*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Winterfell was the key

The Night King was most likely a Stark and Winterfell had the Weirwood Trees, the power of the Children of the Forest

The Night King wanted revenge against all those that turned him and those were, the Starks(the First Men), the Children of the Forest(the Old Gods and 3 Eyed Raven) and the Crows that manned the Wall

He was mocking their Gods with those symbols and arrangements of the dead bodies..... the Night King had to kill Bran( Stark lord and 3 eyed Raven) against the Weirwood tree and once he marked him he was able to track him to the exact spot

But Bran also knew this and set a trap .... that is why he needed Jon and Arya to have the knowledge and correct weapons to stop him when he finally did come for him

The Night King also had to "swing the sword himself" like Ned said in the very first episode.... that is why he had to kill Bran himself and not have a General do it...... "look him in the eye and hear his last words"...... that was the code of the North and the Starks...... it is why he paused and it allowed Arya to get the jump on him.... literally

I don't think Winterfell was key in a sense of revenge, the NK wants revenge against every living thing. Winterfell was just another obstacle to overcome to bring Winter to the whole world, they can't advance and spread until they actually conquer the land. Winterfell was only key because that's where Bran was, Bran is the only person that can stop NK and Winter. With Bran's ability to "see", he can manipulate the events, no matter how seemingly subtle. I think the real reason the NK had to "swing the sword himself" wasn't because of the code of the North, but because by doing so he could gain that ability or somehow see what's to come and make the right decisions going forward. He had to pause and look at Bran "in the eye" to be able to "watch" the future and that's not an ability his generals possess. Killing Bran himself would ensure victory, because he could watch the future and make changes that, otherwise, would have ended in their defeat.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I did not say I hated it. I just did not care for the blurriness and I was hoping to see the Azor Ahai prophecy fulfilled. Some people may feel the blurriness added to the effect for which I disagree and after all of the buildup to this I thought we would see the prophecy fulfilled. Perhaps the prophecy is yet to be fulfilled and we will see it later with the Cersei battle?? I still love the show overall and patiently await the next three episodes.
:thumbup:
Cersei certainly could be the great darkness, but what if the great darkness is really Dany? Dany seems like she's done good, freeing slaves, helping fight the undead, and such but maybe it's just because it aligns with her desire for power, she's the one that has been traveling around conquering land and making people "bend a knee". We've seen how she handles people that don't bend a knee and she gets snappy when people don't address or respond to her properly. Now with Jorah dead, she doesn't have him to appeal to her more benevolent nature, when she gets in mood either. Add the fact that Jon is rightly the next in line to the throne, she could snap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cersei certainly could be the great darkness, but what if the great darkness is really Dany? Dany seems like she's done good, freeing slaves, helping fight the undead, and such but maybe it's just because it aligns with her desire for power, she's the one that has been traveling around conquering land and making people "bend a knee". We've seen how she handles people that don't bend a knee and she gets snappy when people don't address or respond to her properly. Now with Jorah dead, she doesn't have him to appeal to her more benevolent nature, when she gets in mood either. Add the fact that Jon is rightly the next in line to the throne, she could snap.
True, and as with the story of an Antichrist, her words are seductive, and the people follow her willingly.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
True, and as with the story of an Antichrist, her words are seductive, and the people follow her willingly.

Yep. We've seen what happens when you aren't willing to follow her. She tried charming and making a connection with Sansa, but we saw her reaction when Sansa wasn't buying what Dany was selling.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cersei certainly could be the great darkness, but what if the great darkness is really Dany?
TU28oNH.gif

visionary

Reaction score
Arya is going to kill the undead Dragon and probably the night king himself with this doodad.

This certainly looks like a spear of sort that comes apart. Arya trained with spears with the Faceless Men, yet we've never seen her use one. Also, Arya loved the Dornish and their warriors and they were known to fight with spears. Arya named her wolf Nymeria which was named of Nymeria of Dorne, the warrior-queen of the Rhoynar who lived a thousand years ago.

Finally, the night king killed the first dragon with a spear...

TbDdyR.jpg

Arya will sit upon the iron throne when all is said and done! HA-HA @DallasEast

You are too late buddy
I already said this weeks ago in the other GOT thread :muttley:

visionary

Reaction score

I've always thought that both Dany and John Snow will die and Area wills UT in the Iron Throne.

How this happens is unclear
I'm thinking Dany kills John Snow and Arya or Sansa kill Dany

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I've always thought that both Dany and John Snow will die and Area wills UT in the Iron Throne.

How this happens is unclear
I'm thinking Dany kills John Snow and Arya or Sansa kill Dany
I think that they get rid of Cersei and then Sansa, Jon, Dany, Sam, Tyrion, Tormund form a government.... a power sharing set up with a President or Prime Minister instead of a King or Queen

They hinted at it in Winterfell when the 3 of them dealt with Jamie and Dany always said she wanted to break the wheel

Jon is like "Jenny from the Old Stones" and will give up the crown for love

sulu1701

Reaction score
I th
That's a little like removing a segment of film and judging the whole on that. I think this last season is going to be enjoyed best when viewed as an 8 hour movie. And part of this for me was the fact that the director of the battles has done such an impressive job, the best ever for anything not made for the theater, that I keep expecting more and for him to keep one upping himself. And he may very well be saving the best for last.

The only thing I didn't care for was the "just in the nick of time" for all the main characters. They're all teetering on death when Arya strikes the Night King, just too many of them on the edge at the exact same time. And I would have liked to have seen more of her path to the Night King, not just showing up amidst a gang of White Walkers.

But my complaints about this are few and minor, the anticipation of these episodes has been like Christmas for me and the magic of Christmas is the anticipation.
I think that Arya used one of the faces of the dead to get to the NK, there was a breeze as one of the White Walkers looked back,like he sensed something and then she appeared, jmo

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

I agree. I don't see there being another good versus evil battle scene. I think there's gonna be a lot of stuff going on in the final episodes. Cersei has the numbers so it won't be a fair fight. I expect some turmoil on the Cersei side with (theory alert) Jaime killing her. I also see turmoil on the other side with (theory alert) Jon killing Dany.

Also, regarding the White Walkers dying with 3 episodes to go, I've given it some thought and it makes sense. GoT was always about the personalities and the dead have none. A human final death scene will always be far more dramatic than a White Walker final death scene. Even with episode 3, how much "better" of a death could the Night King have had? He doesn't talk or show emotion. You get what you pay for.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I th

I think that Arya used one of the faces of the dead to get to the NK, there was a breeze as one of the White Walkers looked back,like he sensed something and then she appeared, jmo

One theory I read was Jon "opened up a pathway" for her when he jumped in front of the dragon. Apparently the dragon was guarding where the Night King was and Jon jumped out yelling "Go"

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think that they get rid of Cersei and then Sansa, Jon, Dany, Sam, Tyrion, Tormund form a government.... a power sharing set up with a President or Prime Minister instead of a King or Queen

They hinted at it in Winterfell when the 3 of them dealt with Jamie and Dany always said she wanted to break the wheel

Jon is like "Jenny from the Old Stones" and will give up the crown for love

I suggested something similar earlier in the thread, but people practically threw rocks at me.......lol. The kingdoms dissolve the Iron Throne and becomes the Iron Council with each area having an equal seat at the table. I could see Jon becoming the Chairman or such of that kind of arrangement.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I suggested something similar earlier in the thread, but people practically threw rocks at me.......lol. The kingdoms dissolve the Iron Throne and becomes the Iron Council with each area having an equal seat at the table. I could see Jon becoming the Chairman or such of that kind of arrangement.
How can the North go back to being ruled by someone in Kings Landing

It just won't work after what they just went thru and who they beat

Jon has the real claim anyways, Dany has the Dragons and Sansa has the North and the Vale(the General and her were always talking and Robin is weak) and Arya is going to kill Cersei dead...... if Dany wants to rule she has to become everything she despises and needs to use her dragons to oppress and enslave Westeros, not be a liberator

Highgarden is up for grabs, Castertly Rock, the Twins, Blackfish's castle, the Last Hearth, Dorne is in chaos or under skeleton crew units of Lannisters

North is Scotland
Way North is Scandanavia
Kings Landing is London, England
Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Twins, RiverRun, Harrenhall is England proper
Stormsend is Portugal
Iron Island is Ireland
Dorne is Spain
Dragonstone is Wales

Pentos is France
Eryie is Iceland
Bravos is Netherlands
Iron Bank is Swiss
Valaryia is Italy
Volantis is Greece

Slavers Bay is Turkey, Israel and Egypt
Qarth is India
Osha is Far East
Dorthraki is Persia/Mongolia

just my ramblings

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Of course he'd say that. CYA. He goofed because it wasn't just streaming people that had the problem.
Streamimg is where the best quality is (until disc). Live broadcast is the worst. While he is right about some people's settings, the biggest issue is the means of distribution, which there is a wide range of quality.

It was NOT an issue with how it was shot, he is correct about that.

I have seen it look good on an old cheap uncalibrated Vizio. I've seen it both good and unwatchable on the same plasma set with the same settings. I've seen it look great on a projector.