Garrett as GM? **merged**

silvernblu

Reaction score
He’s very good at scouting talent. Inspirational speeches. Human Resources. It could actually be a good fit.

He’s a bad coach clearly. This isn’t necessarily a promotion based on good coaching. But a potential better fit for his talents. and a buffer between Jerry.

As long as he’s not calling plays and making game time decisions, I’m ok with it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
100% no. No coach with an ounce of brains would take the job with the previous failed coach who still wants the job sitting directly above them in the owner’s ear every second of every day. No chance whatsoever this would work. You think the team Has dysfunction now, times it by 10 if this were to happen.

ondaedg

Reaction score
100% no. No coach with an ounce of brains would take the job with the previous failed coach who still wants the job sitting directly above them in the owner’s ear every second of every day. No chance whatsoever this would work. You think the team Has dysfunction now, times it by 10 if this were to happen.

Exactly. It would be no different than marrying a woman whose ex-husband lives in the same house. Dumbest idea ever if JJ is even considering it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So, Jerry Jones is too tired to do his radio shows.

And then we get "How's it going, guys!?" on the appearances and Jones sticks his hand up the shoot and works Garrett's talking head for details?

Hmmm.

You might be onto something. Jones could just stay in bed and have his fake robotic politician spokesman do his bidding.

cowboyec

Reaction score
maybe...but I just don't believe Jerry replaces himself as GM.
he said it the other day...you don't fire yourself.
I think this man really likes Garrett...and I would not be shocked if he is bringing him back on a short term deal.
maybe the offer is 2-3yrs...Garrett seeking 4-5yrs.....and didnt get it.
so he takes the short term deal and his anglin' for certain asst's.

but Im just guessin' n stuff.....lotta time to think when your sling'n a mop.

_sturt_

Reaction score
What if this is all about persuading Red to leave coaching and take 78 year-old Jerry's place in the decision-making hierarchy?

(Pardon the bold, but this once was its own thread before someone figured it belongs here.)

Or, technically, Stephen becomes the final say, but Jason is more or less in Stephen's place as next-to-final-say.

It would be surprising that Jerry would decide to step back from the center of the Cowboys universe, but at 78, maybe he's been having a lot of thoughts that many if not most people getting ready to crest 80 tend to have.

How would you feel about that???

On the one hand, I take it that the loudest and most prolific posters here would be disappointed to see Red ascend to even greater authority... on the other, I tend to think that a whole lotta folks feel it is in the franchise's best interests for Jerry to pass the baton once and for all.

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Valid question. Who knows whether it is a valid theory or not, but it is a valid question.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no way.

its either
A.) a LONG goodbye.
B.) he's comin back...and they're workin on details and staff stuff.
C.) Jerry is waiting on his guy and is giving Garrett til the 14th.

hopin' A/C.....but feelin' B.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Folks... it's a question. Hypothetical. How would you react?