Game of Thrones Season 6

AzorAhai

Reaction score
300 years is supposed to been the timeline of the last dragon.

It's around 150 years of "extinction". 300 years is when Aegon I and his sisters/wives conquered Westeros riding the last 3 in the world at that time.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
When someone takes the Throne by force all old claims disappear.....just like Daenerys' claim is only valid to her....the Targaryens were defeated and removed....

True, but he's still alive for a reason. He *may* become the lord of the stormlands, but definitely no claim to the iron throne.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
True, but he's still alive for a reason. He *may* become the lord of the stormlands, but definitely no claim to the iron throne.

Why not? He is the sole real son and therefore true heir of King Robert. He had more claim than Joffrey or Tommen actually had. They actually had no true claim to the throne.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Why not? He is the sole real son and therefore true heir of King Robert. He had more claim than Joffrey or Tommen actually had. They actually had no true claim to the throne.

because no one cares enough about the Baratheon name to do anything about it, what houses will support the ******* of a long dead king? Would the remnants of house Baratheon even care? If Cersei found him, she'd kill him. If Daenerys found him after taking the 7 kingdoms, she'd likely allow him to live as long as he renounced any claim to the iron throne.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score

but wouldnt he still be considered a Bastage?, Robert or some other Lord would of had to legitimize him or whatever they call it......

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
because no one cares enough about the Baratheon name to do anything about it, what houses will support the ******* of a long dead king? Would the remnants of house Baratheon even care? If Cersei found him, she'd kill him. If Daenerys found him after taking the 7 kingdoms, she'd likely allow him to live as long as he renounced any claim to the iron throne.

But Cersei took the Throne as a Lannister not a Baratheon.....it would follow her lineage now......doubtful she has time to have children but they would be first in line.....all Baratheon and Targaryen claims are null and void....

Just like Winterfell....the Boltons had Winterfell and were Wardens of the North.......but Jon won the castle back by force and the people named him King in the North, not Bran or Sansa....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
But Cersei took the Throne as a Lannister not a Baratheon.....it would follow her lineage now......doubtful she has time to have children but they would be first in line.....all Baratheon and Targaryen claims are null and void....

Just like Winterfell....the Boltons had Winterfell and were Wardens of the North.......but Jon won the castle back by force and the people named him King in the North, not Bran or Sansa....

Not true. As long as a true blood heir lives, that person has the claim to the throne. (whether they can take it is a different story) This is why, Daenerys, (and now) Jon, and Gentry all have a claim to the throne. This is exactly why Robert Baratheon wanted Daenerys and Viserys killed. They still had a claim to his throne. (he even said as much) It is exactly why Ned Stark lied about Jon's true identity. He didn't want King Robert to kill his sister's son.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not true. As long as a true blood heir lives, that person has the claim to the throne. (whether they can take it is a different story) This is why, Daenerys, (and now) Jon, and Gentry all have a claim to the throne. This is exactly why Robert Baratheon wanted Daenerys and Viserys killed. They still had a claim to his throne. (he even said as much) It is exactly why Ned Stark lied about Jon's true identity. He didn't want King Robert to kill his sister's son.

I didn't mean by rule per se, just that when taken by the sword (or fire) that those lines are ignored......Kings will often kill off anyone with a claim to prevent them from ever even thinking of becoming a threat....

Renly used his bigger army as the reason he should be King over his older brother Stannis.....Stannis used Robert's rebellion as the key behind his claim over Daenerys.....the Baratheon line only existed because Jaime killed the Mad King and Ned Stark and Tywin Lannister didn't claim it for themselves....

Power resides in those who control the army and who the people rally around

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I theory, if all the Baretheon's weren't dead, they would have inherited the throne. Had renly never rebelled, and was fine with rulling the stormlands, he'd have a stronger claim than Cersei. And while I have no doubt she'd oppose him, she'd lose, because every noble house in Westeros would support him...until Daenerys comes.

jnday

Reaction score
It's around 150 years of "extinction". 300 years is when Aegon I and his sisters/wives conquered Westeros riding the last 3 in the world at that time.

I am just going off of what Tyrion said when he was unchaining the dragons. IIRC

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So me my aunt were talking GOT at a BBQ yesterday and she mentioned the possibility of Tyrion having Targaryan blood as well. Reason being the dragons didnt attack him

Any validity to this?