Garrett still needs to go

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
We only scored 20 points tonight. That is below our season average of 24 points per game. That is inexcusable.

Our offense tonight was stagnant, we couldnt run the ball, and Owens only had three catches. How this guy has a job here is a mystery to me.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2494244 said:
We only scored 20 points tonight. That is below our season average of 24 points per game. That is inexcusable.

Our offense tonight was stagnant, we couldnt run the ball, and Owens only had three catches. How this guy has a job here is a mystery to me.

I agree! Why throw the ball at your own 10 yardline when you need to run the clock. Romo was smart to push the ball and took the safety.

1st and goal, Garrett goes shut-gun with a draw. :bang2:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
It was nice to see Redball discovering the screen after Romo got hammered a few times. There's still hope. :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Last I checked, we played a GREAT defense. I guess the Giants naturally let teams march up and down the field.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2494266 said:
I agree! Why throw the ball at your own 10 yardline when you need to run the clock. Romo was smart to push the ball and took the safety.

1st and goal, Garrett goes shut-gun with a draw. :bang2:

Why throw the ball? Because it gives you a better chance to convert the 3rd down than you do running the ball. And if the Oline would have blocked instead of letting two or three players come completely clean, the play would never have happened.

Do I think we should have thrown it? No. But if he runs the ball and we get stopped, then we complain how he's too conservative, and doesnt play to win.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
Rampage;2494274 said:
he's a bum. way too pass-happy

yeah, an offense that has T.O. Jason W., Roy Williams, Bennett, Crayton, Austin; why would he be pass happy?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Agreed.

Red only blew up the Giant blitz with innovative draws and screens 20 times. What a space OC.

If he was half a coach he would have detonating Tuck with a Dr. Evil device and healed Tony with a magic wand.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Clove;2494296 said:
Last I checked, we played a GREAT defense. I guess the Giants naturally let teams march up and down the field.

Did you miss the little :rolleyes: underneath my post?

The entire post was laden with sarcasm.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Garrett is just to predictable, he needs to shake things up to keep the defenses honest, still wondering why they cant get the ball to the Wr more.

Batman

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the original poster is full of sarcasm. However, Garrett could have not called a better game. He called some screen passes at the perfect time that just really hurt the Giants defense. After several of those screens the Giants D was just not quite the same.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Garrett definitely called a good game tonight. Romo was rushed quite a bit but otherwise would have had other-worldly numbers, he missed a couple of potential big ones when under alot of pressure.

Great game by Romo to take that kind of pounding and still be able to get up over and over.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Red should be ashamed

He should have been out there PLAYING!
Blocking for Marion Barber ( .25 yards per carry)
Catching the ball for Owens (1 more big drop; stopped route on bomb)
Snapping the ball for Gurode (early snap on the safety)

sbark

Reaction score
Not Go, but maybe not ready for HC yet either....

that little "cross draw" with Choice is much like the Lead draw with Emmitt....

Give Garrett some credit for adapting quicker.....

NOw if Garrett could find a LG.....

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I've been saying the last two weeks that all the moaning about the coaching is absolute horse manure.

The playcalling is not the problem. The execution was. Tonight, for the most part we executed.

I'm not trying to be mean or call posters out, but the people who really think our play calling is that bad, may need to reexamine their argument. Or perhaps people just whine about the popular topic, regardless of the evidence to support it.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Red really needs to start earning his $4 million a year salary. Frankly its not all his fault because of all the injuries but still he has done a horrible job of adjusting at times and thats a huge part of being a coach in any sport!

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2494305 said:
Why throw the ball? Because it gives you a better chance to convert the 3rd down than you do running the ball. And if the Oline would have blocked instead of letting two or three players come completely clean, the play would never have happened.

Do I think we should have thrown it? No. But if he runs the ball and we get stopped, then we complain how he's too conservative, and doesnt play to win.

I wanted to see a straight up run like the one they scored on. No cute stuff.