Garrett is a great coach waiting to happen

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is a good point. I have mixed feelings about Garrett. Supported him for years and then felt disillusioned after the last few years. I am just not sure how much control he actually has. I certainly agree that JJ has meddled enough to derail any coach's agenda. Could be that he is starting to give up some of the control. Talent goes a long way, but it takes the combined effort at crunch time.

I thought alot of the disfunction was gone but then the dez issue happened. Maybe now it's all stephen, hard to tell these days. Garret's next job will let us know how good he is.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We all like to clown on Jason for clapping and smiling, but neither of those are keeping us from winning games.
Quit breathing the welding fumes from you dad's garage.
It is not so much what Garrett does than what the players see: a happy go lucky coach who goes from milquetoast to Pollyanna.
Now, try to focus. Not that hard, bloke, if you don't chew gum.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Meaningless to you, but to deny them is delusional. Dan Marino is ringless. So is Fran Tarkenton and Dan Fouts and countless others. Conversely, Jim McMahon has a ring. Is he better?

Yeah, I’m frustrated by our lack of playoff wins, and I’ve questioned Garrett’s adjustments MANY times, but that ‘gear that he doesn’t have’? Merely speculation from a disgruntled fan.

Ask Jim McMahon if he'd trade that ring for any of those guys stats. Ask Trent Dilfer that same question. Stats are nothing but fluff.

Disgruntled fan? By these same standards, any other head coach or GM would have been fired years ago. A 2nd year head coach just won a SB last year, with his backup QB. Why do people keep making excuses for Garrett and Jones?...

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Quit breathing the welding fumes from you dad's garage.
It is not so much what Garrett does than what the players see: a happy go lucky coach who goes from milquetoast to Pollyanna.
Now, try to focus. Not that hard, bloke, if you don't chew gum.

So that’s going to turn him into a great coach. Not the x and o, not the schemes. Cut it with the personal insults. Your reputation of being informed around here isn’t very high for someone who’s going to start insulting others.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought alot of the disfunction was gone but then the dez issue happened. Maybe now it's all stephen, hard to tell these days. Garret's next job will let us know how good he is.

His next job won’t be a NFL head coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are people now trying to undercut Romo to prop up Garrett?

The Garrett love some have where they will use any excuse or method to make him out to be better than he really has been is one of the most fascinating things I have ever come across in my entire Cowboys fandom life.

The sad part about the small Garrett support group is they dont even think Garrett is a great coach. They just defend him because they think he is average, or they think he is the best we can expect with Jones. Beaten down, low standard drivel.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Most obviously it's been the inattention to the talent on defense. Taking unnecessary risks with high picks and taking offensive skill players in slots where comparable defenders at positions of greater need are available. .
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

We have always agree on this point. Marinelli gets the short end of the stick. They expect him to coach up guys and turn athletes into football players where the offense is afforded most of the prime picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The ONLY people wanting 8-8 are the haters here. They rejoice in it for obvious reasons.

Not sure which haters you are talking about. I hate Garrett, but love Dak.

But if your talking about 8-8, the guys that hate Garrett definitely dont want that. Its the prime reason why we want Garrett gone. Because that has basically been his record here. 8-8. We hate that record more than anything.

Its the Garrett support group and the homers that seem to LOVE 8-8. You applaud 8-8.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Meaningless to you, but to deny them is delusional. Dan Marino is ringless. So is Fran Tarkenton and Dan Fouts and countless others. Conversely, Jim McMahon has a ring. Is he better?

Yeah, I’m frustrated by our lack of playoff wins, and I’ve questioned Garrett’s adjustments MANY times, but that ‘gear that he doesn’t have’? Merely speculation from a disgruntled fan.

Garrett doesnt have stats. LOL Who is delusional? What stats are you throwing out there that support the claim that Garrett is great. This will be good for a laugh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's actually the correct answer to your question. You might disagree with their interpretation of the teams liabiliites, but nobody wants 8-8.

If you dont like 8-8 then why do you like Garrett? Thats basically what you get with Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stats are meaningless without rings. Garrett could go undefeated in the regular season every year but what does that mean if he keeps going one-and-done in the playoffs? Championship coaches have another gear that Garrett just doesn't have. Garrett is more of a career coordinator that a head coach...

Garrett has no business being a HC in the NFL. He should try politics. Football is not his bag.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not sure which haters you are talking about. I hate Garrett, but love Dak.

But if your talking about 8-8, the guys that hate Garrett definitely dont want that. Its the prime reason why we want Garrett gone. Because that has basically been his record here. 8-8. We hate that record more than anything.

Its the Garrett support group and the homers that seem to LOVE 8-8. You applaud 8-8.
I haven’t seen anyone applaud 8-8. Not 1 poster. That’s just some hate infused opinion from said haters. Those who are negative 99% of the time are the ones I’m talking about. I “hate” what Jerry the GM has done in the past but I don’t dwell on it here every post, every thread. That’s a hater.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone applaud 8-8. Not 1 poster. That’s just some hate infused opinion from said haters. Those who are negative 99% of the time are the ones I’m talking about. I “hate” what Jerry the GM has done in the past but I don’t dwell on it here every post, every thread. That’s a hater.

Anyone that supports Garrett obviously likes 8-8. Its called deductive reasoning.

I hate certain things like Garrett, and love other stuff. Par for the course for me. If your blanket hating on anyone that says something negative, then your the one hating bud.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone that supports Garrett obviously likes 8-8. Its called deductive reasoning.

I hate certain things like Garrett, and love other stuff. Par for the course for me. If your blanket hating on anyone that says something negative, then your the one hating bud.
No it’s called an assumption. And when you ASSume something, well you know the rest.