News: Garrett: Rushing Success Affected Romo’s Rhythm

Zordon

Reaction score
After week one, I read on here that Romo checked out of runs b/c he didn't trust his oline due to years of bad oline play.

Now week 2 when he looks rusty again, I read that he played bad b/c the oline was too good and didn't allow him to throw himself into a rhythm.

When does this "romo friendly" buffoonery end?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's getting thrown multiple questions about Romo every single day. He's just throwing things out there at this point. Nothing to see here...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
How does this out of whack come into play when the defense is on the field for 7:30 while the other team drives for a score?

Does a quarterback get out of whack then?

How about when the quarterback throws in pre-game and gets into whack and then has to sit for most of the first quarter?

How did Eli seem to be in whack after Barber ran every down for the entire second quarter in the 2007 play-off game, and yet Eli came in and threw three in whack passes and drove down to tie the score?

I read the article before I posted it. I thought this was a smokescreen by Garrett to avoid the is Romo healthy questions. If so, then he doesn't think on his feet very well.

I guess his brain gets out of whack with his mouth and his answers are sprayed all over the interview.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett acknowledges that Romo is still working back from surgery, but he also believes the infrequent throwing opportunities affected Romo’s rhythm.

“Sometimes when you play quarterback and you’re running the ball a lot — and that’s the feature part of your offense — sometimes you can get out of whack a little bit because you’re not having the normal and natural rhythm that you have every week,” said Garrett with Shan & RJ on 105.3 The Fan.
In over 40 years of following football I've never heard of this before. Ever. You have to be kidding me JG.

coult44

Reaction score
I hope they're not somehow trying to blame how lousy Romo has looked on the running game.

:mad:

I said romo looked pissed they were running the ball so much , in Chat during game. He wants to pass every play...

coult44

Reaction score
I used to hate threads like this but now I love them.

Makes it so easy to weed out the... well, let's call them "special" fans.

A QB who's attempted 5 passes in a row SOMETIMES is in a better passing rhythm than a QB who's just handed off 5 times in a row!?!?

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE GARRETT'S SO DUMB!!!!!

I will find the video that shows Romo mad because of a run call ...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason lets get out in front of next week.

Yes folks, Tony accidentally put on his turf cleats instead of his grass cleats, threw off his whole game.

Seriously folks, they'll run this nonsense every week till they have to admit Tony is playing hurt, because once they do, people will begin to call for Weeden

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes and yes.

Then you should know that Garrett qualified his comment with "sometimes", rendering your hand-picked examples moot. He also never said or implied that this was THE reason for Romo's few inaccurate passes (and yes, it was literally just a few) vs the Titans, only that this is something that can SOMETIMES mess with a QB's rhythm.

Which isn't some blasphemous, out-of-bounds observation in the least... unless if that's the way you choose to take it because you don't like the guy anyways.

It shouldn't be a surprise if you've played sports before. When are you generally in a better rhythm... after 10 minutes of playing, or the moment you get off the bench and enter a game? Same principle here.

Garrett has more knowledge about the QB position in his pinky than the rest of us have in our collective bodies. So yeah, it's pretty funny to me when people talk like they know better and his observation's inaccurate because THEY say so.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
So, what would you say caused this?

Fans just being fickle?

Or results on the field, in drafting, and all decisions made with this organization?

Garrett said it. In all my years of watching this game and reading and listening to players, coaches, and GM's speak, I have never heard this before.

So the real questions comes down to this. Was this a smokescreen and backhanded cover for something going on with Romo's ability to play or a coach that misspoke, or a coach that actually believes what he said?

I do not for a minute believe the rhythm spin on why Romo was so inaccurate or lacked velocity. But then there i goi again being a hater.
If all you see is doom and gloom in what he says and what the organization does and what they put on the field ....and a conspiracy in everything someone says... have at it.

Thanksgiving has been one of the most enjoyable days of the year for me as a Cowboys fan (no matter what kind of team shows up on the field). This year I can't have a meal with my family because of my sister's "Romo Rants". Sucks all the joy out of the game for me.

Oh yes, I get frustrated with his play at times and the organizational moves. But I choose to use my energy looking for the stuff I can root for. So whatever makes you happy or gets you off ... again, have at it. I just wanted to add my 2cents. Its free.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Kinda the flip side of the "running backs need to get into a rhythm" argument, isn't it?

I know it's fun to call the coach an idiot in every thread, but I'd prefer to save the juicy terms for things that are actually idiotic.

I have to agree. Could this be the first time fans have heard this? Qbs get in a rhythm same as backs and Wrs. I don't think Romos healthy so I'm kind of suspect that at this moment it's a little coach speak but to say a QB doesn't get in a rhythm is kind of nuts.

Nav22

Reaction score
I will find the video that shows Romo mad because of a run call ...

Yeah, bro!! Do it! Because that's totally what this thread is about!

And Romo's perceived anger at ONE run call would be proof that he wants to pass every single down!!

FIND THE VIDEO NOW!!!!!!!!!

rynochop

Reaction score
Kinda the flip side of the "running backs need to get into a rhythm" argument, isn't it?

I know it's fun to call the coach an idiot in every thread, but I'd prefer to save the juicy terms for things that are actually idiotic.

Exactly, just like getting dez the ball early to get into a rythm. I swear some of the stuff people read into is unreal.

rynochop

Reaction score

Exactly, just like getting dez the ball early to get into a rythm. I swear some of the stuff people read into is unreal.

Oh and i guess it needs to be repeated again, he had a 93 passer rating. I hope he has a bad game the rest of the year

Nav22

Reaction score
After week one, I read on here that Romo checked out of runs b/c he didn't trust his oline due to years of bad oline play.

Now week 2 when he looks rusty again, I read that he played bad b/c the oline was too good and didn't allow him to throw himself into a rhythm.

No, you didn't. You're literally just lying.