News: Garrett: Rushing Success Affected Romo’s Rhythm

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Kinda the flip side of the "running backs need to get into a rhythm" argument, isn't it?

I know it's fun to call the coach an idiot in every thread, but I'd prefer to save the juicy terms for things that are actually idiotic.

Like the initial responses to the article?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This would make a decent Andy meme.

Sorry I annoyed your quarterback rhythm with my dominant rushing ability.

Nav22

Reaction score
I used to hate threads like this but now I love them.

Makes it so easy to weed out the... well, let's call them "special" fans.

A QB who's attempted 5 passes in a row SOMETIMES is in a better passing rhythm than a QB who's just handed off 5 times in a row!?!?

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE GARRETT'S SO DUMB!!!!!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

A QB who's attempted 5 passes in a row SOMETIMES is in a better passing rhythm than a QB who's just handed off 5 times in a row!?!?

I think you may have surpassed your usual diatribe on other fans instead of actually talking football. If you keep this up someone will mistake you for an intellect.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score

Nevertheless, I still hate threads like this (equal to the "next year" threads). I see no rooting interest in the teams success. All I see is failure. We are 2 games into the season and this is where we (fans) are in our vested interest in this team? Sad state of affairs.:thumbdown:

Nav22

Reaction score
I think you may have surpassed your usual diatribe on other fans instead of actually talking football. If you keep this up someone will mistake you for an intellect.

I read through the thread. Intellect or "talking football" would be horribly misplaced here.

And what diatribe?? I said they were special. :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Not only should Jerry Jones shut up, but now Garrett should. Even if that's the case, don't say that. Just say he's getting back slowly into the rhythm of things.

Nav22

Reaction score
Nevertheless, I still hate threads like this (equal to the "next year" threads). I see no rooting interest in the teams success. All I see is failure. We are 2 games into the season and this is where we (fans) are in our vested interest in this team? Sad state of affairs.:thumbdown:

I'm sure you're not surprised though. You should lower your expectations.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
This is literally the first time I've ever seen a coach essentially say "Our QB didn't look good because we were running the ball so well."

That is the kind of thing that would only come out of the mouth of Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

So, what would you say caused this?

Fans just being fickle?

Or results on the field, in drafting, and all decisions made with this organization?

Garrett said it. In all my years of watching this game and reading and listening to players, coaches, and GM's speak, I have never heard this before.

So the real questions comes down to this. Was this a smokescreen and backhanded cover for something going on with Romo's ability to play or a coach that misspoke, or a coach that actually believes what he said?

I do not for a minute believe the rhythm spin on why Romo was so inaccurate or lacked velocity. But then there i goi again being a hater.

rpntex

Reaction score
Here's the offending quote, for those who haven't opened the link:

Actually makes a little bit of sense. If a QB s accunstomed t throwing 40 times per game, it does have to throw your rhythm off when you dial it back to 20 or so. It shouldn't be an excuse, but it does make sense that it could have an impact.

Didn't seem to affect Troy.

That's because Troy rarely had his game rhythm disrupted. Dallas ran the ball just about the same amount year-in, year out. Had Dallas had a game where Troy went from throwing 20-25 times to 45 times, it wwould have disrupted the flow of the entire offense.

Like I said, it's no excuse, but it odes make a little bit of sense.

Nav22

Reaction score
So, what would you say caused this?

Fans just being fickle?

Or results on the field, in drafting, and all decisions made with this organization?

Garrett said it. In all my years of watching this game and reading and listening to players, coaches, and GM's speak, I have never heard this before.

So the real questions comes down to this. Was this a smokescreen and backhanded cover for something going on with Romo's ability to play or a coach that misspoke, or a coach that actually believes what he said?

I do not for a minute believe the rhythm spin on why Romo was so inaccurate or lacked velocity. But then there i goi again being a hater.

Serious questions: did you even read the quote? Have you ever played a sport?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The quote is actually worse than I thought it would be. He makes it sound like last week's game is going to be an aberration.

I don't think so:

“This is how you want to play,” said Garrett, who was more emphatic than is customary about practically everything in his postgame remarks.

“If you can run the ball, run the clock, you can control the football game. You need to be a physical football team to win in this league. We want to be a balanced offense that attacks you a lot of different ways.”

I think this is just some people overreacting to nothing again.