GB-Det game brings up interesting ethical question

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is hard and isn't hard at the same time.

You're using logic whether u like it or not. And people get deep with it. If you're offended by how deep the rabbit hole goes I can't help ya!! So be it.
Grown men should not dress like this:
20161227_172524.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not confusing anything and have not claimed it as ethical or unethical.
It is black and white...... conspiring to fix games ans admitting you are trying to lose are unethical

Resting players and not spending all of your salary cap or deciding to punt instead of going for it are strategy issues...who says your backups won't give better effort or performance for one game..... a RB may be exhausted or scared of getting hurt....his backup may hungry for work and a new contract and will give better effort....I remember Matt Flynn setting the GB passing record when they rested Rodgers and he got a huge contract

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When we introduce belief into the Fact-Truth equation, we exclusively (and erroneously) reference a single observer as a source of Fact.

Belief is not necessarily a Fact.
A set of beliefs does not help lead you to the Truth.

U never answered my question and just decided to disregard me for some reason. I respect your thoughts and I give them a civil response and try and discourse with you. I wish for you to do the same. Not sure why you choose to disregard anything I'm saying even if u disagree. Are you anti intellectual?

If you can't and you choose to disregard me because you don't want to be civil than fine let me know. We can ignore each other. I hope that's not the case. I respect my fellow cowboy fan. You've given me no reason to ignore you even if we have differences. But if you can't respect a dialogue or be civil than let me know.
Thanks Professor

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Quite honestly I would love nothing more than to see Washington win then watch GB and Det tie. Just to watch Commander fans crying. Talk about a rough season they have had to pull for the Cowboys to be in a position to make post season and then to watch their team win sunday only to miss out because of a tie with GB and Det, it would be priceless. lol
You show Machiavellian tendencies. I like it.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Grown men should not dress like this:
20161227_172524.jpg

Ahh but they do. And who cares. That's subjective too. Lol

I think it spices stuff up. It's artful. Like there should only be one way for people to dress lol. But I got u it's funny.

By the way Im cool with how the grown man in your avatar is dressed just not into the movie.

The dude on left is Frenchy from Denton Texas. The dude on right is...Ron Crackman Crachiola from Detroit.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Isn't it a win or tie and you are in for each team? If so why would they want a division rival in the playoffs? I would think that each team would want to win and knock out the other team.

Of course each team would want to win but it isn't guaranteed. You can try your hardest to win but end up losing and be out. If you have a guaranteed tie and playoff berth in hand, do you take it and not risk losing? That's the question.

CWR

Reaction score
They play Sunday night so they will know whether the skins won or lost. If the skins win, then the loser is out of the playoffs. If that happens, it would be beneficial to both teams to agree beforehand to have a tie game so that both teams would ensure themselves of a playoff berth. Obviously that would raise ethical issues but how is it unethical to do what's in your best interest. So that's the question. Is it ethical to play for a tie if it ensures you make the playoffs. I suppose I come down on the side that it's unethical for teams to agree on anything beforehand but it certainly wouldn't be unethical for either of the teams to make decisions in the game or at the end that would lead to the tie. If it's tied with 2 minutes to go in overtime, a team could run out the clock instead of risking a turnover and losing. I would be fine with that.

I think that would fall under collusion and the teams would be penalized heavily from the league.

CWR

Reaction score
I would ask this..

Is there a rule against it? Yes or No? If the answer is No, you make the deal and get into the dance. The Commanders offense can play ball so it might be in the interest of both parties to make a deal IMO.

At this point does a home playoff game mean more then missing the playoffs all together? I would think the answer is no. Just get into the dance

But I hate the skins and would love nothing more then to see both teams tie and knock them out

Collusion" happens when two or more teams in the league conspire together to effect some outcome in the league.

CWR

Reaction score
The scorn would certainly come from far and wide.

Has there ever been a NFL game that ended in a 0-0 tie?

Not sure, but there are too many people involved, sooner or later someone would leak the plan to the media and it would be over from there. Even if coaches and owners wanted it the players who likely despise several players on the opposite side of the field would never do it.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Flip it to the NFC East. Let's say this weekend, it's the Packers have #1 Seed, the Lions #5 Seed. Cowboys and Eagles are playing for the division. Loser goes home but a tie, Eagles get the division seeding, Cowboys get #6 seed. In this scenario, would you be okay with a tie so that BOTH teams make it to the playoffs or would you want the Cowboys to go for the win ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GB and Det could set the record for the most fumbles inside the redzone in NFL history. lol

Come it would be fun, I can see it now Jordy Nelson is at the 15, the 10 the 5 he trips and fumbles Det recovers. lol

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I dont think there is any love lost between the two, plus the heavy hammer of the NFL will come down mightily if it even appears that such a deal was in place.
Man, the League would loose their **** lol draft picks, fines, and probably suspension for coaches lol

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
yea, I'd agree to let the game end in a tie, but keep on trying to win. if the other coach was too stupid to realize it then o well

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If I'm either team, why would I want to do my divisional rival a "favor" and ensure they get in vs the Commanders? Why wouldn't I go for the division, not assist my rival and not care if the skins get in?