Garrett - what does he even do?

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
I'm baffled by that too....what does he do? Week in and week out he is getting out-schemed, out-coached, and looking consistent at it. He is mediocre, at best.
Garrett has never schemed a game in his life. He goes in with his playbook lines em up and hopes they win. No in game adjustements at all.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Nothing. There have been many posters who have said this for several years now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jason-garrett-flapping-his-arms.gif

dfense

Reaction score
Not sure what his roll is on the team?

The game plans suck, there’s no discipline on either side of the ball, and the offense is laughably simple.
He does more than 11 defensive players to start. I'm sure if they let him tackle he might have helped. Why not just go right to the top? There's Jerry, he could have done something, right?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Since 2013, Garrett is 4-11 vs. first-year head coaches. He couldn't beat McAdoo twice last season and now Vance Joseph and Sean McVay gave him a beatdown this season. Not a mark of a "great" head coach if he's constantly taken to school by inexperienced coaches.

soopastar4

Reaction score
I watch this offense and it is predicated on the the player making a play instead of the scheme being designed to work against the defense. That is why dez is hardly open without being contested he wants dez to go up and make a play on a route thats easy to defend. simply no real thought process to take advantage of what the defense is doing garrett sucks.

Qbert

Reaction score
how many times have we seen segments on espn or nfl network about how Garrett needs to scheme to get Dez open? if those guys can see it why can Garrett and this staff?

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Not going to say who calls the offense and rather it is Garret or the OC's fault. What I will say is, no matter how good this scheme was in the 90's, it takes execution on each and every play and so far we have not been that team since the early 90's to do such..... Blame the NFL Cap, blame the old offensive game plan, blame a QB with little coaching experience(Garret), or blame not having a good enough team under the new CAP era . Regardless of what is to be believed, I still think Norv's scheme is old and outdated. While it is not his personally, it shows it is even older than that but Norv was the last to make it popular.

I do not call for a firing immediately, but some fresh game playing by a newer and younger coach would fix a lot of issues. We made a huge change with Jimmy and younger thinking. Maybe it is time to do the same in the future......

Qbert

Reaction score
when have they ever beat a truly superior team and you left thinking, wow Garrett outcoached whoever? I cant think of any