GBN: AJ Hawk Runs a 4.38 at Pro Day

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

March 9
(3:00 PM): Hawk soars at pro day... We have an unconfirmed report that Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk ran in the 4.4s at the Buckeyes' on-campus workout earlier today; indeed, one team reportedly had Hawk clocked at 4.38 in one 40 attempt. If true, that represents a significant improvement over Hawk's 40 time at the Combine when he timed in at just under 4.6 seconds. More to come.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:

March 9
(3:00 PM): Hawk soars at pro day... We have an unconfirmed report that Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk ran in the 4.4s at the Buckeyes' on-campus workout earlier today; indeed, one team reportedly had Hawk clocked at 4.38 in one 40 attempt. If true, that represents a significant improvement over Hawk's 40 time at the Combine when he timed in at just under 4.6 seconds. More to come.

Pretty sure OSU's proday isn't till tomorrow.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:

March 9
Judas Priest, if true that is scary fast for a LB.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Link

Says OSU's proday is on the 10th, which would be tomorrow.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Ohio State track is notorious for fast times. A lot of people believe its several yards short of 40 meter.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's today... Look at NFL.com. Or a Canton article I posted in the Draft Zone.

But once again, these Pro Day times get more and more absurd. Putting any stock at all in them is insanity.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Thanks for backing me up with another link. Agreed on the 40 times. I don't put too much stock in them...... but still. The kid is a flat out beast.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Impressive, if true.

Didn't he run a 4.5/4.6 at the combine?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Pro day times only matter if there are comparable runners. When the entire team runs much faster than they did at the combine they're inflated like the recent Miami pro day.

When only one or two players smoke the 40 and the rest are close to their combine times it does look good like Calhoun and Orr at Wisconsin's.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
I'm thinking Hawk's agent was timing him.

:D

Hawk is a Fantastic Player that I've be privileged to watch the last 4 years.

A 4.4 would surprise me a little...But if anyone can Hawk can.

Hawk on one side and Ware on the other...Damn I wish it could come true!