Garrett comment on Tank

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is nothing but Garrett being a public mouthpiece for Jerry. It's probably not going to sit well with Lawrence and his camp.

I'm past the point of caring about what sits well with Lawrence and his camp. Let him pull a LeVeon Bell and see where that gets him.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
LOL "bad coaching" - getting absolutely destroyed by the interior of the Rams O-Line was not "bad coaching", it was losing one on one battles.

And again, you know exactly how the 2019 season will end. No trophy, more disappointment, followed by excuses for the front office. Mediocrity should not be embraced.
This common knowledge by now by most to include Kris Richard and Jerry Jones. Not only did the Rams brag about the tells that were giving away by the DL but the Cowboys were the only team in the second half of the season and the playoffs that played the Rams that did not try to Copy Cat the Bears success. But you are certainly allowed your opinion.

OK Steven A. We know the Cowboys are a disaster waiting to happen.

erod

Reaction score
And it’s a shame, too! We need to fix it. Not just athletes. Musicians, actors, politicians, etc.

Yeah, a one time sum of 10k is not really life changing, but I’d wager a few hundred people would make enough wise investments to positively impact a lot of people.

Imagine this. If we took half of the money from all the athletes, entertainers, celebrities and politicians, we’d have trillions, and they’d STILL be financially well off!

I'm a firm believer in the theory that if you spread all the money in America evenly among the citizenry, 95% of it would be right back where it started within five years.

That said, professional sports and the entertainment industry are an economy of themselves. They fall into no specific category. It's just gluttony of money and excess, which is fine, but it's ruining pro sports. It's gotten too far out of hand.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is Sports Entertainment at the highest level. The money is there for the billionaire owners who are more than willing to pay.

Would you rather the owners and networks keep more of the money? Why do fans have no issue with everyone else’s hand in the kitty but the players?

See i cant put all my points in one post.

I didnt mean that i am for the others just because i am not on the players side. I have a problem with the system. It cant be that a frickin football player earns millions of dollars but a social worker or a nurse has to fight to get by.

To be more specific about my problem with players is that they demand even more money by saying they need security. For me that is just arrogant and selfish. They lost contact to the real world and what kind of worth they really provide for the Community .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
See i cant put all my points in one post.

I didnt mean that i am for the others just because i am not on the players side. I have a problem with the system. It cant be that a frickin football player earns millions of dollars but a social worker or a nurse has to fight to get by.

To be more specific about my problem with players is that they demand even more money by saying they need security. For me that is just arrogant and selfish. They lost contact to the real world and what kind of worth they really provide for the Community .
Athletes aren’t the only segment of the entertainment business which are grossly overpaid.

It hasn’t always been the case. But television revenue has changed the dynamics in professional and the people have fed with their viewership. As a result the funds are available and the owning parts more than willling to pay.

zerofill

Reaction score
I never thought of Lawrence as a money player he always seemed like a football guy to me.

Problem you run into is the agents... They spend their whole time pumping the players up, constantly telling them how great they are. Brain washing them into thinking they are getting screwed over... etc...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're talking about team stats like win totals? Then have Dak share the money equally with all of his teammates, since everybody contributed to this team wins.

He hasn't "earned it" the way Lawrence has, by being among the top league wide at his position. That's why team wins have to be used to prop up Prescott, because his own numbers don't stand up.
Really? You're spewing such nonsense once again? We've been over this a gazillion times with many showing individual stats and accolades to prove Dak's worth. Yet, here you are still upset? Dak is going to get paid $25+ mil / season because he earned it and shows continued growth, plus is a leader and a finisher. Accept it and move on already. Spewing the same nonsense simply because you don't like the player does not make it true or will not stop Dak from getting such a big contract very soon.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol

Yea, Dak only trails Brady. If that’s not an agenda driven narrative. Like Dak is anywhere near Brady’s level. You Daksters are so desperate to legitimize our average passing QB. That winning record was severely reduced without an elite RB and WR.

I will agree as a franchise QB he is deserving of a contract which is usually the highest on the team even if they aren’t the most talented on the team.

But the more we pay him the less we’ll have to surround him which ultimately will expose his weaknesses like we’ve already seen.
Funny but I never heard you demand that Romo receive less in pay in order to help the team... both times that Romo received franchise record contract increases.

Not once!

Agenda driven? Hmm...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny but I never heard you demand that Romo receive less in pay in order to help the team... both times that Romo received franchise record contract increases.

Not once!

Agenda driven? Hmm...
Right because he carried the team. He didn’t need as much supporting cast .

Back then we collapsed without Romo. Now we collapse without an elite RB or WR with our QB.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if you spread all the money in America evenly among the citizenry, 95% of it would be right back where it started within five years.

That said, professional sports and the entertainment industry are an economy of themselves. They fall into no specific category. It's just gluttony of money and excess, which is fine, but it's ruining pro sports. It's gotten too far out of hand.
That’s the most ridiculous notion I’ve heard about distribution of funds. Not everyone who’s less fortunate are uneducated fools.

90% of the wealth is controlled by 10% who inherit or marry into it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right because he carried the team.
Yeah, to what? 2 playoff wins out of 5 tries within 10 seasons?

Dak already has 1 playoff win out of 3 playoff games within his first 3 seasons, and that's because his first playoff game should have been a win had it not been for them crooked officials. Remember, it was DAK who carried the team and brought them back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter, only to tie the game at 31 all with 39 seconds left in the game against an Aaron Rodgers led proven Packers team.

You think Dak hasn't carried the team? If you don't, what games have you been watching the past 3 seasons?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, to what? 2 playoff wins out of 5 tries within 10 seasons?

Dak already has 1 playoff win out of 3 playoff games within his first 3 seasons, and that's because his first playoff game should have been a win had it not been for them crooked officials. Remember, it was DAK who carried the team and brought them back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter, only to tie the game at 31 all with 39 seconds left in the game against an Aaron Rodgers led proven Packers team.

You think Dak hasn't carried the team? If you don't, what games have you been watching the past 3 seasons?
It doesn’t matter what the results were. We totally collapsed without Romo.

Dak has rode on the coat tails of more elite key positions. Take one out and he collapses.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? You're spewing such nonsense once again? We've been over this a gazillion times with many showing individual stats and accolades to prove Dak's worth.

Really?

Where are these "accolades" of which you speak? Where is the actual support for something that you want to try to claim to be this "given"?

Oh, that's right, nowhere.

we'll go through this again, and again, and again. As many times as we need to until you're clear on it.

Yet, here you are still upset?

Where did I ever say I was "upset"? I guess the same place where your "stats and accolades" are hidden. Nowhere.

Dak is going to get paid $25+ mil / season because he earned it and shows continued growth, plus is a leader and a finisher. Accept it and move on already. Spewing the same nonsense simply because you don't like the player does not make it true or will not stop Dak from getting such a big contract very soon.

Neither will your cheerleading, so you can "move on" as well. It's crystal clear, who is, in fact, "upset" and emotional here.

He's not worth $25 million a year, and neither are several of the quarterbacks being overpaid and hamstringing their sorry teams. You can profess otherwise until your fingers fall off, but it still won't make it so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really?

Where are these "accolades" of which you speak? Where is the actual support for something that you want to try to claim to be this "given"?

Oh, that's right, nowhere.

we'll go through this again, and again, and again. As many times as we need to until you're clear on it.

Where did I ever say I was "upset"? I guess the same place where your "stats and accolades" are hidden. Nowhere.

Neither will your cheerleading, so you can "move on" as well. It's crystal clear, who is, in fact, "upset" and emotional here.

He's not worth $25 million a year, and neither are several of the quarterbacks being overpaid and hamstringing their sorry teams. You can profess otherwise until your fingers fall off, but it still won't make it so.
Yep

Wait till we don’t have the All Pro OL, league leading RB and WR1. That’s when we’ll know what we have at QB. Oh wait.. we’ve already seen. Lol

lockster

Reaction score
C
That is such BS

You've put your body on the line and earned a big pay day.

But you should care less about your salary and more about how much money the team is spending overall.

Would Garrett work for less than he is worth to benefit the team? Would the Jones's?
coaches and owners don't have salary caps, players do, they agreed to it, so they need to understand the implications of that system. He can't make but so much money without hurting the team. So what the patriots do, trade him, trade him now, trade.. . !!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but he’s the 2nd winningest QB in regular season games last 3 years only behind Brady. Lol

Then Tank Lawrence is the "second-winningest DE in regular season games last 3 years" too, pay him first!
:laugh: