Garrett is a great coach waiting to happen

Sydla

Reaction score
Are people now trying to undercut Romo to prop up Garrett?

The Garrett love some have where they will use any excuse or method to make him out to be better than he really has been is one of the most fascinating things I have ever come across in my entire Cowboys fandom life.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I’m going by stats. You measure individuals by stats and teams by rings in a TEAM game!

Stats are meaningless without rings. Garrett could go undefeated in the regular season every year but what does that mean if he keeps going one-and-done in the playoffs? Championship coaches have another gear that Garrett just doesn't have. Garrett is more of a career coordinator that a head coach...

ESisback

Reaction score
Stats are meaningless without rings. Garrett could go undefeated in the regular season every year but what does that mean if he keeps going one-and-done in the playoffs? Championship coaches have another gear that Garrett just doesn't have. Garrett is more of a career coordinator that a head coach...

Meaningless to you, but to deny them is delusional. Dan Marino is ringless. So is Fran Tarkenton and Dan Fouts and countless others. Conversely, Jim McMahon has a ring. Is he better?

Yeah, I’m frustrated by our lack of playoff wins, and I’ve questioned Garrett’s adjustments MANY times, but that ‘gear that he doesn’t have’? Merely speculation from a disgruntled fan.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
That's actually the correct answer to your question. You might disagree with their interpretation of the teams liabiliites, but nobody wants 8-8.

trust me, they do. where you get it wrong is people who do NOT want 8-8 have solutions. the ones who want 8-8 just defend it with no solutions very happy that we are average at best. They arent looking for standards, they arent looking to be great. they dont even want the celebrations. hi five their friends if we do something well and they are fine with that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trust me, they do. where you get it wrong is people who do NOT want 8-8 have solutions. the ones who want 8-8 just defend it with no solutions very happy that we are average at best. They arent looking for standards, they arent looking to be great. they dont even want the celebrations. hi five their friends if we do something well and they are fine with that.

I can't speak for everybody. I just know I like this staff, and the current direction of the team, but I have specific things I believe are keeping us from improving, and those things drive me nuts.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I can't speak for everybody. I just know I like this staff, and the current direction of the team, but I have specific things I believe are keeping us from improving, and those things drive me nuts.

now you get it. some have solutions and others just love the mediocrity.

Personally i dont know if i like this staff yet, but i am hoping the additions are good. Sorry when i think of good Olines, i never thought Cincy. I could be wrong. I dont know how Bloom will be either, but im ok with losing the previous guy. Richard i have big hopes for as well.

Im hoping Linehan and Garrett get on board with the winning but im not going to turn this into a "bash Garrett" thread.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am in no way a JG fan and hope he is replaced at seasons end ... saying that, he not the worst coach. And if let go from here, I think he'll get another head coaching gig. The real problem is our meddling owner.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What things are driving you nuts?

ESisback

Reaction score
All wrong. No real Cowboy fans are happy with 8-8. Those that feel they’re in some exclusive club that has higher standards and real solutions are delusional. Unless you’re immersed in it for a living, and you have information and solutions and the ability to change things, you’re in the same boat as any other fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The ONLY people wanting 8-8 are the haters here. They rejoice in it for obvious reasons.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What things are driving you nuts?

Most obviously it's been the inattention to the talent on defense. Taking unnecessary risks with high picks and taking offensive skill players in slots where comparable defenders at positions of greater need are available. .

ShiningStar

Reaction score
All wrong. No real Cowboy fans are happy with 8-8. Those that feel they’re in some exclusive club that has higher standards and real solutions are delusional. Unless you’re immersed in it for a living, and you have information and solutions and the ability to change things, you’re in the same boat as any other fan.

start reading the board. you ll see im right.