News: Garrett: Rushing Success Affected Romo’s Rhythm

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to agree. Could this be the first time fans have heard this? Qbs get in a rhythm same as backs and Wrs. I don't think Romos healthy so I'm kind of suspect that at this moment it's a little coach speak but to say a QB doesn't get in a rhythm is kind of nuts.

I think it's a coach running a bit of clumsy interference, too. But, yeah. Not remotely a big deal. We've heard various arguments for getting QBs into rhythm for years now. Going back to Landry and platooning Staubach and Morton.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...rterback/13350784-6905-4c24-9806-e544fe91cd8f

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...-manning-into-a-rhythm-against-jets-1.9118435

Being in or out of rhythm generally and getting out of it specifically because you're maybe not throwing it as often as you're used to are not exactly the same things, but the principle is similar enough that I can't imagine anyone honestly thinking the suggestion is idiotic.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, just like getting dez the ball early to get into a rythm. I swear some of the stuff people read into is unreal.

Oh and i guess it needs to be repeated again, he had a 93 passer rating. I hope he has a bad game the rest of the year

That's a good point. We've heard about getting Dez in a rhythm and getting him going early for a couple of years now. I don't see it as much of a stretch to suggest that maybe QBs are similar in that way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/15/garrett-rushing-success-affected-romos-rhythm/

455451610_8.jpg

IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Cowboys rushing attack dominated the Titans defense on Sunday, piling up 220 yards on the ground en route to a 26-10 victory.

With the running game rolling on all cylinders, Tony Romo and the passing attack largely took a backseat.

If this is a retread, please delete.

In my opinion- Romo just needs to get used to it.
Change your rhythm Tony.
It's time for the RB's with this Run Blocking OL to pick up some slack.

Corso

Reaction score
Lying about what exactly sunshine?

Man- why you have to do that?
I get asking the question, but the "sunshine" thing?

Jerk move meant to rile the guy up and nothing more. I thought more highly of you than that man.

popp1234

Reaction score
So, a good running game is NOT a quarterback's best friend? Now, I am really confused.

Reactions: BAT

Zordon

Reaction score
Man- why you have to do that?
I get asking the question, but the "sunshine" thing?

Jerk move meant to rile the guy up and nothing more. I thought more highly of you than that man.

When you accuse me of lying then you're dead to me. That's questioning my integrity. Lie, cheat, steal...three things I don't condone on or offline.

Corso

Reaction score
When you accuse me of lying then you're dead to me. That's questioning my integrity. Lie, cheat, steal...three things I don't condone on or offline.

I can understand your emotions getting in the way of debate instead of asking for a real argument with evidence supporting said person's claims and refuting it like you could have done so easily.
You chose to play on a level playing field rather than raising it with intelligence which you obviously have.
Just like our Cowboys have done so many times throughout the years. It must be contagious.

I think it's lowering yourself making chump moves like that, but who am I to judge?
I'll still enjoy your posts.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
So, a good running game is NOT a quarterback's best friend? Now, I am really confused.

I don't see where any one said that. What's being said is that a QB (or some) need to be involved more than handing the ball off to get their passing going. Same goes for RBs and WRs. Even though we ran the ball Sunday like we should have Romo still quietly had a pretty good game.
I don't even see the issue really.

coult44

Reaction score
Yeah, bro!! Do it! Because that's totally what this thread is about!

And Romo's perceived anger at ONE run call would be proof that he wants to pass every single down!!

FIND THE VIDEO NOW!!!!!!!!!

No need to get all crazy, just saying I seen what his coach was talking about. And based on your reaction, so did you....

Nav22

Reaction score
No need to get all crazy, just saying I seen what his coach was talking about. And based on your reaction, so did you....

Hahaha "what his coach was talking about"? What an immaculate leap you're making.

coult44

Reaction score
Hahaha "what his coach was talking about"? What an immaculate leap you're making.

Uhhh, JG using the running game as an excuse for Romos ridiculous past two games is the immaculate leap...And when you see Romo roll his eyes, and get visibly upset because another run is the play call, it doesn't take a leap at all. Tony opting to call off a run for a pass on the 1 yard line two weeks in a row is proof enough.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
After week one, I read on here that Romo checked out of runs b/c he didn't trust his oline due to years of bad oline play.

Now week 2 when he looks rusty again, I read that he played bad b/c the oline was too good and didn't allow him to throw himself into a rhythm.

When does this "romo friendly" buffoonery end?

Lol. ..you're killing me.

Nav22

Reaction score

Oh, really? You blatantly lied when you said...

"Now week 2 when he looks rusty again, I read that he played bad b/c the oline was too good and didn't allow him to throw himself into a rhythm."

You never read that because Garrett never said that. Never implied it either.

Oops! Guess your Romo and/or Garrett hate clouded your royal integrity.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Exactly, just like getting dez the ball early to get into a rythm. I swear some of the stuff people read into is unreal.

Oh and i guess it needs to be repeated again, he had a 93 passer rating. I hope he has a bad game the rest of the year

There you go with that freakin logic again.

Nav22

Reaction score
Uhhh, JG using the running game as an excuse for Romos ridiculous past two games is the immaculate leap...And when you see Romo roll his eyes, and get visibly upset because another run is the play call, it doesn't take a leap at all. Tony opting to call off a run for a pass on the 1 yard line two weeks in a row is proof enough.

Still waiting on that video!

You know, the one where Romo was so upset at a run call that it's proof that he "wants to pass every down" and ALSO backs up the common-sense theory that a QB who passes a few times will sometimes be in a better rhythm than a QB who hands off time and time again!

(Because, you know... that literally is ALL that Garrett said)