Garrett's presser

9darter

Reaction score
Garrett is a corporate pawn for a money-grabbing corporation run by Jerry Jones, who really doesn't care at all about attaining team success, only putting more money in his greedy pocket. The Cowboys are nothing but a perpetual lie and facade. Garrett is just the sideline clown.

This. Exactly this.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Agreed , draft picks should be where our minds should be at .

If we got Garrett & we got guaranteed not making a deep playoff run,
we should think about drafting...we should be thinking a top 5 pick .

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the teaching methods arent working.....

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Jason Garrett has absolutely ruined this team. They way they talk is just like him. Robotic. Unemotional. The same thing over and over. “We have go to play better. We know we are better than how we showed on the field.”. You can’t win games if you’re head isn’t it the game in the first place. Physically, we know this team has the tangibles to win it all. Mentally? This team is unemotional. There is a lack of happiness and passion on that sideline. A lack of energy and inspiration, and dare I say, that’s the most important thing for a team to have if you want to win. This Dallas team won’t win another game until Jason Garrett is gone and they start playing inspired football. Until then, buckle up for the ride.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Of course his pc was nothing but cliches and platitudes as always, but I will say he's not showing as much of that subtly cocky, smartest-guy-in-the-room attitude he usually displays. In fact, he sounded kind of whipped. Couldn't believe he said, "I sure hope so" when asked if his team still had confidence.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Agreed , draft picks should be where our minds should be at .

If we got Garrett & we got guaranteed not making a deep playoff run,
we should think about drafting...we should be thinking a top 5 pick .

I don’t know. Bengals and Dolphins have us beat. So do the Commanders. Maybe the Cardinals, Broncos, Titans, and the Falcons have us beat for a top 5 pick. This team should honestly go ahead and tank but they probably won’t because that’s too smart of an idea. We’re likely top 10 tho, so I guess it’s not too bad.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Garrett is on the edge of losing the team. However, I’m sorry, but I have trouble taking that criticism by Dez seriously. Yeah, Dez, I bet you didn’t like to go to class, either.

Perhaps Dez isn't the best source. Can you think of a single former player that supports Garret and thinks he's a good coach? I'm drawing a blank......

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I saw that presser , the questions being asked to garrett were also pathetic .

"uh, jason ... having injuries and ref penalties that are questionable .. uhhh .. did that contribute to a loss today ? " <--- PATHETIC.
yeah stupid questions, but the jones boys only let certain people in.
The other thing I cant figure is why the dont have an audience mike
so we can actually hear the questions.

nobody

Reaction score

So the players and coaches can answer questions how they want us to think they're asked rather than how they're actually asked....which doesn't matter anyway because Jerry blacklists anyone who asks a hard question.

Eight_Trips

Reaction score
It is time to cut the chord. It is WAY overdue. he just looks clueless on the sidelines. Each time they cut to a shot of him yesterday, he looked like he was totally lost. Ridiculous.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And for a team whose defensive line is banged up and the top pick who sucks so bad he can't even be active, there was no point in letting taco go.

The reason I hear for not letting Jason go is there is no benefit for doing it right now. So why do that with taco? Especially considering we needed the bodies on the dline.

Believe it or not, taco has 3 more tackles this year than tank and his only played in 3 games.

Yeah, Taco is may be our best Clown Coaching story of the year. No sacks, but 4 more tackles on Sunday. It will be hilarious if he outperforms DLaw this year.

Marinelli is supposed to be the Dline Whisperer. Clearly didn't have the knack with Taco. This is a personnel management failure up and down our coaching staff. A guy could play, but we couldn't get him to play for *us*. MartyB all over again.

Grown ups would be looking at how they failed to push his buttons the right way, but our guys will just privately bemoan that Taco wasn't a RKG, and didn't fit in with our "culture".

I'm on the lookup for Jerry to mention Taco's success at Miami. I bet he's bitter about this one, as cutting a 1st round pick only to have him instantly flourish elsewhere makes the GM look like a dolt.

Clown Team.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's lost 'em.

There was similar scene with Romo as he came off the field after his single TD drive in 2016. He wouldn't even look at Garrett.

This looks worse, though. There were special circumstances with Romo to be bitter about. This is just his defense ignoring him.

The phrase with Wade was "he lost the team". This looks like Garrett lost the defense at least too.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

Some questions can be heard . Like the one i quoted .

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I think Garrett's already lost a good portion of the team...if not all of it. He's definitely lost the defense.
I recall a game back in the days of the Houston oilers, when the duck and chuck offense was being run. It wasn't good, and after like 5-6 games of 3 and outs and the defense living on the field, Buddy Ryan walked over and punched the OC,(can't recall his name) in the mouth...IMO THAT'S FOOTBALL!