Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And? Seriously, so what?

This has as much "drama filled excitement" as:

7am it was raining.
8am it stopped.
9 am it started raining again.

Whoa!

When the off season starts everyone will see how irrelevant this is.

It's still the same clown show as it ever was.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

mmohican29

Reaction score
This is why we are laughed at.

The coach has no say in his coaching staff, roster, etc.

Everything good and bad that happens to the Dallas Cowboys occurs AROUND Jason Garrett without exception. He is a stand in coach with the yeoman's work done by his assistants. Actual roster and staff decisions are indeed determined by the Ownership only.

I'd feel bad for him if he made a lot less, but what a farce at his pay scale to have so little respect for the profession as to not take a stand on anything on his own.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Scott is gone by the end of the week. I think.

4py7YH1.jpg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is why we are laughed at.

The coach has no say in his coaching staff, roster, etc.

Everything good and bad that happens to the Dallas Cowboys occurs AROUND Jason Garrett without exception. He is a stand in coach with the yeoman's work done by his assistants. Actual roster and staff decisions are indeed determined by the Ownership only.

I'd feel bad for him if he made a lot less, but what a farce at his pay scale to have so little respect for the profession as to not take a stand on anything on his own.
Bull. He listened to his own brother to hire Alexander.
Linehan was his personal hire.

Where the Hell are you coming from?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Why is this said by Garrett, but never said by Stephen or Jerry ?

Garrett is the only one that says all decisions are made in group .

Kaiser

Reaction score
In the radio interview Garrett was asked point blank if he expected Linehan to be back he said "I do, we don't expect any significant changes on our staff. We're still evaluating everything on our football team."

Exactly. 12 hours after the game ends Garrett, who doesn't make the decision, is asked if he expects the Front Office is bringing Linehan back. He says "I do".

Do you really think the HC, without talking to the Front Office, less than a day after the end of the season, would say "Yes, I personally am kicking Linehan to the curb"?

The question wasn't "Will Linehan be back for sure" and his answer had the obvious fall back of "We are going to evaluate everything so the answer could change". He also said he didn't expect "significant" changes, which would be most of the coaching staff turning over instead of just Linehan and Moore. No matter what there will be some change in the offensive position coaches.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I guess people just expected that a $5 billion company would be operated in a professional manner.

I've worked at $5 Billion companies and they don't have the COO announce decisions that are made by the Board of Directors - and they don't let the COO do it off the cuff without a concensus among the decision makers. Even if its an obvious choice.