GB vs 9'ers. Running game matters

leeblair

Reaction score
Both these teams are built to win. Can you imagine if the Cowboys had a running game as good as either one of these teams? GB made it strictly on their running game. Their defense didn’t come together until late in the year. They beat Dallas with their running game.

But you also have to be able to stop the run. MM must focus on the big 3:

1. Get a running game
2. Stop the oppositions running game
3. Hire a bad *** Defensive Coordinator.

For all you that say a running game doesn’t matter and it’s all on the QB, :lmao:
You didn't complain about any of this when the Cowboys were beating up on weaker teams. You couldn't wait to brag about your brother and how great this team was.
There is ONE issue that stopped the Cowboys, and it's the same issue that has ended their season every year since 2016- the quarterback chokes!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both these teams are built to win. Can you imagine if the Cowboys had a running game as good as either one of these teams? GB made it strictly on their running game. Their defense didn’t come together until late in the year. They beat Dallas with their running game.

But you also have to be able to stop the run. MM must focus on the big 3:

1. Get a running game
2. Stop the oppositions running game
3. Hire a bad *** Defensive Coordinator.

For all you that say a running game doesn’t matter and it’s all on the QB, :lmao:
We don't want to hear about your 49ers. Stop gloating.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of us have been saying for years that we need a run game and build a defense to be able to stop the run and homers like you have been telling us that we have great ownership, great coaching and great players

Now, you wake up and try to point fingers? LOL

Go root for another team if you are not happy

:grin:
X gadzillions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You didn't complain about any of this when the Cowboys were beating up on weaker teams. You couldn't wait to brag about your brother and how great this team was.
There is ONE issue that stopped the Cowboys, and it's the same issue that has ended their season every year since 2016- the quarterback chokes!
I’ve been complaining about the running game all year sonny.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some of us have been saying for years that we need a run game and build a defense to be able to stop the run and homers like you have been telling us that we have great ownership, great coaching and great players

Now, you wake up and try to point fingers? LOL

Go root for another team if you are not happy

:grin:
You’ve got me confused with someone else. I’ve never said they have great ownership. Quite the opposite. Jerry’s a good business man but not a great Owner/GM.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He also didn't give GB 14 points like Dakky poo did.
So the 34 points Green Bay got without Dakky poo's gifts didn't matter? And they literally took their foot off the gas did not complete a pass in the 4th quarter.

Dak was awful but so was everyone else. Dak was part of the problem, yes, but change the QB in that game and the result is still the same. Don't know why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. Total team loss, top to bottom, every player, every unit, every coach.

I wish the only problem vs. Green Bay was Dak, to be honest. Prime Troy Aikman with Roger Staubach's mobility would not have saved the Cowboys. That's what worries me the most.

Creeper

Reaction score
Of course a running game matters. Defense matters too.

But the real issue is people just want to blame Dak because he is the QB and as everyone knows the quarterback is the only player responsible for wins and losses. No one is saying Dak had a good game against GB, but how did Purdy look against the Packers. He was overthrowing receivers the entire game. When he wasn't he was throwing softballs to them. He should have been picked off at least twice and both could have been pick 6s. All that gets ignored because the 49ers won the game. Why did they win the game? Because the defense didn't allow the Packers to score 5 TDs in 6 drives.

We're just going to ignore that because people feel a lot better talking about Dak. And if Dallas let's Dak go they will do the same thing to the next QB, or the will criticize Jerry Jones for not getting a franchise QB somehow.

kskboys

Reaction score
So the 34 points Green Bay got without Dakky poo's gifts didn't matter? And they literally took their foot off the gas did not complete a pass in the 4th quarter.

Dak was awful but so was everyone else. Dak was part of the problem, yes, but change the QB in that game and the result is still the same. Don't know why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. Total team loss, top to bottom, every player, every unit, every coach.

I wish the only problem vs. Green Bay was Dak, to be honest. Prime Troy Aikman with Roger Staubach's mobility would not have saved the Cowboys. That's what worries me the most.
It would've taken a great QB like Mahomes who could've gotten in a shootout, and then it's a maybe. Answer them score for score.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For sure
If we could have run the ball we could have bought some time for dak to get comfortable
We have to fix the running game

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You change the QB in that game and it's 13-10 at halftime and the defense doesn't completely quit.

This "if Dak can't do it nobody can" mindset like he's some kind of all time great talent is ridiculous.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You change the QB in that game and it's 13-10 at halftime and the defense doesn't completely quit.

This "if Dak can't do it nobody can" mindset like he's some kind of all time great talent is ridiculous.
Defense shouldn't completely quit under any circumstance. Or do they get a pass?

And I never said anything about "Dak can't do it nobody can". What I said was NO quarterback can win with a defensive effort that cannot get a stop and leaves guys uncovered 40 yards down the field. Get an all-world QB in here and maybe we lose 34-30 instead. Either way the Cowboys are home.

Which is why I said I wished Dak was the only problem Sunday. I never said he was NOT a problem. The whole team was the issue, and that's harder to fix.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

How do you know the results would be different? I think the team saw dak go into his choke mode like alwasy and it was over after that.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :D

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How do you know the results would be different? I think the team saw dak go into his choke mode like alwasy and it was over after that.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :D
Green Bay won the toss, elected to receive, walked the ball down the field for a touchdown, and Dallas was cooked. It was almost like it was game over right there and the offense didn't even take a snap yet.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Green Bay won the toss, elected to receive, walked the ball down the field for a touchdown, and Dallas was cooked. It was almost like it was game over right there and the offense didn't even take a snap yet.
what did the choke boys do on their first possession?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
what did the choke boys do on their first possession?
Exactly. Entire team defeat, which is the only point I am trying to make. Dak sucked as bad as any QB in the playoffs ever, yes, but it was not just him.

That's all I am saying. It just seems I cannot get the point across without people making it sound like I am making excuses for Dak, which I am not.