Garretts post game locker room speech

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
See what is happening?

I see one playoff win during the Jason Garrett era.............Are there other playoff wins that are invisible, like Wonder Woman's jet:huh:

Hey Wonder Woman, can you help us find Garrett's lost playoff wins, I think they are invisible like your plane is:laugh:

hqdefault.jpg
I want one of those! and a new creative coach( like the Rams have). I know they are both hard to find, especially the coach.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Again, a few posters have amnesia. They said they don’t remember or only remember maybe a game or two in which we lost in embarrassing fashion. That’s so comical to me.

So to back up my point that they called me out on, I provided proof
How can you be a long time cowboy fan and not notice all the ridiculous ways we have found to lose games over the last 20 years, including the Garrett era.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
One win doesn’t override an entire body of work.

Some of the worst things to happen in Dallas Cowboys history has happened under his watch. That’s inexcusable

I know I didn't have an ulcer watching them before he blew 13 point leads with 3 minutes to go, 10 point leads with 1:30 to go, blew 21-3 and 23-3 leads to the Packers, lost 51-48, had the most losses when scoring 30 points in a game since 2010, froze his own kicker and clapped when the opponents score,,,

BigD5

Reaction score
No. But you said he lost lots of games due to time management. Prove it. Hint, you can't.
First off, I never said a word about time management. I said some of the worst things to happen to us in franchise history happened while Garrett has been coach.

But you want to cling to time management so let’s go that route.

Did you read any of my previous posts in this thread? Cause I’ve provided SEVERAL examples.

1) a few weeks ago vs GB. Called a pass to Dez when TIME was of the essence and we should’ve tried to bleed as much clock as possible.

2) Sat on the ball after recovering onside kick vs Baltimore. Settled for a 51 yd fg attempt.

3) Detroit game were he mismanaged running the clock out and they drove and Stafford jumped over the line for the game winning td

4) Detroit game where we were up by like 20 pts and he insisted on throwing still until we lost.

5) Since 2011, home teams with a lead of at least 15 points have lost just seven times. The Cowboys have three of those seven losses. That’s a time management issue.

6) nyg game where they blocked the fg at the end. Up two scores and throwing the ball still. Time management issue

7) GB the Matt Flynn game. Avg like 7 yds a carry and only ran the ball like 6 times in the 2nd half

8) Arizona iced his own kicker

9) GB playoff game last year. Spiking the ball like an idiot

10) GB Dez caught it game. Terrible clock management at the end of the half to swing the momentum in the game back to GBs favor.

11) I can do this all night long bud

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
First off, I never said a word about time management. I said some of the worst things to happen to us in franchise history happened while Garrett has been coach.

Did you read any of my previous posts in this thread? Cause I’ve provided SEVERAL examples.

1) a few weeks ago vs GB. Called a pass to Dez when TIME was of the essence and we should’ve tried to bleed as much clock as possible.

2) Sat on the ball after recovering onside kick vs Baltimore. Settled for a 51 yd fg attempt.

3) Detroit game were he mismanaged running the clock out and they drove and Stafford jumped over the line for the game winning td

4) Detroit game where we were up by like 20 pts and he insisted on throwing still until we lost.

5) Since 2011, home teams with a lead of at least 15 points have lost just seven times. The Cowboys have three of those seven losses. That’s a time management issue.

6) nyg game where they blocked the fg at the end. Up two scores and throwing the ball still. Time management issue

7) GB the Matt Flynn game. Avg like 7 yds a carry and only ran the ball like 6 times in the 2nd half

10) GB Dez caught it game. Terrible clock management at the end of the half to swing the momentum in the game back to GBs favor.

The spike in the GB playoff game was so stupid. It was terrible clock management and back fired big time. By spiking the ball Garrett wasted a down when he did not have to. He thought he was saving time for us but the spike actually gave GB more time to score. If Garrett doesn’t call for a spike their I believe the way we were moving the ball we would have had a really good chance to score a TD.

Zman5

Reaction score
No I’m not kidding you. Tell me what games Garrett lost due to time management.

You originally replied to the following post where @Captain43Crash said "If your honest you have to admit his in game adjustments and clock management have cost us WAY to many games".

Captain43Crash said:
Garrett has found some spectacularly depressing ways for us to lose. If your honest you have to admit his in game adjustments and clock management have cost us WAY to many games.

How many exactly and in what years? I remember a game or 2 early on in his career, but none since.

After @BigD5 gave you bunch of examples of games lost due to bad in game adjustments and clock management, you are trying to change the argument to games lost due to time management only. So who's moving the goal post?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finally listened to it. Pure torture for me. I have heard this same damn speech a hundred times from Garrett. It's meaningless to me and I see it's becoming more and more meaningless to others as well. He's garbage. Will always root for the team and enjoy the games as best as I can, but I have no ultimate expecatations for this team and I can say with 100% honesty that it's because I do not, and never have, good times or bad, believed in Garrett. Those who believe in Garrett are entitled to their wrong opinion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

BS on all of it. First, the person I was responding to said lost tons of games due to time management. You list games where they won some and the ones they lost were not due to time management. Just totally ignorant.