GB-Det game brings up interesting ethical question

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
What if WAS and GB conspired to trade GB 3 first round picks if they lost the game on purpose

WAS gets the playoffs and GB gets a brighter future......... it is not subjective...it is unethical

Who decides the ethics here? Source the code origins. Hence "subject" to that belief system. Agreed upon system. Hence subjective.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Feeling wise I abide by a code. But in logic (head wise)... after all that's what we all use in discussions on here and in the wider culture (some less than others lol) I understand subjectivity vs objectivity. Or at least I'm aware of it.

If there is a universal law religion or theology can't objectify it with logic. No one has been able to.

There is always a logic to counter and tear it to shreds.

On the other hand rationalism can be a crutch.

A push from the left is a pull from the right.

o_O:rolleyes::huh::confused: Whatever dude - it ain't that hard - it really is easy!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
not even the same ballpark

It is not the same but is it ethical? People pay money to see star players not a pre season game. What you may think it unethical and what someone else views as unethical may be different. Is ethical for a team to tank a game to ensure they get the overall 1st rd pick? yet teams have done that because it was in their best interest not in the interest of the game

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Who decides the ethics here? Source the code origins. Hence "subject" to that belief system. Agreed upon system. Hence subjective.
Facts cannot be believed or denied.......they are just facts

It is unethical to conspire to fix a game......period

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
o_O:rolleyes::huh::confused: Whatever dude - it ain't that hard - it really is easy!

It is hard and isn't hard at the same time.

You're using logic whether u like it or not. And people get deep with it. If you're offended by how deep the rabbit hole goes I can't help ya!! So be it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is not the same but is it ethical? People pay money to see star players not a pre season game. What you may think it unethical and what someone else views as unethical may be different. Is ethical for a team to tank a game to ensure they get the overall 1st rd pick? yet teams have done that because it was in their best interest not in the interest of the game
If any team admitted they tried to lose they would have that pick taken from them.... yes, it is unethical to try to lose

Pre-season games are glorified practices.....no one believes it is any thing near a real game

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Facts cannot be believed or denied.......they are just facts

It is unethical to conspire to fix a game......period

Who decided this? Tell me.

Was a suplex of an RB or QB in NFL once legal?

Is a suplex of an RB or QB now in NFL illegal?

Did a fact change? Or did a law change?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
NFL players hate ties...I think they hate ties more than actually losing a game. It's embarrassing for them

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
so as long as GB and Det don't admit it then this would be ethical?
No...conspiring is still the problem

And just because it is unethical it doesn't it doesn't happen......you
are confusing the two ideas

The punishments are what is subjective

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No...conspiring is still the problem

And just because it is unethical it doesn't it doesn't happen......you
are confusing the two ideas

The punishments are what is subjective

I'm not confusing anything and have not claimed it as ethical or unethical.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You are just throwing crap at a wall now....good luck with that

When we introduce belief into the Fact-Truth equation, we exclusively (and erroneously) reference a single observer as a source of Fact.

Belief is not necessarily a Fact.
A set of beliefs does not help lead you to the Truth.

U never answered my question and just decided to disregard me for some reason. I respect your thoughts and I give them a civil response and try and discourse with you. I wish for you to do the same. Not sure why you choose to disregard anything I'm saying even if u disagree. Are you anti intellectual?

If you can't and you choose to disregard me because you don't want to be civil than fine let me know. We can ignore each other. I hope that's not the case. I respect my fellow cowboy fan. You've given me no reason to ignore you even if we have differences. But if you can't respect a dialogue or be civil than let me know.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This might be a ***skins hack job to get us all Socrates and stuff and take our small minds off the playoffs. Or it might be Putin's work.
Putin Hates America, therefore I am ... inclined to think he Hates America's team.
It's as clear as my epidermis, mates!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Quite honestly I would love nothing more than to see Washington win then watch GB and Det tie. Just to watch Commander fans crying. Talk about a rough season they have had to pull for the Cowboys to be in a position to make post season and then to watch their team win sunday only to miss out because of a tie with GB and Det, it would be priceless. lol

perrykemp

Reaction score
This might be a ***skins hack job to get us all Socrates and stuff and take our small minds off the playoffs. Or it might be Putin's work.
Putin Hates America, therefore I am ... inclined to think he Hates America's team.
It's as clear as my epidermis, mates!

POST OF THE YEAR.