Game of Thrones: Season 2

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was wondering how they were going to handle the "nose". From what I saw in the last episode, it looks like they are just not going to go that far with it.

Zordon;4576331 said:
Last night's episode was one of the finest hours of television I've ever witnessed. The exposion was epic, Stannis leading his men was epic, Joffrey deserting his men was pathetic, Cersei and Sansa's interactions was amazing, and Tyrion...better not be dead.

Welcome to the wonderful world of George R. R. Martin. He will kill off great characters on a whim. ....or just to piss you off! :lmao2:

https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-Ze0UtZbKpUg/T8Tb_S64EDI/AAAAAAAACUw/33NcFiXvRGA/s750/grrm.jpg
3ovhbz.jpg

3550103_700b.jpg

tumblr_lp6nnazokR1qzybyco1_500.jpg

:laugh2:

RamziD

Reaction score
Zordon;4576331 said:
Awesome.

Last night's episode was one of the finest hours of television I've ever witnessed. The exposion was epic, Stannis leading his men was epic, Joffrey deserting his men was pathetic, Cersei and Sansa's interactions was amazing, and Tyrion...better not be dead.

Yeah, it was a great episode. I loved how Sansa stood up to Joffrey in her own way, and the hound telling them all to "screw off". Good battle scene, too.

RamziD

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4575762 said:
Oh you poor poor fool. The wait in between each week is bad? The year wait in between seasons?
You will read the books. THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUE HORROR OF WAITING! As you wait 3+ years for the next book, and I'm being generous with the 3 year assumption!

:laugh2:

I can imagine how difficult that would have been had you started reading the books back when the original came out in 1996.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Next week's season finally will be extended by 10 minutes.

Good ****! :laugh2:

=========================================

Game Of Thrones season 2 to get extended final episode

Game Of Thrones season 2 might be ending. But Valar Morghulis will at least be a little longer...

It feels like we were waiting so long for Game Of Thrones season two, and yet next week, it all comes to an end. Then, we'll have to start the long wait for season three. It's going to make it feel like a very long year. Bah.

Still, HBO is serving up an extra treat for the final episode of season two, Valar Morghulis. It's been announced that the episode is to be an extended one, running to an extra ten minutes so as to be able to squeeze everything in. Truthfully, we could have happily taken an extra hour, but we'll take anything we can get.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority because I thought the last episode was horrible. It seemed like a high school play. During the fight scenes you could see people in the background nowhere doing an awful job of fighting each other, I mean punches were thrown and were nowhere near the recipients face, it seemed rushed. I know there is a budget but it deserves more. I hope they make the story into movies some day.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4577019 said:
I guess I'm in the minority because I thought the last episode was horrible. It seemed like a high school play. During the fight scenes you could see people in the background nowhere doing an awful job of fighting each other, I mean punches were thrown and were nowhere near the recipients face, it seemed rushed. I know there is a budget but it deserves more. I hope they make the story into movies some day.

I hated the episode as well. They skipped most of the fighting up to this point and when they finally did a fight scene it was terrible. The Sansa/Cersei scenes felt forced as well, it flowed much better in the book. Tyrion's Braveheart speech was also lame.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Cythim;4577041 said:
I hated the episode as well. They skipped most of the fighting up to this point and when they finally did a fight scene it was terrible. The Sansa/Cersei scenes felt forced as well, it flowed much better in the book. Tyrion's Braveheart speech was also lame.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4577219 said:
You're complaining about extras? :lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao:

I could complain about a lot more, but I chose that as the most obvious. Is complaining about extras not allowed?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4577246 said:
I could complain about a lot more, but I chose that as the most obvious. Is complaining about extras not allowed?

Complaining about an extra is like complaining about a single key on a keyboard having the character rubbed off. Point being, you are WAY to freaking worried about irrelevant **** when you should be paying attention to the primary characters of the show.

They are background noise. That's it! They aren't meant for you to focus on, they are meant to be there so the main characters aren't standing alone on the battlements. (which he isn't supposed to be!) .0000000001% of the people who play these type parts will ever play a character as lowly as the lowest named character in this entire show. ..yet, you are concerned about them ruining the show?!?!?!?!?

You are concerned about the wrong part of the show. I promise you, if you had actually read the book, the extras would not have ruined it for you! :laugh2:

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4577322 said:
Complaining about an extra is like complaining about a single key on a keyboard having the character rubbed off. Point being, you are WAY to freaking worried about irrelevant **** when you should be paying attention to the primary characters of the show.

They are background noise. That's it! They aren't meant for you to focus on, they are meant to be there so the main characters aren't standing alone on the battlements. (which he isn't supposed to be!) .0000000001% of the people who play these type parts will ever play a character as lowly as the lowest named character in this entire show. ..yet, you are concerned about them ruining the show?!?!?!?!?

You are concerned about the wrong part of the show. I promise you, if you had actually read the book, the extras would not have ruined it for you! :laugh2:

Lol I am being hypercritical there's no doubt about that. But, a lot of scenes were extras. Most of the time during editing they cut bad scenes out. They should have done that a couple of times this episode. The battle scenes were weak and unbelievable. The limbs being cut off looked like something out of a 70's horror flick.

I read the book.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I can somewhat agree I suppose, but I more felt it due to lack of budget than anything else. Everything was of such a smaller scale compared to the books that it really came off as somewhat cheap looking in places. The GREEN NUKE OF DOOM was awesome though, as were all storyline aspects. Brilliant acting across the board.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4577880 said:
I can somewhat agree I suppose, but I more felt it due to lack of budget than anything else. Everything was of such a smaller scale compared to the books that it really came off as somewhat cheap looking in places.

That's true. The battle was much much much larger in the books. The battle portrayed was extremely small.

Teren_Kanan;4577880 said:
The GREEN NUKE OF DOOM was awesome though, as were all storyline aspects. Brilliant acting across the board.

Yeah, the blast was awesome looking, but it still didn't reflect the entire sequence. In the book, the water itself was burning. (anyone under water couldn't surface, or they would be burnt) Not just stuff in the water, and on a much larger scale. Of course, the only way they could have scaled like that would have been computer animation. That would have taken a hefty budget and a lot of time just for a single episode.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen anything even close to comparable to the battle on television before. It's amazing what they were able to do with a TV budget.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4577909 said:
That's true. The battle was much much much larger in the books. The battle portrayed was extremely small.

Yeah, the blast was awesome looking, but it still didn't reflect the entire sequence. In the book, the water itself was burning. (anyone under water couldn't surface, or they would be burnt) Not just stuff in the water, and on a much larger scale. Of course, the only way they could have scaled like that would have been computer animation. That would have taken a hefty budget and a lot of time just for a single episode.

I kept waiting for the Chain.

I was thinking...any second now the chain will pop up.

Oh well.:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4577923 said:
I kept waiting for the Chain.

I was thinking...any second now the chain will pop up.

Oh well.:laugh2:

I thought about the chain too. Though, I do not remember Stannis being on the battlements during the battle.

That said, I also have to admit that I don't think Stephen Dillane makes a good Stannis Baratheon. First off, he is too thin and doesn't seem all that imposing or scary for that matter. I think they could have made a better choice. One of the few poorly casted characters IMO, though I must admit. I'm not sure who I would choose either.

Temo

Reaction score
Wasn't Stannis described in the book as a thin, austere man?

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4577987 said:
If he was, I don't recall that.

Neither do I and that was my first criticism when I first saw him. I thought he would be a big guy, almost like Eddard.

I don't know if you have read book 3, but if you have they do describe Stannis as skinny having lost a lot of weight. But, that indicates he wasn't skinny to begin with.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4577976 said:
I thought about the chain too. Though, I do not remember Stannis being on the battlements during the battle.

That said, I also have to admit that I don't think Stephen Dillane makes a good Stannis Baratheon. First off, he is too thin and doesn't seem all that imposing or scary for that matter. I think they could have made a better choice. One of the few poorly casted characters IMO, though I must admit. I'm not sure who I would choose either.

I didn't like Stephen as Stannis at first either, but he as absolutely won me over through the course of the season. I can't really picture anybody else playing him as well. And he was a ****ing BOSS in Blackwater...total bad ***.