Garrett Got Outcoached

JMech

Reaction score
Pure and simple. Him not wanting Dak to throw the ball an rely just on Elliott running the ball was the reason why we lost. The Saints were loading the box. Yet time and again we kept running up the middle.

Moore is not at fault here. This is all on Garrett.

Why do we have this thread going? We know he will be outcoached in every game we play in. It is a basic truth, it is biblical in origin.... I believe it was the 13th commandment.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It *looked* more like an old Garrett game plan, but I don't think any of us have knowledge of whether that was Moore or Garrett.

I look forward to the rumors this week on the subject, and all the palace intrigue shaping up for the coming year.

My dream may come to pass. Boy Genius II may depose Boy Genius I!
For the lolz!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We win, its Kellen Moore calling the plays. We lose, its Garrett calling the plays?:huh:

I was going to post this last night. Kellen Moore is a hero and gets all the credit when we win but he get's no blame when we lose. Garrett gets no credit when we win and all the blame when we lose. o_O

This loss is on Moore. He was like a deer in the headlights last night.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Not the First time...

Defiantly won’t be the last to finish the year before he gets the axe

Defiant? Who was defying who? JG defying Jerry's orders not to meddle?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pure and simple. Him not wanting Dak to throw the ball an rely just on Elliott running the ball was the reason why we lost. The Saints were loading the box. Yet time and again we kept running up the middle.

lol so after a loss it was Garrett yet was not given credit for the 1st 3 wins of the season? People here are amusing

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Here you go guys figured this might help you out!
HEROIMAGE-copy.jpg

P.S. When your defense holds them to 12 points in there own house and you can only muster 10 points with our offline and Zeke and Coop ya Houston we have a problem and its not the coaching!!!

The gameplan helped bottle our offense.

Along with Witten and Elliot fumbling the game away.

Tommy

Reaction score

I've been hearing for 3 weeks how Garrett has been neutered and has nothing to do with the offense. He doesn't do anything on gameday except clap.

Are you saying he took over the playcalling last night?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The gameplan helped bottle our offense.

Along with Witten and Elliot fumbling the game away.

game plan had nothing to do with Oline getting their butts whipped at the line of scrimmage. You can't block then any plan is not worth a damn.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It’s been said a lot the last couple of weeks that Moore and Kitna have been running the offensive game without interference from Garrett... so this is on the young shoulders of Moore.
No. This is Jason Garrett influencing the decision-making. They completely changed gameplans from week 1-3.

I don't know how anyone watches that game and doesn't think that approach on offense screamed Jason Garrret. It is the gameplan he has used over and over and over and over again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
game plan had nothing to do with Oline getting their butts whipped at the line of scrimmage. You can't block then any plan is not worth a damn.

IT did..

Saints are known for stopping the run. The gameplan was to run them into it over and over.

The other guys get paid too and I would think that attacking the Saints weakness instead of their strength would've been much better.

That was the Garrett gameplan from the past several years. Ego driven that we can just run on anyone.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

...Again!

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
IT did..

Saints are known for stopping the run. The gameplan was to run them into it over and over.

The other guys get paid too and I would think that attacking the Saints weakness instead of their strength would've been much better.

That was the Garrett gameplan from the past several years. Ego driven that we can just run on anyone.

Saints were getting pressure as well on Dak, he took several shots as he released the balls. Saints had not stopped the run very well leading up to this game. Fact is Oline got beat and when that happens you can put any plan you want and it will not work consistently.

Zman5

Reaction score
We've ran play action almost 40% of the time in weeks 1-3. We ran play action 20% of the time last night which is the rate JG/Linehan used PA past few years.

So if the game plan was Moore's last night, why would he drastically do less of what worked great past 3 games all of sudden? Especially when the defense was focused on stopping the run.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really should get used to it and accept it that people will latch onto conspiracy theories. But I still get frustrated by them, especially really dumb ones.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Moore AND Garrett at fault. How we gonna blame the offense and not its coordinator?

Stop being apologists and call it what it is.