and the hold me back bit was weak. I have enjoyed the entire series up to this episode.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
People who didn't like Blackwater need to have Electro Shock Therapy. Seriously....

Temo

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4578105 said:
I don't know if you have read book 3, but if you have they do describe Stannis as skinny having lost a lot of weight. But, that indicates he wasn't skinny to begin with.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Well that and Stannis is described as being the opposite of Robert in every way, and I took that to mean in girth as well, so I always pictured him almost exactly as he is portrayed in the show.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4578105 said:
Neither do I and that was my first criticism when I first saw him. I thought he would be a big guy, almost like Eddard.

I don't know if you have read book 3, but if you have they do describe Stannis as skinny having lost a lot of weight. But, that indicates he wasn't skinny to begin with.

I have, I'm about half way through book five. I've been having trouble finding time to read it though. When I do have time to read, I've been playing Diablo 3 instead. :laugh2:

Though I guess it's not bad that I'm stretching it out. It will be a long time before book six comes out and the waiting sucks. :bang2: :laugh2:

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Temo;4578887 said:
Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Well that and Stannis is described as being the opposite of Robert in every way, and I took that to mean in girth as well, so I always pictured him almost exactly as he is portrayed in the show.

Yea a couple of people I know have said they thought he was cast fine. I always pictured him as a muscular guy, something between Renly and Robert.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4578898 said:
I have, I'm about half way through book five. I've been having trouble finding time to read it though. When I do have time to read, I've been playing Diablo 3 instead. :laugh2:

Though I guess it's not bad that I'm stretching it out. It will be a long time before book six comes out and the waiting sucks. :bang2: :laugh2:

I'm doing the same thing with book 4. I spread it out and read a couple of chapters here and there. The biggest problem is remembering where I left off.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4579088 said:
I'm doing the same thing with book 4. I spread it out and read a couple of chapters here and there. The biggest problem is remembering where I left off.

Kindle bookmark! :D

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4579197 said:
Kindle bookmark! :D

No kindle. I own too many books that I haven't read yet to even think about buying a kindle.

I did a bad job of communicating what I meant before. I meant at times I forget the previous storyline and have to skim what came before where I left off.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Season finale coming up! Seems like the season just started too.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
How did Stannis get away? He was surrounded.

Is the white walker on the horse Mance Rayder?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm extremely disappointed in Tyion's face. It's WAY WAY WAY too pretty!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4582312 said:
How did Stannis get away? He was surrounded.

Is the white walker on the horse Mance Rayder?

Mance Rayder is a human wildling (ex Night's Watch), nothing to do with the white walkers.

Kind of disappointed with this episode. Missing the best part of the house of the undying, didn't really care for the handling of jon, I'm not sure why Winterfell was burned if all the Iron Born left, and the White Walker stuff from book 3 looked...not that frightening.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4582329 said:
Mance Rayder is a human wildling (ex Night's Watch), nothing to do with the white walkers.

Kind of disappointed with this episode. Missing the best part of the house of the undying, didn't really care for the handling of jon, I'm not sure why Winterfell was burned if all the Iron Born left, and the White Walker stuff from book 3 looked...not that frightening.

It was burnt I believe because they couldn't man it and they didn't want anyone else taking up residence of a fully functional Winterfell. Obviously, the show didn't show / tell what actually happen.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
So is Tyrion basically done as a major character? If so that will suck. He's the best character on the show.

Chinfu

Reaction score
No Tyrion is not finished as a main character but is as the hand of the king and his power in politics of the realm is severely weakened.

I thought the episode was good with moving plots ahead but I was extremely disappointed with the house of the undying. I was ready to see Rhaegar and the interpretation of the blue rose at the wall, not to mention the major event of next season...

I think overall they are doing a great job with the show and here's to another fantastic season. Next 9 1/2 month is going to suck.

RamziD

Reaction score
I thought in the book that Daenerys gets held in the House of the Undying longer and that they are supposed to reveal to her what will happen in the future. That part of the episode seemed to be lacking a little meat on the bones.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Tyrion still has a nose damnit! Tyrion is not supposed to have a nose anymore! :yousuck: