Garrett might not want a new Contract

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
For several years now, I have wanted Garrett fired, but what If rumors are correct that Jason Garrett will be coaching somewhere next year... ie the Giants, why would he want a new extension here?

He has been hamstrung for years now, all aspects of control on this team have been stripped away, He is basically a fan like us, only he stands on the sidelines with a headset, and all he can do is clap.

If he had any dignity as a coach, he would want out of here!!

He can't even cut his kicker...I don't see how he would want to stay here.

If that's true, that's perfectly fine. I've always said I don't have anything against him as a human being. I just don't think he's the right fit for our HC. If he wants to go be someone's OC, I'll wish him all the best.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Saw this on a signed that said “ Some people will never succeed because they are not willing to give up familiar.” Immediately thought of Garrett and the rest of the Cowboys coaching staff.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
For several years now, I have wanted Garrett fired, but what If rumors are correct that Jason Garrett will be coaching somewhere next year... ie the Giants, why would he want a new extension here?

He has been hamstrung for years now, all aspects of control on this team have been stripped away, He is basically a fan like us, only he stands on the sidelines with a headset, and all he can do is clap.

There were seasons where Garrett coached very well during the season, only failing in advancing through the playoffs. Now I wonder how much impact Jones played.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

He's left the building already. It's been obvious since Thanksgiving.

Aven8

Reaction score
Garrett is stepping down. He is not getting fired. Jerry and him have it all worked out already.

I think this is the case too. Jerry is letting him go out with dignity and finish the season.

erod

Reaction score
He definitely wants out of this circus freak show.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Have heard this before.
Maybe HE has had enough as well.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he has 6 million reasons to stand on the sidelines and pretend to be listening to someone on the headset.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I stated this in like week 3 in things I think post....
JG willingly coached out this deal knowing he had ot make it farther than he had in 10 prior seasons as HC.
You don't do that without seriously considering other options and outcomes.

Go home to the Giants where expectations are near zero or remain here where he had 10 years of history held over his head and winning a division is laughed off as nothing??

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me if he wants out as much as the fan base wants him out. He looks absolutely miserable on the sideline this year.

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm going to implode if he goes to NYG and turns them into perennial contenders without Jerry's interference.
Garrett would struggle to coach Pee Wee football.
I wouldn't worry about the Giants.
If he goes there it takes pressure off of the other three teams in the conference.

pansophy

Reaction score
Whatever gets the job done.

I'm just glad it's about to happen.
That’s what people said about Zimmer before he was chased out of town, and now some have suggested we try to hire him as coach.

It’s time for a change but not convinced the right person is leaving.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
garrett should of been gone after the 2015 season he has been here way to long I am not sure if I was the owner of another team after watching what has happened to the cowboys I would want him around my team even without jerry interference garrett has pretty much reached his top level

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I suspect Garrett would want to keep his $5 million/year job. As for the Giants HC job, Garrett cannot know if he would get the job at this point, so he cannot make decisions based on that.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have made this point for several years and this year, just look at him on the sideline, he can't wait to get away from the circus and get to a normal football team.
So by making this statement you are saying that Jason Carrot is not part of the circus?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Garrett has proved over and over he has no dignity and has no character. If he doesn't want to be overpaid to do a job he continues to be unqualified to do he's had plenty of opportunities to step down and show he does have dignity and high character but he's chosen not to.

phildadon86

Reaction score

He hasnt been hamstrung you guys are ridiculous. He had control over the offense, it sucked, his power was taken away. He has been stripped of all of his duties because he sucks at them. Not to mention they have fired every coach he has ever brought in here. There are no more scapegoats, there are no more excuses, his time is done and he will fail wherever he goes. He is simply not a football coach. And thats ok. If he wants to be a tshirt slogan writer he can go and do that somewhere.

JMech

Reaction score

Just please................Yes, I am sure that some high school could contemplate hiring him, but his warts have been visibly exposed to the entire NFL. If anyone, and I mean anyone, is stupid enough to hire him.......I'm all for it. I like to see team hamstrung by idiots who pretend to be coaches.