Gas prices?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2420055 said:
Saw 1.77 last night. Can't wait to get gas again.

Thats an odd feeling. Just dying to fill up.

I saw 1.74......pretty happy its going down. If it goes down another 6 or so cents, I'll be paying what I paid back in 04'.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2427495 said:
Thats an odd feeling. Just dying to fill up.

I saw 1.74......pretty happy its going down. If it goes down another 6 or so cents, I'll be paying what I paid back in 04'.
Very odd feeling, which got odder when I saw 1.72 this morning. Almost pulled over right then.

I'm a bit paranoid since when gas would go down in the past, I'd be like oh it went down 10 cents, I'll get some later. And then later that day, I'd see that the price has gone back up and then some.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2427544 said:
Very odd feeling, which got odder when I saw 1.72 this morning. Almost pulled over right then.

I'm a bit paranoid since when gas would go down in the past, I'd be like oh it went down 10 cents, I'll get some later. And then later that day, I'd see that the price has gone back up and then some.

I'm surprised it hasn't gone up since the holidays are coming up. Thankfully no driving for me this year. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2427564 said:
I'm surprised it hasn't gone up since the holidays are coming up. Thankfully no driving for me this year. :D
Well I'm driving for the holiday and I'm real thankful that it's staying low. More $$ for shopping.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It might go up a little for Thanksgiving but I have my doubts- the price of Oil is still falling and from all accounts the lower gas prices have not encouraged a lot more driving.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
In a span of 4 days it went from $2.05 to 1.95 to 1.85 to 1.83 here in NJ as of 11/19. It's hilarious.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I'm confused about something, maybe somebody in this thread can explain it to me...

Why haven't diesel prices gone down at the same pace as gas prices have?? Until a year or two ago, diesel was always within a few pennies of the price of gasoline-- usually a little higher, but occasionally a little lower... but now, in this part of Virginia, diesel is 75-80 cents a gallon more expensive...

I mean, I'm really enjoying these gas prices (I drive nearly 500 miles a week, just to and from work), but the price of our groceries and such would also go down if the price of diesel was declining at the same pace...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2412809 said:
A couple other stations went back up to $1.69. Wonder if it has bottomed out finally.

From what I read online yesterday, the forecast is apparently for gas prices to continue declining, albeit a bit more slowly, the rest of the winter... the article said the average price of a gallon of regular was under 2.00 (it's 1.75 here), and by February could be down another 25 cents a gallon...

Wish I could find that article and link y'all to it, but that's what it said...