GB - Week 2 Quick Hits

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Every Qb is a manager. Stupid as "difference maker" but the shows need buzz words to know who the parrots are.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Every Qb is a manager. Stupid as "difference maker" but the shows need buzz words to know who the parrots are.

@Risen Star

A game manager implies that that is their ceiling. To simply manage the game means to not turn the ball over, but isn't a dynamic player.

Dak does well when the running game takes pressure away from him and he can make intermediate to short throws or run. When those avenues are removed, he doesn't cope well. He still doesn't trust himself to throw the deep ball something that plagued him last year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
@Risen Star

A game manager implies that that is their ceiling. To simply manage the game means to not turn the ball over, but isn't a dynamic player.

Dak does well when the running game takes pressure away from him and he can make intermediate to short throws or run. When those avenues are removed, he doesn't cope well. He still doesn't trust himself to throw the deep ball something that plagued him last year.

we dont know what we have. Last year it was ignored because we were winning. This year we dont know if its Dak , Linehan or what? So no you are still wrong. we dont even know if its Zeke. Every qb manages the game. get a better category.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
we dont know what we have. Last year it was ignored because we were winning. This year we dont know if its Dak , Linehan or what? So no you are still wrong. we dont even know if its Zeke. Every qb manages the game. get a better category.

All QBs manage the game, some have the ability to do much more... It's not complex.

visionary

Reaction score
It comes down to the coaching staff. Spread offense vs an elite secondary...brilliant. You stick to your strength and that is clearly the OL and the running game. Look no further than the chiefs vs the igglets; Hunt was bottled up the entire first half but Reid continue to run and what happens success as Hunt finally breaks through. I'm not saying that would have happened yesterday but 9 rushes for Zeke? If he doesn't have it then you have to give it to Morris 9 times...once the secondary was obliterated in the second quarter with injuries you run to keep the defense off the field. If you lose you go down losing with the strength of this team. I still blame the off coaching staff...just not a fan of red in big games or games with a blueprint on how to win. Just doesn't make sense playing into another teams strength.

Red is much of an idiot for that

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except at that time of the contract extension, he was "worth" #1 money. He could of handled the process of the negotiation better, as I recall a bunch being ticked off at his tweets/ quotes. Hell, hindsight, with Romos injury and his foot injury, would of been to franchise him, but we were coming off a successful year and well there was no sign he was going to not be that #1 moving forward.
They did Franchise Dez. He held out and didn't work out while away. He was injured immediately after signing the contract due to being out of shape.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
What can I really say here? I don't want to say I told you so to all the homers that popped up last week after beating a not so great Giants team, but the Cowboys aren't nearly as good as some people make them out to be.

I think the defense is still a year or two away and that has to do with the ingredients not the chef.

What's most concerning is the offense and I place that squarely on Garrett, Linehan ,and Prescott.

Neither one of these guys has respect for the running game, but Prescott is a young player, Linehan and Garrett should know better.

I wouldn't describe Prescott as a bus driver, but he is a game manager. He isn't a 3-4 touchdown a game QB and if the defense doesn't play well and the running game isn't firing on all cylinders we're going to lose games. That's the difference between a HoF caliber QB like Romo and a player like Prescott. Romo won you games, Prescott will try not to lose you games.

That dink and dunk style isn't going to beat top tier teams, especially if the defense lays an egg, which they will from.

Not much to say about the defense although I will bring in continued roster mismanagement. Not at all sure why we didn't bring more defensive backs but instead went deep at WR and still don't play Switzer...

P.S. Why even bother throwing to Brice Butler on 3rd down when he only has a 50-50 chance of holding on to the ball?

Fair post however one thing sticks out. Now a days I always :rolleyes: shake my head when I hear or read, "the defense is a few years out". I have been waiting 20+ years for that dominate defense we had in the early/mid 90's and I'm losing hope quickly given our record and FO. Just sayin.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I agree about Butler, he is a very risky option on third down. He drops catchable balls but makes the toughest catches every now and then. I don't think our receiving game is all that.
It Ain't....... beyond beasly. Butler is an Alvin Harper.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What can I really say here? I don't want to say I told you so to all the homers that popped up last week after beating a not so great Giants team, but the Cowboys aren't nearly as good as some people make them out to be.

I think the defense is still a year or two away and that has to do with the ingredients not the chef.

What's most concerning is the offense and I place that squarely on Garrett, Linehan ,and Prescott.

Neither one of these guys has respect for the running game, but Prescott is a young player, Linehan and Garrett should know better.

I wouldn't describe Prescott as a bus driver, but he is a game manager. He isn't a 3-4 touchdown a game QB and if the defense doesn't play well and the running game isn't firing on all cylinders we're going to lose games. That's the difference between a HoF caliber QB like Romo and a player like Prescott. Romo won you games, Prescott will try not to lose you games.

That dink and dunk style isn't going to beat top tier teams, especially if the defense lays an egg, which they will from.

Not much to say about the defense although I will bring in continued roster mismanagement. Not at all sure why we didn't bring more defensive backs but instead went deep at WR and still don't play Switzer...

P.S. Why even bother throwing to Brice Butler on 3rd down when he only has a 50-50 chance of holding on to the ball?
How many long passes did he attempt? How many long passes should he have attempted, given his play by play situations?

Reactions: CWR

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Fair post however one thing sticks out. Now a days I always :rolleyes: shake my head when I hear or read, "the defense is a few years out". I have been waiting 20+ years for that dominate defense we had in the early/mid 90's and I'm losing hope quickly given our record and FO. Just sayin.

Like I said in the offseason, the front office has not until even recently made moderate investments in the defense.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
How many long passes did he attempt? How many long passes should he have attempted, given his play by play situations?

When you're down by multiple scores, yeah... you should probably attempt to go downfield more... This was the same knock on him last year.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Just in case you wondered. The number of Denver Broncos defenders in the box when Ezekiel Elliott carried the ball:

8 in the box: 5 times.

7 in the box: 2 times.

6 in the box: 1 time.

9 in the box : 1 time (on the goal line).

Neither one of these guys has respect for the running game
ya Garrett and Lindhan both lobbied hard to draft Zeek but they don't respect the running game?

http://popup.taboola.com/en/?templa...nating-thumbnails-a:Below Article Thumbnails:
http://talentedge.in/jack-welch-lea...SM-03-1117-01&utm_campaign=JWMITaboolaDesktop

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Just in case you wondered. The number of Denver Broncos defenders in the box when Ezekiel Elliott carried the ball:

Neither one of these guys has respect for the running game
ya Garrett and Lindhan both lobbied hard to draft Zeek but they don't respect the running game?

I don't care about what they lobbied for, I care about what they do.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
you said they don't respect the running game I made an example counter to your statement
patently not true statement

Drafting Zeke doesn't mean they respect the running game.

Their underlying behavior shows their true colors.

Ezekiel Elliott had 9 attempts on Sunday. NINE... He has 4 redzone carries on the season so far...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Copy! And stand guilty as charged in my advanced state of exuberant homerismo_O

And,I admit rather sheepishly that I'm also personally guilty of admonishing your voiced observations with that whole " join the Team and come on in for the big win"
Quip:oops:
As the exhibited exploits displayed were not foreseen in my wildest meanderings of fanciful thought(nor bad dreams ,either o_O) yer' sage proclamations shall be measured and weighed in the scales ( purchased with the hard coin of painful experience, no less) and be rendered heed unto,,,forthwitho_O

:bow:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Drafting Zeke doesn't mean they respect the running game.

Their underlying behavior shows their true colors.

Ezekiel Elliott had 9 attempts on Sunday. NINE... He has 4 redzone carries on the season so far...
I'm sorry that makes no sense. Their resources [draft picks] are vital to the building of this team and
they have shown stellar skills and judicious care in their selections. Zeek has been the highest pick thay have had the
good fortune to use.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm sorry that makes no sense. Their resources [draft picks] are vital to the building of this team and
they have shown stellar skills and judicious care in their selections. Zeek has been the highest pick thay have had the
good fortune to use.

You've established you can copy and paste and plagiarize.

Drafting Zeke does not in itself make the running game a focus. Using Zeke makes it a focus.