Garretts post game locker room speech

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Beast as I've said if you cant see whats happening I cant explain it to you.

See what is happening?

I see one playoff win during the Jason Garrett era.............Are there other playoff wins that are invisible, like Wonder Woman's jet:huh:

Hey Wonder Woman, can you help us find Garrett's lost playoff wins, I think they are invisible like your plane is:laugh:

hqdefault.jpg

waving monkey

Reaction score
Comparing Garrett to the more elite coaches is part of the problem . The Cowboys are not an elite football franchise any longer due to Jerry’s intent to control operations.

You’d think after 20 years fans would have adjusted their expectations and mentality?

Maybe we need 30 years and our 85 year old Football Idiot for it to sink in?
I'll differ with you n this mistaken idea that many have that JJones is controlling the Cowboys still.
He has veto power but Stephen is doing most of the heavy lifting.
Many do not accept that but its been addressed quit a bit.

BigD5

Reaction score
Did you somehow sleep through the early 2000's or early 1960's?
Did you somehow miss where I pointed out several worsts in franchise history under Garrett?

As bad as those times may have been, they still weren’t record breaking times (in a bad way)

BigD5

Reaction score
There's nothing really to defend. It's just mostly your interpretation of the games we've lost under Garrett. It's already been established that he's won at a higher rate than most coaches over that time. If you want to blame him for the failures and not credit him for the successes, knock yourself out.

It didn't change anything before the last big extension, and it's probably not going to change anything going into next offseason. Honestly, it gets tedious playing this game in every unrelated thread.

This was a nice little clip of a speech the coach gave after an good win. It was a good speech. It doesn't need to be a referendum or a biased interpretation of his entire tenure.
Again, a few posters have amnesia. They said they don’t remember or only remember maybe a game or two in which we lost in embarrassing fashion. That’s so comical to me.

So to back up my point that they called me out on, I provided proof

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jesus Christ man. Are you just freaking with us or what?

A game or two? TWO games is all you can remember that we lost in spectacular fashion under Garrett?
No I’m not kidding you. Tell me what games Garrett lost due to time management.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you watch all the games? In the last 13 games Garrett’s coaching has played a huge roll in us losing 3 games. Against Atlanta Garrett and HIS coaching staff let 1 JAG destroy our complete offense. Garrett never gave his inept backup tackles any help. Inexcusable! The next game he started chipping for them. What professsional coach takes a WHOLE game to figure out his tackles needed help? Against Green Bay this season when we should have been trying to run the clock down Garrett’s coaching staff called a low percentage fade to Dez on a second and 2 from the 8 yard line. The ball was incomplete which stopped the clock and gave Rogers approx. 40 extra seconds to beat us. Dumb! Rogers threw a late TD with 17 seconds left. In last years playoff game Garrett and HIS coaching staff did not have us ready to play. Also, with approx. 1:50 seconds to play we had just got a 1st down, behind by 3. We were just out of FG range on the 41 yard line. We had plenty of time to get into FG range or posssibly score a TD. No need to waste a down by spiking the ball. Remember we are not in FG range yet! Garrett decides to waste a down by spiking the ball. I am screaming at the TV at the time, “Don’t Spike It”. Next play Beasley gains 7 and goes OUT OF BOUNDS. Since Garrett wasted a down on the spike it is now 3rd down. If we don’t convert GB has to much time.( Comical Garrett is trying to save time by spiking the ball, but in reality all it did was cost us a down and save time for GB) On 3rd down Dak’s pass is batted down. Having only 2 downs instead of 3, because of Garrett’s stupid spike, cost us an excellent chance to keep the ball and control of the clock. Also, after we kicked the game tieing FG, with to much time on the clock, Garrett should have called for a Kickoff shirt of the goal line. We had already stopped them on the 5 and 18 on kickoffs and their backup returner was in the game. Kicking off short would have run at least 8 seconds of the clock. Rogers was sacked by Heath with less than 8 seconds on the clock. We kickoff shirt and the game probably goes into OT, no time for Roger’s miracle pass on the sideline.
Keep up. The argument is how many games Garrett lost by his time management. Don’t try and move the goal posts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll differ with you n this mistaken idea that many have that JJones is controlling the Cowboys still.
He has veto power but Stephen is doing most of the heavy lifting.
Many do not accept that but its been addressed quit a bit.
Has it been addressed by Jerry and Stephen or just some hopeful fans assuming the better decisions are not being made by Jerry?

“ you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts” Bill Parcells.

That’s all we’re seeing is Stephen and Jason with more influence overJerry. Not always as he’s still intent on taking risk.

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The only time I want to see those hands clapping is after we win the Super Bowl.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Has it been addressed by Jerry and Stephen or just some hopeful fans assuming the better decisions are not being made by Jerry?

“ you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts” Bill Parcells.

That’s all we’re seeing is Stephen and Jason with more influence overJerry. Not always as he’s still intent on taking risk.
I am absolutely sure your right about Jones risk taking instincts but he has stepped back and the results are noticeable.

yimyammer

Reaction score
No. But it was widely used. Surely it could be found.

didn't have any luck with the googles, found you quoting it elsewhere and someone else at a different forum but no article quoting Parcels.

I'm not challenging you as it certainly rings true but I like to save source quotes like this whenever I can because people won't believe its true without reliable sources.

Kind of like when Parcells said in his book that jeri negotiated in the terms of the contract how credit would get disseminated should they win a Super Bowl. People wouldn't believe it if it wasn't right there in black and white, here's the excerpt from the Book Parcells: A Football Life:

wYd3LH1.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
didn't have any luck with the googles, found you quoting it elsewhere and someone else at a different forum but no article quoting Parcels.

I'm not challenging you as it certainly rings true but I like to save source quotes like this whenever I can because people won't believe its true without reliable sources.

Kind of like when Parcells said in his book that jeri negotiated in the terms of the contract how credit would get disseminated should they win a Super Bowl. People wouldn't believe it if it wasn't right there in black and white, here's the excerpt from the Book Parcells: A Football Life:

wYd3LH1.jpg
It might have been verbally. Like in an interview.

It was an interview well after he left the Cowboys when he was explaining Jerrys interference in what I’d describe in a defending tone when he added this.