GBN: AJ Hawk Runs a 4.38 at Pro Day

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Someone wrote an article a few years ago that explained how phony NFL 40 times are. I don't recall the exact #s, but it said that Ben Johnson ran 40 yards at about 4.3 in his record-breaking 'roided up 100M record. If one is to believe NFL 40 times, there are dozens of NFL players faster than Johnson. I think we all know that's bunk.

If it were electronically timed, Hawk's 40 was probably a 4.6. And I doubt any NFL player or prospect can legitimately run the 4.2s we'll see reported over the next few weeks.

Bingo - didn't Hawk run a 4.56 at Combine? Add a 1/10 of a second to all these pro day times. See the Miami U times - same "faster" hand times.

Bobby Carpenter LB Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68.

Carpenter basically just ran a mid 4.75 to 4.80 combine time. Not very good - but he's off injury. Thats mildly concerning - injury and speed.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
It might be legit. Whitner ran a very similar time to the one he did at the combine. I'm glad he ran so it was something to compare too. Whitner is really growing on me. I think he has a very good chance to be a Brian Dawkins type of safety he has a very similar body type, speed and playmaking ability.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Why is it you don't like the linebackers? Or is it you just don't like Ohio State in general?

I'll Guess Ohio St!:D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MiStar said:
It's today, but it's hard to believe any of these pro-day times.

Yeah I never believe any proday times. Ever.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
True or not this kid is going to be a great pro. Thankfully Philly, Washington and NYG won't be getting him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Lest we forget anything that actually happened during the season. That's where players are made.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ok one team did indeed clock him in at a 4.38. This locks him up as a top 10 pick but not ahead of Mario Williams.

Pro day times are inflated. Nobody values them more than the combine.

Mario Williams on a fast track has been rumored to be clocked in at low 4.5's which is more impressive for his size. I'll wait to see if he runs.

Most likely Williams is still the top player on every ones board on the defensive side. Hawk probably secured #2 ahead of Huff.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
:D

Hawk is a Fantastic Player that I've be privileged to watch the last 4 years.

A 4.4 would surprise me a little...But if anyone can Hawk can.

Hawk on one side and Ware on the other...Damn I wish it could come true!

Hawk is amazing. I once saw him lift a house to save a litter of kittens. He's a god...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hawks Combine times stand - these PrO days are all half baked hand time 1/10 of a second too "fast".

Hawk will drop to a top 15 player draftday.

Not sure why Carpenter ran if 90%. That was a 4.75-4.80 combine dud. But as a poster said - game film more important there anyway. Second round grade and future Cowboy? Maybe.

Ngata/Watson
Carpenter/Lawson/Pope
Smith/Bullocks/Watkins

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nors said:
Hawks Combine times stand - these PrO days are all half baked hand time 1/10 of a second too "fast".

Hawk will drop to a top 15 player draftday.

Not sure why Carpenter ran if 90%. That was a 4.75-4.80 combine dud. But as a poster said - game film more important there anyway. Second round grade and future Cowboy? Maybe.

Ngata/Watson
Carpenter/Lawson/Pope
Smith/Bullocks/Watkins

Sorry Nors, but no way Hawk drops out of the top 10, just not going to happen. My crystal ball even says so,,,, so there.