Garrett's presser

lockster

Reaction score
We need the Tuna to go give the team interviews. Just giving Ng interviews on the teams performance would increase the teams wins by at least 2 a year, by laying the blame on the right doorstep. :). And being honest about coaching, refs, etc.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Execute this. Execute that. It does not compute that JG should still be HC of the Dallas Cowboys.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Same ole' thing over and over.

"We didn't execute"
"It's a process"
"We need to get better in all phases of the game"
"I thought we did some good things"
"I really like what "insert player name" has done for us"
"We felt like we had a chance"
"We need to play for 60 minutes"
"Got to keep fighting and finish the fight"

Blah Blah Blah. I have never been over a head coach as much as I am with Garrett.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Every single former Cowboys player say Jason Garrett is the problem and yall try to label them bitter. Romo even threw some shade at Jason today and and while he may be a little salty about the way things ended here, I'd never say he and Jason aren't cool.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Garrett is in charge, he's a bad coach. He has pretty much always been bad. He might be ok as a locker room guy, but in X's and O's and as a game day General, he's bad, he's always been bad.

We can call Kellen Moore awesome all we want at 3-0. But, even then everyone was saying, "the offense hasn't changed". It didn't. It's still Garrett's offense. It's still what he ran when he was OC. It's still what Linehan ran, very ineptly.

Same on defense. Richard can call plays all he wants, but it's still Rod's defense. It's still his scheme.

The executives dictate the team. They're responsible. Many of the reasons the team lost today were executive decisions. It's not the first time we've seen it. Sadly won't be the last.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Jason's undefeated when his players execute, and winless when they don't. The idea is almost self-defeating in a way and simply reinforcing an idea probably isn't going to cut it when other coaches are doing the same thing, while also tirelessly working to put their players in a position that gives them the best chance of executing.

Title versus profession: it's the difference between acting like a coach and being a coach.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I think THAT right there signifies the end for Garrett on the sidelines. When his "guys" won't return the high five, something is very wrong! :omg:
That’s a sign of losing faith in themselves. I keep saying...”We’re gonna crash folks...”. I know we are at the end,cause we’re doing it right now.

catiii

Reaction score
Yes!!! That guy had the best one liners ever...hilarious coach. Classic ...love him,
Love me some John Kay too. "The Pusher" is a classic.........oh wait........you said John MC-Kay not John Kay of Led Zeppelin :grin:

Sorry, I'm so ticked off I hd to add some comic relief :laugh:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Love me some John Kay too. "The Pusher" is a classic.........oh wait........you said John MC-Kay not John Kay of Led Zeppelin :grin:

Sorry, I'm so ticked off I hd to add some comic relief :laugh:
What could he say with that Bucs team though? They really were werhouse guy types to fill out the roster like one of those football comedy movies do. Loool.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Garrett, "We didn't execute."

But execution and preparation go hand and hand. So are you saying you didn't have this team prepared?

I would love for a reporter to ask him that question.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the head coach keeps saying after every loss, "we didnt execute"..............isn't it his job to find out why and fix it?

Or is this the root of the problem, Garrett doesn't know why the team cant execute therefore he cant fix what he doesn't know.

Its like if my car will not start and I ask you to fix it and you are not a mechanic. You can pop the hood and stare at the engine, but if you dont know how it works, you dont really know what to do to fix it.

I think that is Garrett's problem if I am being totally honest, I dont think he knows what to do to fix a broken team.

cml750

Reaction score
Garrett is an all-pro spitter and clapper. Other than that......he's a useless excuse for a head coach of a franchise loaded with quality players. Sad that the fans will again be lied to and taken for millions of dollars in tickets and team paraphernalia, just to see an incompetent coaching staff tank this season. Garrett is a corporate pawn for a money-grabbing corporation run by Jerry Jones, who really doesn't care at all about attaining team success, only putting more money in his greedy pocket. The Cowboys are nothing but a perpetual lie and facade. Garrett is just the sideline clown.
Bingo!! This is why I have not purchased a single thing Cowboy related item in almost a decade and why I quit watching them with a few games to go in 2017. I refuse to support the team in any way until Jerry hires a real coach. If more fans would follow leaving empty seats in the stadium, quit putting money in Jerry's pocket via Cowboy paraphernalia purchases, and get the TV ratings down by tuning out, we can force Jerry to make changes by hitting him where it hurts. I have only watched one college football game and no NFL games in almost two years. I obviously still love this team deep down hence my still coming here to this forum but I can no longer support the BS Jerry is peddling.