*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Or Jon and Daenerys die in rapid succession and Tyrion ends up on the throne.

Well, if tonight's episode is any indicator then Jon and Dany will both probably contract influenza and die together in the first 5 minutes of the finale.

cml750

Reaction score
This whole thing has been rushed and poorly written IMHO. It would have been infinitely better had they made season 7 ten episodes ending in the battle of Winterfell and then made season 8 ten episodes with Dany descending into madness.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ySykO1d.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ns-werent-thrilled/ar-AABhaM3?ocid=spartandhp

All that build up over a simple cameo and what did it amount to? Answer: Fried chedder cheese.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You go from the end of season 7 where Little Finger gets the ultimate comeuppance to Cersei and Jaime both passively dying in the collapse of rubble? Talk about mailing it in.

I don't think they're dead, too anti-climatic for such major characters. I think they crawl and drag their way out of the rubble and confront Dany in the throne room, or somewhere else within the keep and there's a showdown between Dany and Cersei and Arya mopping up whoever is left. I'm thinking Cersei kills Dany in a shocker and then Arya kills Cersei while she gloats, to cross the last name off her list.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May as well add to the farfetched Dany endings...

Sir Lady Brienne rides to Kings Landing, bends her knee before the queen, cradles your sword in front of her, then stabs Dany through the heart while yelling, "This is for burying my man alive, you <expletive>!"

Little kitchen food delivery spy girl poisons Dany and whispers in her dying ear, "The greater the risk, the greater the reward. Varys sends his regards."

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
looks like GoT is going to have some serious critics come out and play now that we're winding down. myself? i loved it last night.

i think the hard part to keep in mind is this only has 1 more show to go and we're done. no more GoT at all. people are going to die and who cares? there is no next season to come back for and carry on. given there were only 2 episodes left, in the next to last we had to get rid of the lannisters and setup the final confrontation with john snow, the rightful king who is fulfilling prophecy.

he was not going back on his word easily. had dany simply backed off when the bells rang john would have still not wanted to be king but dany had to become evil and what better way than trashing a castle and killing tens of thousands? what i don't understand is how they killed 1 dragon with a mathematically impossible shot but when you have clean shots they can't even wing the last dragon. also the scorpions were only on the front wall. um...check me if i'm wrong sandy... (caddyshack quote for this am!) - but why not just fly from behind and wipe them out? in any event, it just came across strange to me that a random impossible shot done twice can happen but when they aim, butkiss. :)

now - given what dany did, john wants her stopped and to pay. his righteous inner self will overcome his love for his aunt and my guess is she dies next week. the wildcard is the dragon at this point. speaking of which - how much fire CAN a dragon spit out w/o having to refill and just what does a dragon refill with?

my favorite scene was the hound. i don't guess i ever knew what happened to his brother to make him more or less 'Undead' but wow. the fighting at the end was cinematics at it's finest in my mind. the collapsed tower with them facing off and the dragon in the background - that's an epic picture right there. and again, knowing this is over no sense in keeping much of anyone around and let the hound take out his brother in a final suicide move through what's left of a wall and into the pits of dragonfire miles below.

ok - that was epic.

as for cersei and jamie - dead. they ain't crawling out from that collapse. we're literally talking of them in a basement of many MANY hundreds of TONS of rock. even if somehow they were just trapped and not killed, who's going to spend time looking for them, much less able to move 1/4th of the castle to get to them? what i thought "funny" was all the running around jamie and his fake hand had to do just to get through to the castle. seems like part comedy for a bit as he ran around waving the golden hand as if someone would care, then taking off and showing up time to time running around in another part of the castle. comedy in action.

overall we're down to the final show next week. love it or hate it, it comes to an end. i thought the fighting in this show was good, if not the best of the series but of course the highlight was burning things down.

tyrian trying to do the right thing as well as the bald mentor has to die to show the brutality of dany. strange scene but i get it. both are looking for more and since tyrian is now pretty much on death row, will be interesting to see how he flips to jons side to stop dani.

hope tyrian makes it through to the end. he's been amazing in this show.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my favorite scene was the hound. i don't guess i ever knew what happened to his brother to make him more or less 'Undead' but wow. the fighting at the end was cinematics at it's finest in my mind. the collapsed tower with them facing off and the dragon in the background - that's an epic picture right there. and again, knowing this is over no sense in keeping much of anyone around and let the hound take out his brother in a final suicide move through what's left of a wall and into the pits of dragonfire miles below.

ok - that was epic.
:hammer:
hope tyrian makes it through to the end. he's been amazing in this show.
Peter Dinklage will have played a role that will not be easily forgotten. He has been the show's core from start to finish.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I think Dany is killed next week or feels some remourse for what she has done and has the dragon light her on fire. (disclaimer-i dont know if that would kill her or not.) secondly, I think Jon decides he has had enough and goes north to be with the free people. The king and queen will be either Tyrion and Sansa or Gendry and Arya. And at the end of the next week we will all be saying, "After 8 years, are you kidding me?" which is the same thing I said after the Sopranos and Mad Men

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I see GoT is following The 100's lead and having characters completely change their personality by 100 degrees.

You still in love @DallasEast now that you're sweetheart is a Mad Queen. (she not even nor has she ever been a queen, she is just of royal birth)

I would make scrub clean my bedpan with her bare fingers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So with all the scorpions they built, they can only manage to get a couple 4-5 shots off? Really?
Dragon breath is now explosive and was toppling fortified stone structures like it was paper mache? If it was really that easy to wipe out the armada, why didn't they just do it last week?
Who was Varys writing those letters to about Jon being the rightful heir?
Does Bronn finally get a castle?
Was the pale horse, Bran in warg?
Every battle, Grey Worm wears his helmet, did he pull a Thurman Thomas?
Did Jon get clipped downstairs, like Varys, he seems to have lost his sack this season?
The Mountain was a whole heck of a lot harder to kill than the Night King and why did the Mountain look like a steroid zombie Varys?
How many times will Sansa say "I told you so"?
With the massive amount of casualties taken in Winterfell, where did all those unsullied and dothraki come from?
How the heck did Arya and the Hound, Jamie and anyone else riding horses and not sailing get to King's Landing so quick?
How long had Cersei been preggers, it's been quite awhile and not even a bump showing?
The Golden Company was pretty disappointing for professional mercenaries. Did anyone else wonder where the Golden Company commander get the Dockers khaki pants he was wearing? Is there a Gap in Kings Landing, wouldn't be a stretch since we now know that Winterfell has a Starbucks.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The show could have really benefitted from not taking the year off and not spending so much on CGI action battles. Instead they needed to use that time and money to make an additional season to fill that off year. We should be experiencing the final season now with one more entire season of build up and development that didn't focus on explosion and Walking Dead zombies.

Personally, I don't think the writers knew how to manage that having run out of book material.

cml750

Reaction score
Qyborn did something to him after he was more or less killed in the Oberyn Martel fight when he volunteered to fight for Tyrion in the trial by combat so he could get his revenge on the Mountain.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
This season is doing a straight up firebombing of character arcs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that was better than last week but not as good as the week before.

So, the Mad Queen has gone totally off the rails and worked her way up to the castle by flaming civilians in a zigzag motion when all she had to do was go straight at the castle?

These writers are really missing the guidance and direction of Martin's character development. If they were show running a series about Mother Teresa, they would have her as a stripper/serial killer by the end of it.

And Arya, has she gone from stone cold killer to little girl just hanging with the Hound? The Hound did have the best death of them all.

And are they really going to have Cersei and Jaime emerge from that rubble since we didn't really get to see them die?

And if I were Cersie, I'd ask for a refund on those mercs and also return those crossbows to Amazon for credit. Three dead center shots the previous week and this week? Nuthin'.

One thing they have successfully done is reverse that sympathy for the dragon last week with what this one did this week. Time for Drogon and Mommy to go permanent nightnight.

One thing that has changed about this for me. I was not looking forward to this series ending but now have no problem with it and it is time and they could have wrapped this up nicely in 7 seasons. Felt the same about Sons of Anarchy, one season too long. They did The Wire just right.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
These writers are really missing the guidance and direction of Martin's character development. If they were show running a series about Mother Teresa, they would have her as a stripper/serial killer by the end of it.

This is exactly where Martin's story will go, and it's something that has been built up for a very long time.