Game of Thrones Season 3

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Aggie87;5095613 said:
Please don't give out spoilers like this! Crap!

There is literally nothing about what I posted that could be taken as a spoiler.

Every character has an arch each season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5095680 said:
There is literally nothing about what I posted that could be taken as a spoiler.

Every character has an arch each season.
He took the end literally.:D

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;5095607 said:
I still pretty much hate Jon Snow in the TV show. They have changed and *******ized his character SO much.

Hope they do some serious work on his next season, or the ending of his story arch in season 4 is going to be very meh.

I too am worried how that will come off. Part of it is due to changes, but a lot of it I think is the actor...he just doesn't come across as someone who can handle things well...or someone who is all that bright.

jnday

Reaction score
speedkilz88;5095193 said:
Dude, they are following the books.

I know they are following the books. A bad attempt at humor in a thread that is very serious for some reason.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
jnday;5095760 said:
I know they are following the books. A bad attempt at humor in a thread that is very serious for some reason.

You'd be surprised how many people complained to HBO about HBO writers killing off the Starks. :laugh2:

Some still do not know it's a book series that started in the 90's.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5095735 said:
I too am worried how that will come off. Part of it is due to changes, but a lot of it I think is the actor...he just doesn't come across as someone who can handle things well...or someone who is all that bright.

Agree completely.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;5095789 said:
You'd be surprised how many people complained to HBO about HBO writers killing off the Starks. :laugh2:

Some still do not know it's a book series that started in the 90's.

That's kinda funny. I haven't read the books yet, but friends who have gave the one sentence synopsis of, "It's a really well written series, and Martin will kill anyone in it." Even knowing this, it's still been shocking. And generally well played.

I just can't figure out who in the Rob Stark camp is left to be killed in the season finale. Sad times for the north.

Section446

Reaction score
So I'm a little late joining in on this thread, but that last episode was the thing of legends. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their production meetings.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
jnday;5095190 said:
Did I miss the scene where HBO decided to cut cost by killing off half of the cast? Was there really a hint that cost of production was the topic? Hell, they killed everybody including the family pet. Unemployment of little known British actors has doubled in one scene. If they kill the midget, I'm done.

George Martin, writer of this series wants fans to feel the pain and be involved emotionally that's the reason for killing off characters that fans are endeared with.

http://tv.yahoo.com/video/playlist/daytime/dint-game-thrones-author-wants-184407193.html

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Only people who have read up until the end of book 3 should click this link....

I repeat, do not click this link if you haven't read the books, it will show a picture that spoils an event for the next episode, but i thought the book fans would want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/qSY9UOy.jpg

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5095735 said:

That means he's doing a good job becuase Jon Snow knows nothing.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;5097299 said:
Only people who have read up until the end of book 3 should click this link....

I repeat, do not click this link if you haven't read the books, it will show a picture that spoils an event for the next episode, but i thought the book fans would want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/qSY9UOy.jpg

OH.. wow.. I did not think they were going to have this at all.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
junk;5097338 said:
When I read the books, I was surprised when it happened, but when I thought back about it, he never really spent the time developing that character all that deeply anyway.

Not sure which character you're talking about. If it's the one in the picture, that's not the one you were supposed to be endeared with in that scene. He's just the one you are hopeful for. The endearing character was the viewpoint for the chapter =p

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
junk;5097338 said:
When I read the books, I was surprised when it happened, but when I thought back about it, he never really spent the time developing that character all that deeply anyway.

He has said many times that he wished Robb had POV chapters. As for the picture, it makes me very sad. I didn't think they would include that in the show. People are going to be very upset. But I think the final scene of this season will blow more minds than the Red Wedding. LS is all I have to say...hehehe.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
The Ominous;5097368 said:
He has said many times that he wished Robb had POV chapters. As for the picture, it makes me very sad. I didn't think they would include that in the show. People are going to be very upset. But I think the final scene of this season will blow more minds than the Red Wedding. LS is all I have to say...hehehe.

I say they keep it for season 4's first scene. But yeah, it's between the final scene in the finale or opening scene for season 4.

arglebargle

Reaction score
For another interpretation of the theme:

[youtubehd]iyeKTMBFeyE[/youtubehd]

And here is the Skyrim/Morrowind theme:

[youtubehd]W5RB-gr9DTU[/youtubehd]

And if you go youtube hunting, they also do some covers of a bit different nature....Iron Maiden, Blue Oyster Cult.... you name it.

Thanks for that soundcloud link, was cool to hear the composer's take on it.