Game of Thrones Season 6

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Game Of Thrones Season 7 Likely Delayed Because Winter Isn't Coming

Season six of HBO's Game of Thrones just concluded at the end of June, and looks like fans may have to wait longer than the expected for the commencement of season seven. Film locations in Europe just don't seem to want to follow the motto of House Stark and allow winter to come.

In a UFC Unfiltered podcast, show runners David Benioff and Dan Weiss stated, "We don’t have an air date yet, but this year will likely be a bit later. We’re starting a bit later because, you know, the end of this season, winter is here, and that means sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes anymore..."

The beginning of each season of Game of Thrones usually releases in April, however their European filming locations including Ireland, Scotland, and other countries are not yet cold enough to display the necessary winter scenery. At the beginning of the series, Westeros had been experiencing a nine-year long summer. However, now an equally as long winter is said to follow, which will make even typically warm areas cold and snowy. Waiting until our own world reflects the colder one of Westeros is pushing the start of season seven back an indeterminable amount of time.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

First time I've ever been inconvenienced by the Scottish weather being too good!

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
In the show Jon says Robb was better than him at everything. Granted that was before Jon got all that experience.

Grey Wind would mop the floor with Ghost is that even debatable? He's the largest and strongest dire wolf of them all.

I think Robb can hold Jon off long enough for Grey Wind to help out.

Perhaps in the show, true.

In the books Jon was always better at Robb with swords. Robb was better Horse/Lance.
Jon is an absolute beast swordsman in the books though.

As for Grey Wind vs Ghost. Again in the books, at the only point they are ever compared size wise, Ghost is larger. The only time their sizes are mentioned that I can remember, are Ned thinking Lady is the smallest, and Jon thinks something similiar to ghost being "already larger than his pack mates". Ghost was the first Direwolf pup to open his eyes as well.

Ghost hasn't been in nearly as many battles as Greywind though.

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm going to leave this right here. Hopefully it will start another GoT argument. :muttley:

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-n8k5iPZte_c/V4VF7qNvuwI/AAAAAAAAUEk/4bPAgK2czHE2eQK-Eon4fymZn7tqc62aQ/w426-h567/042fd1ca-dcba-48e7-894a-97f1aa16040c