Twitter: Garrett “no advice to give” to Judge about head coaching

MikeB80

Reaction score
The actual question.

Piggybacking on what Zach just asked you, you've now spent a whole summer with Joe Judge, is there anything that surprised you about him moving up to this role as a head coach for the first time and you've been a head coach for a long time in this league yourself do you have any advice you can give him going into his first game in his first year?

Jason Garrett's Response.

"No, it's just been a great experience for me to work for Joe, Great respect for him from afar, A lot of people I know who have been around him have said great things about him and that was a big draw for me in coming to New York taking the position that have and it's been great getting to know him again going back to the Vision of the program and vision of the football team, you know understanding what that is, having conversations with him about that and what we value together as a coaching staff and a football team those are really important. I think he has done a great job outlining that for all of us and getting everybody on the same page, alignment in an organization is critical, Everybody on the same page from ownership all the way through the organization, personnel people, coaching staff, players....getting everyone on the same page. That is such a big piece to having success. So we have talked a lot about that and I have learned a lot from Joe about that and we have tried to craft that to help build our program and our football team, in terms of advice I have no advice to give it has just been fun working for him and trying to understand how we want to build this team together and I have enjoyed every minute of it."

JayFord

Reaction score
He probably gave Judge advice but just wont state it publicly

Garrett wasnt just hired to be the OC he was hired along with Freddie Kitchens because Judge has no Hc or Coordinator experience and they need them to impart wisdom on him

MikeB80

Reaction score
Yet the paragraph you posted of his response just further highlighted how much of a corn ball he is.

no actually I tried to give you his exact quote. It was really the second part answer to the previous question. Patrick graham talked about the organizations vision and garrett was adding to that essentially.

Blake

Reaction score
no actually I tried to give you his exact quote. It was really the second part answer to the previous question. Patrick graham talked about the organizations vision and garrett was adding to that essentially.

And Garret still sounded like a phony cornball

"...getting everyone on the same page. That is such a big piece to having success"

As if he ever had a clue about succeeding in the NFL

Tommy

Reaction score
The actual question.

Piggybacking on what Zach just asked you, you've now spent a whole summer with Joe Judge, is there anything that surprised you about him moving up to this role as a head coach for the first time and you've been a head coach for a long time in this league yourself do you have any advice you can give him going into his first game in his first year?

Jason Garrett's Response.

"No, it's just been a great experience for me to work for Joe, Great respect for him from afar, A lot of people I know who have been around him have said great things about him and that was a big draw for me in coming to New York taking the position that have and it's been great getting to know him again going back to the Vision of the program and vision of the football team, you know understanding what that is, having conversations with him about that and what we value together as a coaching staff and a football team those are really important. I think he has done a great job outlining that for all of us and getting everybody on the same page, alignment in an organization is critical, Everybody on the same page from ownership all the way through the organization, personnel people, coaching staff, players....getting everyone on the same page. That is such a big piece to having success. So we have talked a lot about that and I have learned a lot from Joe about that and we have tried to craft that to help build our program and our football team, in terms of advice I have no advice to give it has just been fun working for him and trying to understand how we want to build this team together and I have enjoyed every minute of it."
No one cares about the context and what was actually said. They want to create their own reality based on the tweet.

The less information the better.

MikeB80

Reaction score
And Garret still sounded like a phony cornball

"...getting everyone on the same page. That is such a big piece to having success"

As if he ever had a clue about succeeding in the NFL

His three super bowls as a player says yes, getting hired as a head coach, a quarterback coach and a coordinator also says yes he does.

Mike McCarthy has been in the nfl since 1993 and has been to one Super Bowl as a head coach, position coach or a coordinator and never played in the league.