Game of Thrones Season 5 ***spoilers***

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also, Silicon Valley starts up the same night, got hooked on that show :)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Getting all psyched and stuff! :dance:

excited-baby.gif

anava

Reaction score
The first 4 episodes of the season leaked online. Want to watch but then I am stuck another month before the 5th. Hmmmm, what to do

AzorAhai

Reaction score
First episode was awesome just because I've missed it so much. It was about what was expected though. Figured there wouldn't be a main focus this episode, but more of a catch me up from last seasons finale. From the looks of it, this season will have some more major power shifts.

P.S. If this is going to be a thread to discuss current episodes similar to the walking dead, can we get a spoiler alert added to the description? Also I see that some future episodes have leaked, but I would think its better not to discuss those episodes until they air on hbo or at least give spoiler alerts at the beginning of your post

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
First episode was awesome just because I've missed it so much. It was about what was expected though. Figured there wouldn't be a main focus this episode, but more of a catch me up from last seasons finale. From the looks of it, this season will have some more major power shifts.

P.S. If this is going to be a thread to discuss current episodes similar to the walking dead, can we get a spoiler alert added to the description? Also I see that some future episodes have leaked, but I would think its better not to discuss those episodes until they air on hbo or at least give spoiler alerts at the beginning of your post

I agree we shouldn't discuss future episodes. And, as far as spoilers go, we can just type them in Dothraki.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Getting ready to watch the 1st episode. Going to try not to watch all four leaked episodes!

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
So I watched Episode 1 last night ... kinda boring. As someone posted above, it's probably more of a "catch up" episode.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I watched Episode 1 last night ... kinda boring. As someone posted above, it's probably more of a "catch up" episode.

Catch up...or a Set Up. (cue ominous music).

Without giving away anything...there was stuff in there that starts the ball rolling of what is going to happen.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Okay, well I guess I'll get into talking about the most recent episode (the premiere). I haven't read the books so let's keep it strictly to the show. My girlfriend has read the first 3 books and seen all the episodes but she said books 4 and 5 start to diverge greatly from the show.

Anyway, here are some of my observations so far...

SPOILERS *************************************************************

We saw at the end of season 4 that Stannis went to the Iron Bank of Bravoos to get a loan. This is the same bank that kept the capital afloat by handing out huge loans (reminds me of China and the US). They didn't want to give it to Stannis at first but Stannis' man (the smuggler, I forget his name) make a convincing argument that once Tywin Lannister dies (he was 68), who will people follow? (Well, we saw that Tywin died shortly after that. I'm interested in seeing what happens in King's Landing now. I don't think Tommen is strong enough to rule.) Anyway, so Stannis got the loan and sailed to North of the Wall and captured the Wildlings. It seems like his goal is to get the Wildlings to fight on his side so that he can take the North from Bolton and most likely get Bolton's men to fight on his side too. I think Stannis is trying to build a big enough army to take over King's Landing.

Then we have the Mother of Dragons. She declined sailing to King's Landing last season because she wanted to rule east of the sea for a while. My theory is that she wants to prove herself. She's using all these places as practice and to establish a reputation for herself. She's young and unproven, but if she can show that she was powerful enough to take over the east but merciful enough to be a good queen, people will want to follow her when she marches on King's Landing. That's my theory. My girlfriend's theory is that she needs to wait for her dragons to grow. Speaking of dragons, she chained them up because the people were complaining that the dragons were killing innocent people, but then she was convinced to set them free again because "a queen of dragons with no dragons is no queen at all." Well, seems like the plan backfired because the dragons are more aggressive toward her now. Also, seems like she's having more trouble than she anticipated being queen of the east. The slaves that she freed want to go back to being slaves, and the slavers that she stripped of power are killing all her men. I hope we don't have to wait a few more seasons to see her finally arrive in King's Landing. Her storyline has been very slow paced for 4+ seasons.

Those are my main observations so far. Seems like Daenarys will not be going to the Seven Kingdoms any time soon. It also seems like the Lannisters are getting depleted. I'm guessing that Stannis will make his move to take over the Seven Kingdoms soon. We haven't heard much from the Greyjoys lately. Or the Freys. The Bolton storyline is kind of boring to me.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Catch up...or a Set Up. (cue ominous music).

Without giving away anything...there was stuff in there that starts the ball rolling of what is going to happen.

Well I guess no reason for this thread then.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I guess no reason for this thread then.

It's common sense if you just pay attention.

Something to watch for at the beginning of these shows. If you see them go a do a recap of what has happened before and they go all the way back to season one to bring up a character or plot line...chances are that is going to be something in the current show that will also have something to do with future shows.

In this episode we see the Lannister Cousin. He was the one in the first season that was giving Robert Baratheon his wine when he was hunting. He is the one in later seasons that was sleeping with Cersi and who Tyrion was blackmailing for information. They recapped some of that as the show was starting.

Now low and behold he shows up in what we might consider a Monks outfit and tells Cersi he remembers all of what has happened and how he has or must atone for it now that he is one with the seven gods.

That tells you...hey, something is happening now and in the future. He has very important info that Cersi knows about that could be very harmful to her.

Like I said...common sense type stuff to keep an eye out for.

Look at the recaps and if they recap or bring up something that seems to come from way back or seems really trivial...chances are it is not trivial and will have make for a plot point going forward.

Here is another one. If you paid attention to the scene with the young Cersi Lannister going and visiting the witch.
The witch says she needs blood to tell the Cersi's future...She says she can answer THREE questions for Cersi.

Cersi asks two questions

Will she marry the prince, she says no she will marry a King hence she will be a queen until another younger one comes along.

How many children will she have...she says the king will have 20 while she has 3

However they do not show the third question. There is a third question in the book...I can only guess they are waiting for that in the future episodes.

Point is...paying attention to the episodes will give you a clue of what could happen.

====

A season or two back I talked about the Red Witch giving a clue of what will happen when she took the leeches off of Baratheon's ******* son Gendry and throwing them into the fire...it was a clue to what was going to happen. Two of the three things have happened from that ...Rob Stark is dead, Jeffrey Baratheon/lannister is dead....there is still one more person from that list that is alive.