Game of Thrones Season 6

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Something I did not notice until last night.

The guy who plays Edmure Tully, nephew of the black fish...also plays the main bad guy in the showtime series Outlander...he plays a real bad guy in that show.

I had almost forgot about Tully as the last time we saw him was way back during the red wedding.

I flicked by that show ok on tv and saw him, recognised him from GOT, 20 seconds later guess what happened?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Something I did not notice until last night.

The guy who plays Edmure Tully, nephew of the black fish...also plays the main bad guy in the showtime series Outlander...he plays a real bad guy in that show.

I had almost forgot about Tully as the last time we saw him was way back during the red wedding.

he was also Brutus on the HBO show "Rome" from back in the day (I think it was on around the same time as Deadwood)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he was also Brutus on the HBO show "Rome" from back in the day (I think it was on around the same time as Deadwood)

Yes that's right...forgot about that.

And yes Rome and Deadwood were on at the same time and got cut short about the same time. At least with rome they gave them a final part of a season to try and wrap things up but it was so bad because of the way they did it.

Was telling someone else today that again I heard the rumor about them possibly making a Deadwood movie...but you hear these rumors about once a year and nothing has happened yet.

Loved deadwood.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The rest of this season is probably going to be a crazy ride.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-DbB6_RLzRD0/V0XMfZuKGDI/AAAAAAABF8I/8HBqpAtPg1scHdwWtH7pBKBwhqvbCDkIQ/w346-h194/Get%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bboat%2521.gif

yea...hope they don't leave us with a cliff hanger ending again this year. I mean, yea, most people knew Jon wasn't going to stay dead, and the bigger question was, how he would return. I just hope the season doesn't end, half way through a siege at Winterfell

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When I saw the episode title Broken Man I thought it could be anyone but hoped it would be the Hound.....I have been hearing a lot of theories about his return....

Other Broken Men are Jamie, Theon, Jon, Bran, Loras or Jorah......not a good time for men on the show

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
That was incredibly disappointing. The last episode gave the impression that she knew that wasn't just something she could walk away from, yet she was caught completely unaware and was an easy target.

I don't think that was her ....... I think it was Jaqen wearing her face.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Wearing Arya's face? Wouldn't that mean she would have to be dead? Or is that what you were implying?

Im pretty sure he meant Jaquen was wearing the Waif's face.....and I dont know how it works but you dont need to be dead, in one episode Arya pulled off multiple faces off a body, Jaquens and Arya's were among them.....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The parallel between the hound's story and Arya's Stark's story was well done... even though I can say we're all disappointed by how low her guard was when she got shanked...

The hound and her must meet again... and they both believe the one true god is "death"... Arya said as much in season 3.. and it was echoed in this last episode.

We know Arya will survive this stabbing because Melisandre told her: "We will meet again"....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Doesn't feel sped up to me. Last felt like the first time something of note happened in about four storylines.

i mean literally sped up... people are embarking on towns in single episodes... the road travel has been cut down. When Tyrion went to the wall in season 1, it took many episodes... even when he went to Mareen, that was a several episode trip. The show only has 16 eps left total.. 3 more this season... 7 next, and 6 the season after (which word is the last two seasons will be shot as 1 13 episode block, than split up)... so story lines are leaner, and people have to move.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

something was off about that whole scene.....Arya was too casual with her safety........maybe she used some fake blood from her new actress friend.....we know for sure that Arya survivs though....she is plot protected like Jon, Dany, Tyrion...etc

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
i mean literally sped up... people are embarking on towns in single episodes... the road travel has been cut down. When Tyrion went to the wall in season 1, it took many episodes... even when he went to Mareen, that was a several episode trip. The show only has 16 eps left total.. 3 more this season... 7 next, and 6 the season after (which word is the last two seasons will be shot as 1 13 episode block, than split up)... so story lines are leaner, and people have to move.

I always said Littlefinger and Catlyn Stark had time machines but it took everyone else forever to get anywhere....Theon and Yara got to Volantis in a day but then talks about the long trip to Mereen....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
“In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the names of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me...... who lives and who dies?”

If power lies with the men who carry swords, why do we pretend that kings hold the power? Power is ephemeral, a shadow, power lies where we think it lies.”...

-Varys , season 2.....

Godspeed Tyrell's, Lannister, & Faith Militant....
old god's speed...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

This is the running theory. It makes quite a bit of sense too. Which then also coincidences with the theory that Waif never existed and Arya is in fact also Waif.

This theory should make a lot of people that were pissed that Arya left the Faceless much happier.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wearing Arya's face? Wouldn't that mean she would have to be dead? Or is that what you were implying?

When he took the poison last season and she started ripping face after face off the fake jaqen ...... the last face was her own.

So apparently they don't have to be dead to steal their face.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This is the running theory. It makes quite a bit of sense too. Which then also coincidences with the theory that Waif never existed and Arya is in fact also Waif.

This theory should make a lot of people that were pissed that Arya left the Faceless much happier.

Arya is going to leave the faceless, one way or another. The only point of her becoming this great warrior/killer/assassin is for her to rejoin her family and be able to help in the wars to come.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When he took the poison last season and she started ripping face after face off the fake jaqen ...... the last face was her own.

So apparently they don't have to be dead to steal their face.

What do you mean "fake Jaqen?"

You mean guy who was using the same face that Jaqen used at one point, but who is to say is is real or fake?

How about the waif who then took over use of that face (Does that person still use that face or did they go back to the waif? Did someone else take over that face, or did someone else take over the waif face? Or was Arya just seeing things and neither took on different faces - and thus also nobody had Arya's face)? None of it makes too much sense at the moment.