Garrett- perfect puppet for Jerry

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That’s great you believe that. Not all of us feel the same way or follow the same path in our fandom.

I don’t come to a fan forum to sit back and hope for the best. That’s what I do at kick off.
We all know why you come here but you’re not going to succeed in bringing some of us down.

Hey Mods, there should be a Haters forum. Give them a way to vent and save the rest of us from their constant negativity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about a super bowl appearence? Or an NFC title game appearence? The bar is pretty low in Dallas these days. Jerry is happy when the team has a chance to win. One of the big on-going problems over the few decades is that there isn't a standard in Dallas that anyone is held too. Garrets going into his 9th season as HC and he only has 2 wildcard wins. That sucks on any team, let alone one with the storied history of this franchise.
It all starts at the top. When you have an owner who isn’t doing everything within his power to win by not pursuing the best coaching staffs , front offices and getting out of the way then it’s tough to hold the same expectations.

This is not the same franchise we grew up with. Only in name. I’m actually amazed we’re as competitive as we are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all know why you come here but you’re not going to succeed in bringing some of us down.

Hey Mods, there should be a Haters forum. Give them a way to vent and save the rest of us from their constant negativity.
I’ve been more of a Cowboy fan over 50+ years of my life than you can ever imagine. I’m a critic of how Jerry has run our franchise and come here to discuss all of the issues.

You’re certainly welcome to cheer the team on in any fashion you choose. I’m not attempting to curb your enthusiasm. I call it like I see it. If I bring you down I’d suggest ignoring. I’m not in that many threads.

It’s actually the negative rhetoric that drives traffic on these type of forums which generates revenue. The Silver Lining type threads or forums are mainly ghost towns. There are other venues and sites for those fans who aren’t interested in taking on these more serious and detailed critical discussions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve been more of a Cowboy fan over 50+ years of my life than you can ever imagine. I’m a critic of how Jerry has run our franchise and come here to discuss all of the issues.

You’re certainly welcome to cheer the team on in any fashion you choose. I’m not attempting to curb your enthusiasm. I call it like I see it. If I bring you down I’d suggest ignoring. I’m not in that many threads.

It’s actually the negative rhetoric that drives traffic on these type of forums which generates revenue. The Silver Lining type threads or forums are mainly ghost towns. There are other venues and sites for those fans who aren’t interested in taking on these more serious and detailed critical discussions.
And I’ve been a fan 50+ years. It all comes down to your character. Some are glass half full guys and some are glass half empty guys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I’ve been a fan 50+ years. It all comes down to your character. Some are glass half full guys and some are glass half empty guys.
Pretty much. I’m a critic at heart. I was in the Insurance business. My adult life was preparing for worse case scenarios.

Never been the cheerleading type. Was a season ticket holder for 36 years and despised fans who stood up and cheered the entire game. Wait and cheer when there’s something to cheer for.

There’s all types of fans my friend and attending games is a perfect example I’ve often used. While we might be rooting on the same team we don’t always see everything the same way. Such is life. Why get weighed down with. If it’s too much to handle. Stay at home where you can control it all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You think we actually have enough talent? We don’t have a #1 defense or Elite QB?

If all we need is a proven HC like Payton why hasn’t Jerry brought one in?

He brought Parcells in and no more success?

I disagree about our defense. It was a top 5 defense last year and should be again this year.

Our current roster is about as good as you could hope for with a salary cap.

I’d love a better QB but we’ve built the team in a way that Dak is plenty good enough to win it all with.

Our run game and defense should be good enough to control games.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL. Welcome to episode #9000 of "Garrett isn't a good coach so let me try to find other reasons we should feel lucky to have him."