Garrett: Eagles the best team in football

blueblood70

Reaction score
He said, "right now". He is not talking about what might happen in December. So I think he is right. The Eagles look like the best team in football right now. If Hurts continues to play they way he has so far, I do not see a weakness on the Eagles roster. They added the right players they needed to after making the playoffs last year.

They also have some aging players. Kelce is in his last year probably. Cox is getting old. Brandon Graham is probably at the end of his careers as well. And as we all know, once you get really good, other teams take all your free agent players that you can't fit under the CAP anymore. Maybe next year they won't be as good, but this year they look very strong.

Arguably, Miami is also the top team in football. They just beat the Bills who everyone thought was the best team.
so many years our own fans say tap the brakes etc but last year 6-0 run start out 7-2 and doin well and no one buys it

3-0 to a bunch of spares and they are LOOKING like the best team..how so? we started out last year 10X better than these eagles start..at least we beat the NE and LAC ON THE ROAD plus the eagles twice and it wasn't close, all allegedly good teams and got the fan reaction as whatever.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The Bills are better than the Dolphins. They lost today due to injuries. Their entire defensive backfield was out.

I tend to agree but I also have to acknowledge that the Sheagles are playing pretty well and I suspect a lot of the backlash against acknowledging that are those who trashed Hurts & thus they don't want to give any credit to him.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Hurts is a great running QB until Micah is chasing him down.

Creeper

Reaction score
so many years our own fans say tap the brakes etc but last year 6-0 run start out 7-2 and doin well and no one buys it

3-0 to a bunch of spares and they are LOOKING like the best team..how so? we started out last year 10X better than these eagles start..at least we beat the NE and LAC ON THE ROAD plus the eagles twice and it wasn't close, all allegedly good teams and got the fan reaction as whatever.

I would be the first to say it is not how you start, it is how you finish. Teams that start hot tend to slow down as the season progresses. Teams that start slow and finish strong seem to last deep into the playoffs. The Cowboys got off to a hot start last year and they were up there in the power rankings too, but as the season progressed they slipped down. It is possible the Eagles will cool off over time as well, but right now, they look very strong.

The Eagles are also pretty healthy right now. Some teams like the Cowboys and Bucs are missing key players. Over 17 games every team loses a player or two. Maybe 1 or 2 teams are healthy by the end of the year and those teams usually do well late in the season. We'll see. But right now the Eagles look strong on both sides of the ball and really show no obvious weakness. Every level of their defense looks really strong. DL, LB and Secondary all look really good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I can’t disagree at this point. I’m capable of giving a rival their due. The Eagles look really good right now. Their biggest question mark was Jalen Hurts, and he’s showing he’s up to the challenge so far.

This^^^^ every word

His legs are scaring teams, just like Lamar Jackson. He is running enough that teams have to plan for it. For example, Dak rushed a total 48 times 2021 in 16 games. Hurts has already rushed 37 times in three this season. Long story short.......I think their offense has found its formula/mojo

Bermystar12

Reaction score
He is not wrong. Technically, them and the Dolphins are undefeated at 3 wins. If the season were to end right now, they’d be in the Superbowl and currently, no one has answers to their offense. We need to be worried about how to stop them. I doubt we will, however…
If the season were to end right now they would not be in the Superbowl. They would be NFC #1 seed with a first round bye.

Carson

Reaction score
Off course since they have a cup cake schedule.
Agreed.

But that is why I had them winning the East just simply based off schedules. They should have a good 9-10 wins heading into the latter part of the season. We should have around 5-6

RS12

Reaction score
TBH, we don’t have any ideal how good of a HC that Garrett is, was or could be. With each passing year, I am starting to see just how destructive Jerry and Stephen’s management style can be to a HC, coaching staff, team, FO, etc. Jerry is crazy. Not just a little crazy, but Al Davis ego kind of crazy, which is on a whole different level of crazy than any other owner in league history. If you want to see the future of the Dallas Cowboys, take a look at Davis and the Raiders , multiply it by 100 and you might be close to seeing the downfall of the Cowboys. I don’t think teams around the league can make accurate judgments about the players or coaches from looking at their time in Dallas. As for Garrett, I am not so sure about him being such a horrible coach anymore. He was in a crazy situation.
Not a Garrett fan but best post in the thread. What is even more interesting is Davis son, other than catching lightning in a bottle end of last year, has been just as incompetent in tenure as the old man. Parallel universe?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I can’t disagree at this point. I’m capable of giving a rival their due. The Eagles look really good right now. Their biggest question mark was Jalen Hurts, and he’s showing he’s up to the challenge so far.

Everyone's trying to rag on Hurts because they thought he was the weak link but it's that defense that looks scary and almost no one is talking about that in here for a reason. Hurts only needs to not mess up what the defense has set up and so far he's done that and a good amount more.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Washington is not good.
The Lions are good; the QB is not good and the coaching staff needs some adjustments.
the lions and washington are bad.
minnesota is mediocre.
sorry...but those dogs don't hunt.
not impressed with philly.
screw'm.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Jared Goff has played better this season and the Lions are scoring some points. Kirk Cousins beat Aaron Rodgers on opening day. Carson Wentz does has a win this season. I’ve been watching Philly and it can be argued they are the best team right now. Everyone thought they were going to be good after their offseason moves. It’s still early in the season and we have a long way to go but Philly is off to a great start.
I agree, everyone is still feeling each other out at this point in time, to be undefeated at this point is special. Things in the next four weeks will start to show who they will become if they can escape the injury bug. I am not thrilled from a boy's perspective as we need to get a real QB back behind center, this Cinderella story is about to run out of oxygen. IMO

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah. Whatever the genius says. They have not played anyone.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I tend to agree but I also have to acknowledge that the Sheagles are playing pretty well and I suspect a lot of the backlash against acknowledging that are those who trashed Hurts & thus they don't want to give any credit to him.
I’ve said several times that the Buzzards are very good with Hurts playing like he is. They’re definitely a threat.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hurts only needs to not mess up what the defense has set up and so far he's done that and a good amount more.

And there is nothing wrong with this. His overall talent (running & passing) is a dangerous combination since he appears to be improving as a passer. It will be bad news for us & the league if he becomes a QB who can win solely based on his passing.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No excuses. You play with the card you are dealt with. The Dolphins had several starters out as well. The Bills might have the most talent, but today, the Dolphins were the better team.
I’ll give credit to Miami for the win, but no, they’re not the better team. Anyone with a functioning brain knows it.