Garretts post game locker room speech

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Comparing Garrett to the more elite coaches is part of the problem . The Cowboys are not an elite football franchise any longer due to Jerry’s intent to control operations.

You’d think after 20 years fans would have adjusted their expectations and mentality?

Maybe we need 30 years and our 85 year old Football Idiot for it to sink in?

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
See, I'd like to have some pride in my franchise actually winning something meaningful instead of silly post game speeches.

But I know........... that's just ********* crazy talk right there.

Yea, the Garrett fan boys get all goosey bumped up listening to his post game speeches.:lmao2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Meaningful? Mediocre franchises don’t win anything meaningful. Division titles is about as good as it gets this era with Jerry’s priorities.

Lower the bar!! This isn’t our fathers Cowboys.

Cowboy fans don't lower the bar........................go root for the Brown's with that type of talk where 500 records are celebrated with parades.

We won 3 championships under Jerry Jones, so don't tell me it cant be done again. I don't care if we have to go through 50 different head coaches until we find one that can win another under Jerry Jones, but no way in hell am I going to lower the bar and settle because a mediocre coach like Garrett is the best you think we can do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans don't lower the bar........................go root for the Brown's with that type of talk where 500 records are celebrated with parades.

We won 3 championships under Jerry Jones, so don't tell me it cant be done again. I don't care if we have to go through 50 different head coaches until we find one that can win another under Jerry Jones, but no way in hell am I going to lower the bar and settle because a mediocre coach like Garrett is the best you think we can do.
I’m not saying we as fans have lowered the bar.

I’m saying Jerry has lowered bar because winning championships is not a priority or he’d bring in more experienced coaches and get out of the way.

But Jerry only wants to win his way which is looking more unlikely after 20 + years.

Maybe 30 years and a 85 year old GM will be more convincing ?

BigD5

Reaction score
How many exactly and in what years? I remember a game or 2 early on in his career, but none since.
Jesus Christ man. Are you just freaking with us or what?

A game or two? TWO games is all you can remember that we lost in spectacular fashion under Garrett?

BigD5

Reaction score
NYJ - gave up 17 pts in the 4th qtr to lose season opener. Mark Sanchez throws for 335 yds

Det - 20-3 halftime lead blown

NE - last minute td drive beat us because of poor clock management. Lost a 3 pt 4th qtr lead.

Phi - crushed 34-7 by eagles

Ari - 13-3 lead blown. Couldn’t stop a screen pass. Had punt blocked for Ari td. Also broke the punters leg on the play. Lost in OT.

NYG - giants stop a 4 game losing streak by scoring two tds in the final 3:14 of the game and blocking a dallas fg attempt. Pretty sure that’s never happened in dallas history. Losing after being up 2 yds with 3 mins left that is.

Phi - pretty much gave up in this game cause Romo hit his hand on a helmet.

NYG - the following week got absolutely creamed by the giants in a win or go home week 17 divisional showdown

BigD5

Reaction score
Sea - absolutely crushed. Sean Lee almost decapitated.

Chi - 2 pick sixes on national tv that cost us the game

Balt - Horrible clock management by Garrett on the final drive left Bailey with a 50+ yard field goal attempt that he pushed wide as time expired

ATL - scored 13 in the 4th qtr to come from behind to beat us

Wash - crushed by rg3 on thanksgiving. The first loss against Washington on thanksgiving day in Cowboy history.

NO - loss in OT. Eliminated from wild card

Wash - lost the win or go home game. Second year in a row to lose the division in week 17

BigD5

Reaction score
SD - Opposing QB threw for 400 yds and opponent had 500 total yds. (More on this later). Had a 21-13 lead at halftime.

Den - another 400/500 game given up by dallas. This was the shootout game we lost.

Det - Calvin Johnson 329 receiving yards. Another 400/500 game given up by defense. Also gave up 24 pts in the 4th qtr. And a holding call when trying to salt the game away cost us the game.

NO - gave up franchise record 625 yds in a devastating 49-17 loss. Brees missed throwing for 400 yards by 8 yards

Chi - crushed by josh Mccown because Cutler was out with an injury. Bears led 42-14 in 4th qtr

GB - this is the Matt Flynn come from behind game. Led 26-3 at halftime.
I believe it’s the biggest lead lost in franchise history. Somebody double check me

Phi - lost another win or go home game. 3rd in a row.

BigD5

Reaction score
Good season
Wash - lost to a colt McCoy led Commander team. This ultimately lost us the tiebreaker and caused us to have to go to Green Bay. Where the NFL screwed us on Dez catch

BigD5

Reaction score
ATL - dominated the game. Then suddenly we could not stop Atlanta. And couldn’t gain a yard on them. Led 28-17 at halftime. Outscored 22-0 in 2nd half

NO - loss in 13 seconds in OT

1-11 without Tony Romo. Beat wash in upset for 4th win of season. Costing us Carson wentz. They also finished 1-7 at home, their worst home record since 1989

BigD5

Reaction score
Great season
Wimped out in week 17 and rested starters. So we had two weeks off before playoffs. The rust probably cost us the game against Green Bay.

Also benched all time dallas cowboy passing leader in almost every category for a rookie QB. Rookie QBs have never even played in a super bowl before. Huge mistake in my opinion

BigD5

Reaction score
Den - carved up by Trevor siemien

Rams - blew 24-16 halftime lead

GB - score 20 4th qtr pts to beat dallas

ATL - a career scrub sets falcon franchise record of 6 sacks

Phi - got completed dominated

SD - embarrassed by a 4-6 team that goes for 500 total yards and QB throws for 400 yds.

The 500-400 club now has eight quarterbacks who have done it against the Cowboys since 1960. Billy Wade did it in 1962 win for the Bears and Warren Moon accomplished it in 1991 for the Houston Oilers. The other six have done it against the Jason Garrett-coached Cowboys since 2011:

-- Eli Manning in a December 2011 win for New York.
-- Drew Brees in a December 2012 win for New Orleans.
-- Peyton Manning in an October 2013 win for Denver.
-- Matt Stafford in an October 2013 win for Detroit.
-- Kirk Cousins in a November 2016 loss for Washington.
-- Philip Rivers in a November 2017 win for Los Angeles.

Now the 500/400 club without forcing a turnover or getting sacked is THREE. Brees, Cousins and rivers on thanksgiving. Care to guess who the coach was for all three? Jason Garrett

yimyammer

Reaction score
Somebody please defend this

fish rot from the head, Garrett is a symptom of the greater problem imo

add in the doozies that have happened since jeri ran off Jimmy and it'll make your head spin

losing to the expansion Houston Texans was a nice touch

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
One win doesn’t override an entire body of work.

Some of the worst things to happen in Dallas Cowboys history has happened under his watch. That’s inexcusable

Did you somehow sleep through the early 2000's or early 1960's?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How many exactly and in what years? I remember a game or 2 early on in his career, but none since.
Do you watch all the games? In the last 13 games Garrett’s coaching has played a huge roll in us losing 3 games. Against Atlanta Garrett and HIS coaching staff let 1 JAG destroy our complete offense. Garrett never gave his inept backup tackles any help. Inexcusable! The next game he started chipping for them. What professsional coach takes a WHOLE game to figure out his tackles needed help? Against Green Bay this season when we should have been trying to run the clock down Garrett’s coaching staff called a low percentage fade to Dez on a second and 2 from the 8 yard line. The ball was incomplete which stopped the clock and gave Rogers approx. 40 extra seconds to beat us. Dumb! Rogers threw a late TD with 17 seconds left. In last years playoff game Garrett and HIS coaching staff did not have us ready to play. Also, with approx. 1:50 seconds to play we had just got a 1st down, behind by 3. We were just out of FG range on the 41 yard line. We had plenty of time to get into FG range or posssibly score a TD. No need to waste a down by spiking the ball. Remember we are not in FG range yet! Garrett decides to waste a down by spiking the ball. I am screaming at the TV at the time, “Don’t Spike It”. Next play Beasley gains 7 and goes OUT OF BOUNDS. Since Garrett wasted a down on the spike it is now 3rd down. If we don’t convert GB has to much time.( Comical Garrett is trying to save time by spiking the ball, but in reality all it did was cost us a down and save time for GB) On 3rd down Dak’s pass is batted down. Having only 2 downs instead of 3, because of Garrett’s stupid spike, cost us an excellent chance to keep the ball and control of the clock. Also, after we kicked the game tieing FG, with to much time on the clock, Garrett should have called for a Kickoff shirt of the goal line. We had already stopped them on the 5 and 18 on kickoffs and their backup returner was in the game. Kicking off short would have run at least 8 seconds of the clock. Rogers was sacked by Heath with less than 8 seconds on the clock. We kickoff shirt and the game probably goes into OT, no time for Roger’s miracle pass on the sideline.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody please defend this

There's nothing really to defend. It's just mostly your interpretation of the games we've lost under Garrett. It's already been established that he's won at a higher rate than most coaches over that time. If you want to blame him for the failures and not credit him for the successes, knock yourself out.

It didn't change anything before the last big extension, and it's probably not going to change anything going into next offseason. Honestly, it gets tedious playing this game in every unrelated thread.

This was a nice little clip of a speech the coach gave after an good win. It was a good speech. It doesn't need to be a referendum or a biased interpretation of his entire tenure.