Garrett lucked out again

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.
I was thinking the same thing. I don’t have confidence in our kicker right now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.

He missed an extra point and had another near miss. I'm not comfortable with him kicking anywhere on the field. He's got the yips.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Well, I guess he's going to get extended now.

Great...... Dak I can deal with to an extent, but not another year of JG.

This guy always does enough in Jerry's eyes to stick. He always pulls it off

Crypto

Reaction score
I haven't read any post in this thread, but I feel confident no one has defended Garrett. So he's got that going for him :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is that you again......Stephen, take the keyboard away from Jerry and tell him to go play arts & crafts with the others.
Daddy doesn’t want Super Bowl champion HC’s. You’d think fans would be on to that by now after parting ways with more of them than any owner in NFL history. Jerry has fired all 3 HC’s who won Super Bowls for the Cowboys and ran off another SB Hall of Fame HC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I won’t applaud Jason for coaching just like he has for years.

It’s the same thing. The only difference is we’re winning.

It’s the same thing every week.

I’m done with him as a coach but I applaud the players for overcoming his mediocre brand of football for a couple weeks..

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Maybe you two should get a room as I said the last time these fool will find something to cry about.
It has happened many times before , even this season like the houston game and Commanders game.

Crypto

Reaction score

I’m done with him as a coach but I applaud the players for overcoming his mediocre brand of football for a couple weeks..
I'm done with hearing about his clapping. I think he has made mistakes, like everyone else in the world. But he is good for Dallas. He's not fat.

Dre11

Reaction score
It has happened many times before , even this season like the houston game and Commanders game.

So, the kicker missed fgs, it happens. Any fg kicker should be able to hit from 45

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm done with hearing about his clapping. I think he has made mistakes, like everyone else in the world. But he is good for Dallas. He's not fat.

He’s not good for Dallas at all.

He’s just good enough to keep us mediocre and keep the fans and Jerry chasing the false hope he brings as a coach.

His old school brand of football holds us back and he’s wasted the careers of so many special players because of it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Right!

Garrett sucks whether we win or lose.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
A 9-7 NFC East win probably keeps JG around 1 more year but I can still see Linehan leaving if passing game isn’t more consistent.

Also don’t underestimate Moore leaving if Linehan goes.

There’s coaches who would actually want to come here to prove themselves with Zeke, Cooper and this OL

Please bring the guy in your avatar out of retirement again.

dfense

Reaction score
The past means absolutely nothing. They just beat two teams with losing records and got back to back wins for the first time this season. Let that sink in. This team is poorly coached and shouldn't be given a free pass on judgement just because they win a game but hey, the simpletons will let that happen.
I just watched our QB throw consistent 3-4 yard passes again and again. Yet they still managed to win. I am amazed as well as happy for the win. When Zeke faulters, this team will go as far as Dak's arm will take them, which currently seems to be 3-4 yards a pass.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Every [every] coach in the NFL faces this issue. Talk about empty whining.

Crypto

Reaction score
He’s not good for Dallas at all.

He’s just good enough to keep us mediocre and keep the fans and Jerry chasing the false hope he brings as a coach.

His old school brand of football holds us back and he’s wasted the careers of so many special players because of it.
I disagree. He was the new whiz kid, toppled by a defensive guru, and the micromanaged. Garrett is still good.

BigTx66

Reaction score
Garrett is a proven and consistent idiot when it comes to mismanagement of a game, whether it's time management or critical play calling or challenging calls. He made numerous "Garrett-snafu's" today, as usual, which could have had a major impact on the game's final results. He failed to challenge two referee placements of the ball for the Falcons in the first half which appeared pretty clearly marked wrong and could have forced the Falcons into a 4th down situation. But of course, Garrett's inattention to detail ignored these. He also wasted time at the end of the 1st half and could have tried for a "hail Mary" pass to get some points, another stupid failure to act. As for the end of the game, it was clear that the Dallas offense was going to go into positioning mode for a final FG. That's fine, as that is Garrett's historical approach to these types of situations, and the team lives or dies with those FG attempts. Fortunately, the extremely strong effort by the Cowboy teams was rewarded, in spite of the head coach's continued lack of football IQ.

I do not like Garrett as a head coach and will not change my mind. He has had plenty of time to prove, and improve, his ability to lead a winning team. He's just a corporate talking head for PT Barnum (Jerry Jones) and will continue to play that role because of Jones' hard-headed refusal to accept that he knows nothing about winning leadership. Despite all the inadequacies and failures of the team's leadership, they put forth solid effort to pull another win out today...congrats.