Gas Prices!

heavyg

Reaction score
Holy Cow people here in Ok the price of gas in my area just hit $2.79 per gal. It is projected to reach $3.00 by this weekend. Something has got to be done. What? I have no idea. But this is really getting out of hand.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
george bush has singlehandedly destroyed this country. worst president ever.

heavyg

Reaction score
I know this will become political but how is the price of Gas Bush's fault?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gentlemen.

If you wish to talk politics please do so here...

www.politicalzone.org

Please do not talk politics on this the cowboyszone.

Thanks

:star:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
The oil companies just want any excuse to raise the prices.

Right now, there is zero reason prices should be over $2 / gallon.
It's just pure and simple price gouging. They have seen that no matter how much they raise the price they will still be able to sell it. There's no doubt they are just taking advantage of our need for their product.

MrMom

Reaction score
3.01 up here in Chicagoland, or at least that's where Kicks has it at. Jewel's Express is down to 2.70 and the freaking line is around the block...:bang2:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
We may wind up riding bikes around before long. :eek::

If I get back from the FEMA work and gas prices are what they are, I am gonna get a motorcycle, or even a vespa. Europe has been doing that for years - I don't need an SUV.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Bach said:
The oil companies just want any excuse to raise the prices.

Right now, there is zero reason prices should be over $2 / gallon.
It's just pure and simple price gouging. They have seen that no matter how much they raise the price they will still be able to sell it. There's no doubt they are just taking advantage of our need for their product.

I work for an Oil company and $70 barrel oil does not make us just jump up and go yay. 40-50 would be easier for us $20 was good money. See what people fail to see $70 barrel oil makes alternative fuels valuable and worth the investment. $20 barrel oil prevented that and 40-50 would not drive it to much but as prices soar. The soaring prices start a trend and if this high prices continue look for things like Willies fuel start to take off.

So even for Oil Companies we know $70 barrel oil is going to take a bite out of us it is that catch-22.

Anyways look for a stock market crash in the next 6 months as oil cost soar. It is going to happen; the car dealers and entertainment industry are already starting to see the squeeze this year (and yes this is imo)

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
george bush has singlehandedly destroyed this country. worst president ever.

Man and I thought Bush being able to control the weather was still a secret oh well the cat's out of the bag....

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v620/SoonerRiceGrad/Assorted%20Internet%20Pics/71gas_prices1.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
What gets me is that when price per barrel rises or a catastrophic event hits, gas prices go up overnight...

When the price of oil per barrel goes DOWN, we don't see the relief for weeks or months...

"It takes time" we always hear...

Horse Muffins!

harry5.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
What gets me is that when price per barrel rises or a catastrophic event hits, gas prices go up overnight...

When the price of oil per barrel goes DOWN, we don't see the relief for weeks or months...

"It takes time" we always hear...

Horse Muffins!

harry5.jpg

I think they normally spike during this weekend anyways and then start going down as fall approaches but this whole disaster just adds to it.

Not only that but I was hearing that there are many ports/storage areas full of coffee and other stuff that are probably ruined so consider how things may go higher.

You got seafood stuff that comes out of that area as well and since many boats and ports were destroyed those prices may go up.

BTW...You can never go wrong with a Potter Ref and Pic :lmao: