Game of Thrones Season 3

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5098399 said:
I thought for the most part the episode was solid, but weak for a finale, and it started out really strong and for the most part got weaker as it went along. The Mysha scene was pretty cheesy, and not really anything to care that much about, certainly not anything to end a season on. I would have preferred Arya's moment as the final moment a lot more. Ending on Mysha just ended everything on such a weak note. Absolutely terrific season otherwise.

I agree with everything you said.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dez_for_prez;5098462 said:
What was the scene?

There was a scene where the Red Woman/Witch handed the leeches from Gendry to Stannis and stannis threw them in the fire. He said three things while doing so.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I finally finished the final episode and like most here I thought the season finale ended on a rather blah scene.

I do have a question about the Red Wedding. When the music changed right before the killing, what was the significance of the song? It definately got the attention of the Stark mother and folks have mentioned in to posts. But is it some specific song or was it just different from what the band was playing right before that?

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
NorthTexan95;5100631 said:
I finally finished the final episode and like most here I thought the season finale ended on a rather blah scene.

I do have a question about the Red Wedding. When the music changed right before the killing, what was the significance of the song? It definately got the attention of the Stark mother and folks have mentioned in to posts. But is it some specific song or was it just different from what the band was playing right before that?

That song was the Rains of Castamere. The "Lannister" song. Written about the story Cersei explained in the previous episode when Tywin "Slaughtered" a Lord and his entire family line when he rose in rebellion.

It was sang by Bronn (Tyrion's sellsword) in episode 8 of Season 2 "Blackwater" when he was drinking with the Lannisters. It was also the ending song of the same episode, done by The National.

Has been played a few times this season.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5100639 said:
That song was the Rains of Castamere. The "Lannister" song. Written about the story Cersei explained in the previous episode when Tywin "Slaughtered" a Lord and his entire family line when he rose in rebellion.

It was sang by Bronn (Tyrion's sellsword) in episode 8 of Season 2 "Blackwater" when he was drinking with the Lannisters. It was also the ending song of the same episode, done by The National.

Tyrion whistles it a few times in Season 1 as well.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5100639 said:

The Ominous;5100680 said:
Tyrion whistles it a few times in Season 1 as well.

Thanks guys.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Idgit;5101193 said:
Just came across this weird tie-in between GoT and the NFL: a reference to the Giants v. Patriots Superbowl a few years back...

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=446296

There is also a scene in the 5th book where a man gets smashed by a literal Giant named "wun wun" (11 Phill Simms). The man being smashed heraldry is Blue star on Grey, and named after one of George RR Martin's friends, who is a die hard Cowboys Fan =p

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NorthTexan95;5094106[B said:
]I haven't read the books but this series is more fun if you root for the Lannisters[/B]. The Lannisters seem to be the only familty with the military and political skills necessary to win. Tyrion, Tywin, and Jamie all have their vices but excel at what they do.

The other possible side to root for would be Daenerys who is quickly showing she may have the ability to stand up to the Lannisters.

While the Starks were the noble choice to root for they quickly showed they are completely out matched by the Lannisters and seem to have come to an end.

So my advise is to root for the Lannisters or Daenerys. It's like watching Jaws and rooting for the shark - you'll be less disappointed.

Screw that!

Khaleesie is going to drop dragon dung on that family.

I saw the red wedding last night. Didn't see that coming. Unbelievable and sad. I really wanted to see Rob get his revenge.

This show still has another 3 or 4 years left. I can't wait this long between seasons.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5101200 said:
There is also a scene in the 5th book where a man gets smashed by a literal Giant named "wun wun" (11 Phill Simms). The man being smashed heraldry is Blue star on Grey, and named after one of George RR Martin's friends, who is a die hard Cowboys Fan =p

Yeah, GRRM is a huge Giants fan and had a bet with his Cowboys fan friend, and lost the best so he had to put his friend in the book and have him killed in a cool way.

Being ripped apart by a Giant...not a bad way to go.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
CATCH17;5101240 said:
Screw that!

I saw the red wedding last night. Didn't see that coming. Unbelievable and sad. I really wanted to see Rob get his revenge.

This show still has another 3 or 4 years left. I can't wait this long between seasons.

Khaleeeeesi!!! She's smokin hot and awesome. Screw the Lannisters and that inbred Jofrey.

I also have my hope that Bran and John Snow will return the Starks to glory after saving the 7 kingdoms from the white walkers.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
CATCH17;5101240 said:
Screw that!

I predict it will have 9 full seasons. But then again, it depends how big the final 2 books are...it could go 10 seasons if they are huge (and he said the next book is the biggest one yet...)

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;5101445 said:
I predict it will have 9 full seasons. But then again, it depends how big the final 2 books are...it could go 10 seasons if they are huge (and he said the next book is the biggest one yet...)

Yah well he also said his books were going to be a Trilogy. Then 5 books. Then 7 books. So we'll how much more he has left to write =p

The show is going REALLY strong right now, it had it's highest watched episode this season. Going strong into the 4th season is generally a good sign. So many awesome things happen in season 4 that I don't see it falling any next year either. The show is just done SO well.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5101626 said:
Yah well he also said his books were going to be a Trilogy. Then 5 books. Then 7 books. So we'll how much more he has left to write =p

The show is going REALLY strong right now, it had it's highest watched episode this season. Going strong into the 4th season is generally a good sign. So many awesome things happen in season 4 that I don't see it falling any next year either. The show is just done SO well.

The chaos hasn't even unfolded yet. This show is still building up. Winter hasn't even come!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Just finished season 3.

I haven't read the books and I never spoil myself so I have no idea what's going to happen next. All I know is I better stay on my toes because this show has a very very realistic style to it where anything can happen. I have a hard time trying to figure out who to root for because I even like the so called bad guys on this show like Tywin. Sure the guy is a terrible father but you know what, he is one hell of a tactician props to him. I hate what happened to Robb Stark and his mom, but come on man how many mistakes could this guy get away with before he got killed?. I thought he was a good battle strategist but it's common sense, you do not behead the Karstark, you do not allow your mom to act on her own and not get punished, and you do not break an oath to the freaking Frey's which you need to defeat the Lannisters.

My two cents.. Love the show.