Gas Prices!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Just a note. There are over 350 platforms in the gulf shut down now because of Katrina. This will just impact the price that much more.

Here in cloudy but green Anchorage, AK. the price of regular unleaded is a meer 2.39. I am paying 2.68 for 90 actane to run in the SS. Its all I put in her. Makes her run like a top! Still....64$ to fill it. Ouchie Wah Wah!!

D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Just heard on the news that some gas stations in the mid-west were already running out of fuel! :eek: Apparently, it doesn't matter what Bush releases from the strategic reserves because they still need the refineries which were hit in the Gulf States.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Just heard on the news that some gas stations in the mid-west were already running out of fuel! :eek: Apparently, it doesn't matter what Bush releases from the strategic reserves because they still need the refineries which were hit in the Gulf States.

Well then maybe what I heard was not BS like I thought.

I got some info that was 3rd-fth hand info and just thought it was BS.

My wife calls me at work and tells me that someone called her dad to tell him they were closing some gas stations in town because they are running out.

I thought it was BS but maybe it is not.

I do know that Monday it was $2.67, this morning it was $2.89 and someone said they just passed a gas station that was changing the price to $3.09.

So it seems we were already having high gas prices and now this is just making everything even worse.

It also means it will cost even more to get those people out, clean up the city and do construction because all the equipment, labor and such will have to be brought into the city.

And this is not just NOLA as let's not forget the devistation of parts of Alabama and Miss...just that NOLA is going to be harder to get in and out of and the waters removed.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
So even for Oil Companies we know $70 barrel oil is going to take a bite out of us it is that catch-22.

Yeah, should really dig into those $6 Billion profits Exxon had in the LAST QUARTER!!!! Good thing they got some tax breaks in that new energy bill, they should be able to feed the family now.

Speaking of families, you have to wonder how TO's family is going to be able to buy gas now? If he couldn't take care of the family before, this ought to break him.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Yeah, should really dig into those $6 Billion profits Exxon had in the LAST QUARTER!!!! Good thing they got some tax breaks in that new energy bill, they should be able to feed the family now.

Speaking of families, you have to wonder how TO's family is going to be able to buy gas now? If he couldn't take care of the family before, this ought to break him.

That's Criminal!

Someone should be Kicked right in the *** for that...and I'll let you guess who!

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
That's Criminal!

Someone should be Kicked right in the *** for that...and I'll let you guess who!

Love the Ware pic!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Nearly $6 bucks a gallon in Atlanta.

Its $3 here and expected to rise .15 cents tomorrow morning.

Lines everywhere.

EDIT:

Need to come out with these soon...

sunDeloreanB2back.jpg

k19

Reaction score
We heard 6 bucks in ATL when I was filling up this evening and it was of course on the local news. We waited an hour to pay 2.67 a gallon while every other place in town was 2.99 and up. Why gas is double in the northern part of the state is beyond me.

Funny thing is that gas was 2.68 when I left work at 430 this afternoon. By 530 it was up to 2.99 in most place and by 830 it had gone up to 3.29 in a few places. Why the one station we filled up at was 2.67 is beyond me but I wasn't going to argue. Place didnt take credit cards either but the ATM machine inside worked, imagine that :rolleyes: Of course it was 2.58 on base and they had SP's directing traffic and checking everyones ID's at the pumps, plus waiting forever in line.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
heavyg said:
Holy Cow people here in Ok the price of gas in my area just hit $2.79 per gal. It is projected to reach $3.00 by this weekend. Something has got to be done. What? I have no idea. But this is really getting out of hand.

Can you say "price gouging"??

Ask yourself what the price of gas was back when Dubya was inaugurated the first time... then, ask yourself if the price it is today (more than doubled) is really reflective of inflation at work...

Dubya's oil buddies have really gotten their money's worth out of him... meanwhile, the price of goin' back and forth to work for me has more than doubled... so I'm eatin' a lot more hot dogs, and Kraft mac and cheese...

silverbear

Reaction score
heavyg said:
I know this will become political but how is the price of Gas Bush's fault?

Yeah, it's purely coincidental that gas prices have more than doubled since he took office about 5 years ago...

Part of your answer is found in the war in Iraq... see if you can figure out how the disruption in the oil supply over there because of the war translates into higher prices at the pumps for you and me...

Then, remind yourself where Dubya comes from, who the people were that got him elected in the first place... I'm talkin' about the oil bidness...

You stack enough "coincidences" on top of each other, pretty soon a smart man starts to wonder if they're coincidental at all...

silverbear

Reaction score
trickblue said:
What gets me is that when price per barrel rises or a catastrophic event hits, gas prices go up overnight...

When the price of oil per barrel goes DOWN, we don't see the relief for weeks or months...

"It takes time" we always hear...

Horse Muffins!

Prices have risen 45 cents a gallon here in 2 days... this is BLATANT price gouging, and Congress should step in immediately to investigate...

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
And this is not just NOLA as let's not forget the devistation of parts of Alabama and Miss...just that NOLA is going to be harder to get in and out of and the waters removed.

When I heard about what had happened to Biloxi, Mississippi, I thought about how my late brother Ron did his Air Force training (air traffic control school) down there, and that was in late August as well...

k19

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Prices have risen 45 cents a gallon here in 2 days... this is BLATANT price gouging, and Congress should step in immediately to investigate...

45 cents in 2 days, try 72 cents in 4 hours. First from 2.57 to 2.99 in less then 2 hours then from 2.99 to 3.49 2 hours later.

According to the local news the gov of GA understands that due to Katrina the prices at the pumps may be unstable for the time being. In other words "we arent going to do anything at all about price gouging so go ahead and prove how pathetic society is and screw everyone for what you can while you can"

Smith22

Reaction score
I saw a station on my way to work tonight (Washington, DC, New York Avenue) that had all grades $3.00+. I believe the high grade was $3.60 or so.

INSANE!