Garrett lucked out again

MikeT22

Reaction score
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.

Yeah, after 8 years we all know Garrett isn't going to change his stripes. There may be that rare game or two when he thinks his neck is on the line and he coaches out of character, but overall he's going to be the same mediocre coach making the same decisions. Heck, he's now 5-5, right back to .500.

DezNuts

Reaction score
I hate Garrett but I don't get what was wrong with the last drive. Thought they played it as well as they could. Every NFL Kicker should be able to make a 45 yard field goal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is becoming one of Garrett’s best coaching jobs which was on the verge of collapsing leading this bottom tier offense and average QB but we should be used to this as it’s become his staple.

Despite our dysfunctional organization and coaching Gaffes this team plays hard , fighting , never giving up for Jason and why I continue to support him not willing to join the Lynch Mob who’s only hope is for an Absolution from Jerry which will never come.

loublue22

Reaction score
the luck was more about blowing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter on the road and still winning. Could say it was lucky they threw it deep to Jones right after the 2 minute warning and scored so quickly, because they were gonna score one way or another.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Why would you point back to this thread and say anything??

I see very few fans supporting Garrett or Linehan on this site. Wins against average teams didn't change that thinking. Whether fans are happy with a win or not is irrelevant to the outcome of any game.

You are acting like fans being happy with a win will somehow impact the future of this team when it has no bearing at all.

There are plenty of "I told you so's" I could have mentioned over the years, but picking one where EVERYONE could say, "I told you so" makes very little sense.

Because the settling for a 40+ FG is one of Garretts biggest problems and it will cost him at some point. I just hope it isn't in a huge spot.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I hate Garrett but I don't get what was wrong with the last drive. Thought they played it as well as they could. Every NFL Kicker should be able to make a 45 yard field goal.
Did the NFL kicker miss an extra point today?

Dre11

Reaction score
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.

Wrong, he won, just as he would've vs Washington. Stop crying

Dre11

Reaction score
Add that to the gtless play calling before the half, this guy never learns , you need to strive for the maximum and if it doesnt happen have to have a bcakup plan. Always trying to play for FG, or going through motions(instead of trying hard) is why he has 8-8 seasons repeatedly . Even when the players are playing for him , he plays percentages and not go for the kill.

Maybe you two should get a room as I said the last time these fool will find something to cry about.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Garrett's day will come. We may win the division but he will continue to be exposed eventually. They weren't going to fire him midseason...this is good because now the stage will be even bigger in December/January for him to fail.

morat1959

Reaction score
Unless we go 0-16, JG isn't leaving. He will never ever be fired. He's a Cowboy for a life.

Please don’t say this. There’s always hope. Probably never going to happen but I need a small thread of hope to hang onto. I literally get nauseous every time they cut to the Clapper or the idiot in the sky box.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Whatever. The difference in this team from two weeks ago is huge. Two very very tough wins when they could have folded. I give the whole team and coaches credit. To me its the Oline. Zeke has all kinds of holes and Dak has all kinds of time. Night and day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please don’t say this. There’s always hope. Probably never going to happen but I need a small thread of hope to hang onto. I literally get nauseous every time they cut to the Clapper or the idiot in the sky box.

At this point, Garrett has already saved his job. Just the bit of hope Jerry has gotten already will keep him around. And I see no way we don't win the NFC East. Garrett survives another year.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be about Garrett's luck in having his division be one of the worst in football, with every other team wracked by injury.

This will be the fourth time in his eight years that only nine wins will take the division. Maybe this year, unlike the other three, he won't screw it up.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
This is becoming one of Garrett’s best coaching jobs which was on the verge of collapsing leading this bottom tier offense and average QB but we should be used to this as it’s become his staple.

Despite our dysfunctional organization and coaching Gaffes this team plays hard , fighting , never giving up for Jason and why I continue to support him not willing to join the Lynch Mob who’s only hope is for an Absolution from Jerry which will never come.

Jerry is that you again......Stephen, take the keyboard away from Jerry and tell him to go play arts & crafts with the others.

Jipper

Reaction score

What's wrong is that some people want to see the coaches play the game like they would madden....it was a smart move to pick up 6 more yards and put the ball where maher wanted it....nothing wrong with play calling there

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

This team is very talented so this is why I don’t think it’s luck. Rather, I believe with the talent we have on both sides of the ball, we’ve underperformed.